Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E04) -- "The Blitzkrieg Button" -- 1/27/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-27-15, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

AGENT CARTER'S LIFE IS TURNED UPSIDE DOWN WHEN FUGITIVE HOWARD STARK REAPPEARS, ON "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

Dominic Cooper Guest Stars as Howard Stark

Marvel Legend Stan Lee Makes a Special Cameo

"The Blitzkrieg Button" - Peggy may be in more trouble than usual when fugitive Howard Stark suddenly returns for mysterious reasons. And Chief Dooley chases a new clue all the way to Europe that threatens to destroy Peggy's future at the SSR, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," TUESDAY, XXX (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

Guest starring are Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Martinelli, Alexander Carroll as Agent Yauch, Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Benita Robledo as Carol, Meagan Holder as Vera, Joanna Strepp as Gloria, John Bishop as Frank, Tim Dezarn as George, Billy Malone as "large" smuggler, Jeremy Timmins as "larger" smuggler, Chad Danshaw as thug, Jack Conley as Colonel Mueller, Kevin Cotteleer as Alex Doobin, Gregory Sporleder as Otto Mink, Jim Palmer as goon, Tim Garris as hoodlum, Stan Lee as man (next to Howard Stark) and Sarah Schreiber as Lorraine.

"The Blitzkrieg Button" was written by Brant Englestein and directed by Stephen Cragg.

Episode 4 of 8
Old 01-28-15, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E04) -- "The Blitzkrieg Button" -- 1/27/15

Liked the episode. Pretty sure the neighbor is the first Black Widow. She seems to be put in place to shadow her.

The show went by fast. The ending was kind of weak. I hope this run has a real ending and doesn't do what Galavant did.
Old 01-28-15, 12:34 AM

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

It should have a real ending, as it was written as a self contained story. If they decide to do another batch of episodes it would be another self contained story. Atwell mentioned in an interview she'd like to do stories in different decades, filling in gaps of the timeline.
Old 01-28-15, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Glad to hear this will have a definitive ending for the current story arc. I'd be pissed if they pulled a Galavant.
Old 01-28-15, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My interest is fading with each episode. After a stellar start, the relentless girl power is starting to get annoying.
Old 01-28-15, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I thought the episode was just ok; finding another of Howard's "weapons" was a little boring this time, and I didn't care for all military welcome stuff. The only part I really liked was Peggy talking about Steve.
Old 01-28-15, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14 View Post
It should have a real ending, as it was written as a self contained story. If they decide to do another batch of episodes it would be another self contained story. Atwell mentioned in an interview she'd like to do stories in different decades, filling in gaps of the timeline.
I like that, too. Next season could be set in the 1950s and feature the Winter Soldier. Then the next one could be set in a James Bondy/Steranko-ish SHIELD 1960s, etc.
Old 01-28-15, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I guess I'm just used to spy shows set in modern times where they have to be a lot more sneaky than they are. Carter gets seen by all kinds of thugs and whatnot who can reveal her identity and just lets them walk. She's driving with and talking to Jarvis pretty much out in the open, for anyone to see (at least Stark was hiding). And Stark, who is ostensibly hiding out, doesn't seem to care much about being seen. I understand that part of it is that everyone at her job underestimates her because she's a woman, but if they even slightly suspected her they could find out everything.

Also, I know she replaced the bricks, but did she re-wallpaper the wall, because otherwise that's a terrible hiding place.

I did like the bit in Germany (where I was sure the chief was going to be hydra or something) and ninja lady.
Old 01-28-15, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I totally forgot, but the Stan Lee cameo was pretty great.
Old 01-28-15, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Stan Lee cameo.

So we see that one new girl is obviously a spy.

Next week we get:

Spoiler:
Howling Commandos!
Old 01-28-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, next week's spoiler got me really excited, though it seems like a huge departure from the rest of the show.
Old 01-28-15, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig View Post

Also, I know she replaced the bricks, but did she re-wallpaper the wall, because otherwise that's a terrible hiding place.
If I recall correctly, she took down a painting off the wall, so presumably the painting would cover up the hiding spot.

You would think by now that she could come up with a better cover story for why she is out late all night. Even a simple, I'm working the late shift as we got a new government contract that runs 24/7.
Old 01-28-15, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, next week's spoiler got me really excited, though it seems like a huge departure from the rest of the show.
The Howard Stark storyline is pretty much over, though. All his junk is accounted for, and he can use the blood vial as leverage to quiet the treason charges. Not much more snooping for Peggy and Jarvis to do here. The new villain will tie in with whatever they're planning for the Howling Commandos.

I'm sure we'll get some follow-up on the thugs in the SSR, but it looks like there's a lot more planned for the second half.
Old 01-28-15, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I guess I'm just used to spy shows set in modern times where they have to be a lot more sneaky than they are. Carter gets seen by all kinds of thugs and whatnot who can reveal her identity and just lets them walk. She's driving with and talking to Jarvis pretty much out in the open, for anyone to see (at least Stark was hiding). And Stark, who is ostensibly hiding out, doesn't seem to care much about being seen. I understand that part of it is that everyone at her job underestimates her because she's a woman, but if they even slightly suspected her they could find out everything.

I did like the bit in Germany (where I was sure the chief was going to be hydra or something) and ninja lady.
I still like this show but the above also bugs me. I'll continue with the show since I like Atwell but they need to tighten up the writing. I can't wait for next week episode!
Old 01-28-15, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The Howard Stark storyline is pretty much over, though. All his junk is accounted for, and he can use the blood vial as leverage to quiet the treason charges. Not much more snooping for Peggy and Jarvis to do here. The new villain will tie in with whatever they're planning for the Howling Commandos.

I'm sure we'll get some follow-up on the thugs in the SSR, but it looks like there's a lot more planned for the second half.
I don't think the Stark stuff is over at all, given they just tied Stark to that battle that never actually happened or whatever where those 2 guys came from.
Old 01-28-15, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by karoomba View Post
If I recall correctly, she took down a painting off the wall, so presumably the painting would cover up the hiding spot.

You would think by now that she could come up with a better cover story for why she is out late all night. Even a simple, I'm working the late shift as we got a new government contract that runs 24/7.
Yeah, I know she put the painting back up, which makes it only a terrible hiding spot and not a monumentally stupid one, but still.

Whey did she decide to live in a place where there's a curfew and an overbearing landlord anyway? Is it because women then couldn't live on their own or something? I know it was ostensibly to tie her with Fonseca and give her a life outside of her job, but that hasn't really materialized since she moved.
Old 01-28-15, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Stan the man!

Awesome
Old 01-28-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I know she put the painting back up, which makes it only a terrible hiding spot and not a monumentally stupid one, but still.

Whey did she decide to live in a place where there's a curfew and an overbearing landlord anyway? Is it because women then couldn't live on their own or something? I know it was ostensibly to tie her with Fonseca and give her a life outside of her job, but that hasn't really materialized since she moved.
They still have places like that today. The main purpose is to give women a safe place to live without the influence of men and at the same time provide a affordable place for women that usually didn't make anywhere near as much of men. If you are older you may recall the show Bosom Buddies which was the basic idea.
Old 01-28-15, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It still seems like her attitude is puritanical and draconian. I'd hope that modern landlords are at least somewhat more accommodating and not quite as tyrannical. I mean, if even half of what I've heard about dorm rooms is true we've come a long way....
Old 01-28-15, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
It still seems like her attitude is puritanical and draconian. I'd hope that modern landlords are at least somewhat more accommodating and not quite as tyrannical. I mean, if even half of what I've heard about dorm rooms is true we've come a long way....
You do realize the time period this show depicts right? It was like that back then.
Old 01-29-15, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stan is 92. Hard to believe.
Old 01-29-15, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

if you ever speak to him, you'd think that he's been dead for the last 20 years. At least his mind has been.
Old 01-29-15, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
You do realize the time period this show depicts right? It was like that back then.
Yea, I know. Just kind of depressing to think about.
Old 01-29-15, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell View Post
They still have places like that today. The main purpose is to give women a safe place to live without the influence of men and at the same time provide a affordable place for women that usually didn't make anywhere near as much of men. If you are older you may recall the show Bosom Buddies which was the basic idea.
I get that, but for storyline reasons, why pick a place where her coming and going is going to get scrutinized? Not like she can't handle herself. And if she was concerned after her roommate got killed, where, there's a whole lot of other people to massacre at this place.

I mean, I'm sure she's paid less than the men in her division but she's gotta be making some money?
Old 01-29-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just assume she doesn't make enough to live without a roomate, and that some of the circumstances made her realize she kind of needed a friend nearby.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.