Reload this Page >

The Vampire Diaries (S6E11) -- "Woke Up with a Monster" -- 1/22/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-26-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

"Woke Up with a Monster" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

CONTROLLING YOUR MAGIC - More powerful than ever, Kai (guest star Chris Wood) holds Elena (Nina Dobrev) captive while he learns to control his newly acquired magic. At the Salvatore mansion, Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) and Alaric (Matt Davis) try to prepare Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O'Keefe) for the impending merge ceremony with Kai, but they quickly realize Jo is weaker than they thought. After bringing Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) home from the hospital, Caroline (Candice Accola) travels with Stefan (Paul Wesley) to North Carolina in search of a cure for her mother's cancer. Meanwhile, Stefan, who has his own intentions for traveling to North Carolina, is caught off guard when Enzo (Michael Malarkey) shows up demanding to know what Stefan is hiding. Lastly, when Damon (Ian Somerhalder) discovers Elena has been kidnapped by Kai, he is forced to rethink his strategy after an unexpected visitor throws a wrench into his plan. Michael Trevino, Steven R. McQueen and Zach Roerig also star. Paul Wesley directed the episode written by Melinda Hsu Taylor (#611). Original airdate 1/22/2015.

Renewed for a 7th season on January 11th.

Forgot to post this on Thursday. This was the 1st episode back from the Holiday break.

Comment on the episode:

I had a feeling that Caroline's blood wasn't going to be the answer to cure Sheriff Forbes. It was way too easy. I sense Sheriff Forbes is going to die a miserable death. I thought her dialogue about wanting to keep her Mom around was really poignant.

Spoiler:

Next week shows that the vampire blood is speeding up the cancer, which killed the black patient from the end of the episode.

and I am so over Elena and Damon. God damn, looks like they are hooking up yet again.
Old 01-26-15, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E11) -- "Woke Up with a Monster" -- 1/22/15

Elena and Damon will be paired together until the end, I think that is inevitable at this point.
Old 01-26-15, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Caroline said everything I was saying the episode before this. Like, why can`t it cure cancer? I hate when they have to have the same issues will deal with still be a problem in a world of magic and supernatural beings. Being so adamant that the blood would not work felt forced and odd. Yeah, like Vampires go around healing normal humans and if one did I dought it would travel the vampire information line.

Giant hole in you? Sure. A little cancer? NOPE! Others shows did that with magic as well. Comics do that when they have space travel, time travel, thousands of super powered individuals advanced technology healing rays etc.. yet nope, cancer is still an issue. Stupid! Much of these words would have some of the same yet also different issues then this world.
Old 01-26-15, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The problem is that the VD world would stop resembling our world if it cured cancer, which would turn the show into something completely different than the supernatural soap it really is. Vampires should never hurt for money in this universe. They could sell their blood for millions to sick, wealthy people.
Old 01-26-15, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
The problem is that the VD world would stop resembling our world if it cured cancer, which would turn the show into something completely different than the supernatural soap it really is. Vampires should never hurt for money in this universe. They could sell their blood for millions to sick, wealthy people.
It is different enough that it really does not need to resemble our world to a point where it does not make any sense based on what their world is like.

As for the money issue, they can already compell people to give them anything. And their blood is still worth a lot for what it can heal. The writers just want to add drama that does not make any sense.
Old 01-26-15, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So what's the deal with Kai if he wins the twin swap? Is he supposed to become super witch? Sure he's annoying and a psycho, but at this point is he really season level big bad?
Old 01-27-15, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well if Kai wins he becomes leader. I'm not really sure what leader gets him or why anyone would follow him if he wins. Kai would get his sister's magic but the way Kai works it seems it would run out sooner or later so he'd only be super for so long. Or maybe becoming leader is a exception to only having magic until it runs out.
Old 01-27-15, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superman07 View Post
So what's the deal with Kai if he wins the twin swap? Is he supposed to become super witch? Sure he's annoying and a psycho, but at this point is he really season level big bad?
I think they've signed this chump for the entire season. I expect Kai to become a superwitch or whatever his coven calls it. It almost makes me long for the days of Klaus on the show.