DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Banshee (S3E03) -- "A Fixer of Sorts" -- 1/23/15 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/624778-banshee-s3e03-fixer-sorts-1-23-15-a.html)

DJariya 01-23-15 04:52 PM

Banshee (S3E03) -- "A Fixer of Sorts" -- 1/23/15

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...66556845_o.jpg

Lucas' secret is threatened when he's arrested by FBI Special Agent Robert Phillips (Denis O'Hare), but both men end up at the mercy of Raymond Brantley (Shuler Hensley), a mob kingpin with a deadly mobile agenda. Against Chayton's orders, Tommy Littlestone (Ricky Russert) spearheads a second strike against Proctor at a local gentlemen's club. A revenge-minded Nola Longshadow (Odette Annable) mixes it up with Burton (Matthew Rauch) at Proctor's mansion.

Written by Justin Britt-Gibson; directed by Magnus Martens.

Episode 3 of 10

professor chaos 01-23-15 09:26 PM

Re: Banshee (S3E03) -- "A Fixer of Sorts" -- 1/23/15

Holy shit.

Unclejosh 01-23-15 09:50 PM

Ditto

Unclejosh 01-23-15 10:35 PM

I fucking love this show!

Sonny 01-23-15 10:42 PM

A kick ass episode.

Josh-da-man 01-23-15 10:43 PM

Another show falls victim to kill-the-hot-chick syndrome. :(

johnnysd 01-24-15 02:29 AM

Has there ever been a more bat shit crazy show on Television that is this much fun? I do not think so. That was an awesome episode. The fight with glasses and Odette was incredibly good. Did not see that coming. So unpredictable, but so predictably awesome. 10 episodes a year is not enough.

DJariya 01-24-15 02:43 AM

-eek- Hooooly shit!!!

That was absolutely balls out insanity!! My God, I literally yelled out Oh shit like 10 times during this episode.

That fight scene with Nola and Burton was fucking crazy and awesome. Very sad to see the end result, but we know they weren't going to kill off Burton. But, Nola held her own against Burton. I was really impressed.

And then "Hood" gets abducted by Denis O'Hare and then yet again by Nasty Fat guy and his goons.

rotfl at Hood getting tortured by the Power glove.

:lol: at him throwing fatty off the truck and then he gets crushed to death.

:thumbsup: that shootout in the club with Chayton's little brother & his goons against Brock was also awesome. Chayton's going to be out for blood. Billy Raven is fucked.

And now Denis O'Hare sends out the tape that reveals who Hood really is to Siobhan. OMFG, I am so fired up after watching that. That was a masterpiece of pure insanity. Loved every second of it. This show is just pure fun.

Deftones 01-24-15 08:49 AM

That, very easily, could've been the best episode of the series. Holy shit! :eek:

So much awesome. That fight scene between Nola and Burton was epic. Loved how they were fighting inside the car.

I loved how the fat guy was like some big wig mob guy and Hood takes him out like it was nothing. That's why this show is so great. It called back to something previous, but it wasn't a huge plot point.

I had no idea they were adding Denis O'Hare to the show. He was the best part of True Blood, so it is a great add for them.

What is crazy is how you literally have no idea where the show will go each episode. I had no idea they were going to out Hood to Siobhan. Nuts. Just nuts.

Love, love, love, love this show. :up:

starseed1981 01-24-15 12:29 PM

That may have been the best episode of TV I've ever seen. HOLY FUCK BALLS WAS THAT AWESOME

Eddie W 01-24-15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12374601)
I had no idea they were adding Denis O'Hare to the show. He was the best part of True Blood, so it is a great add for them.

Yeah, but I kept wondering how they thought they were going to be able to bury this guy.

Man, I was really worried this show would lose steam in it's 3rd season. So happy that's not the case.

DJariya 01-24-15 01:03 PM

Odette posted some photos after the episode aired

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8Fe8wWCMAAj6K9.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8FecxaCIAAkq3L.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8FZBTEIUAA-TDx.jpg:large

Deftones 01-24-15 01:58 PM

that's why she wasn't added as a regular character. i know some people complained about that. :lol:

FuQ 01-24-15 11:16 PM

Holy shit! What a great show. I have no idea where this is heading week to week. This is bat shit crazy. I love every minute of it.

Geofferson 01-25-15 12:19 AM

Awesome episode this week. Fans of Banshee definitely got what they came for. Started off with an intense fight and never let up for a second. Agree this was one of their best episodes to date.

mrhan 01-25-15 11:33 AM

Awesome.

spainlinx0 01-25-15 05:33 PM

This show just stays insane.

Josh-da-man 01-25-15 07:47 PM

I would watch a show that was just Burton fucking up different people.

101 Burton vs a drug cartel
102 Burton vs a bunch of Navy SEALS.
103 Burton vs a football team
104 Burton vs a biker gang
105 Burton vs cops
106 Burton vs ISIL
Etc. etc. etc.

birdseye 01-25-15 08:08 PM

Damn, that was quite the episode, which is saying something for this show

robin2099 01-25-15 08:53 PM

Holy shit.
I came to read reactions before watching this episode, saw this and immediately stopped reading the thread.

Anyway...holy shit what an episode. For this to be the third episode of a season is nuts. This is easily like a season finale episode.

Loved the fight at the beginning between Burton and Nona. Holy shit, major movies (caugh Taken 3 caugh) could learn a lot about how to shoot a fight scene from watching that. Also liked the throwback to Roadhouse in it.

Loved the scene in the tractor trailer and the end result of Hood's escape.

Loved the shoot out in the bar. Jeebus that was bat shit insane.

Now Siohbahn knows who hood is? That's a great twist. Seriously so much shit happened this episode it almost felt like a two hour movie in a good way. Too bad this show isn't on HBO, if it was it would get the respect that it deserves. It holds up to True Blood, and True Detective (still haven't seen Game of Thrones yet) and is just as good as the fore mentioned shows.

Deftones 01-25-15 10:12 PM

This show is infinitely better than True Blood ever was, IMHO.

slop101 01-26-15 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12376123)
This show is infinitely better than True Blood ever was, IMHO.

That ain't hard to do...

I don't know man. I enjoyed it and all, but the show's getting so over the top and the way there's less and less weight to all the craziness that happens, keeps it from being as effective as it could be. I'm afraid of it devolving.

mcnabb 01-26-15 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 12376230)

I don't know man. I enjoyed it and all, but the show's getting so over the top and the way there's less and less weight to all the craziness that happens, keeps it from being as effective as it could be. I'm afraid of it devolving.

I don't mind the crazy episodes like this that are balls out action for 60 minutes, as long as they don't forget that the show is about the characters and their relationships or the masks they wear to hide their real faces.

What Banshee has done better then shows like this is it was able to have its cake and eat it too. Most shows that have episodes like that, don't have the substance and character development to be nothing more then an action show. Banshee actually delves into the characters, so we actually care about them when an episode like this takes place, because we know there is much more to explore about them each season.

Geofferson 01-26-15 08:15 AM

Didn't Alan Ball leave True Blood for Banshee a few years back? I actually don't know if he's still involved w/Banshee as I haven't paid close enough attention to the credits.

Deftones 01-26-15 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Geofferson (Post 12376353)
Didn't Alan Ball leave True Blood for Banshee a few years back? I actually don't know if he's still involved w/Banshee as I haven't paid close enough attention to the credits.

Yup. He's been executive producing for Banshee since the beginning. I don't believe he's the show runner, though. I think he left season 5 of True Blood.