Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hindsight - new scripted series on VH1 -- 1/7/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-23-15, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The series begins with Becca (Laura Ramsey) on the eve of her second wedding. It all seems perfect this time around, but she is still plagued by doubt. What if she could fix everything, and make the 'right' choices this time? Becca finds herself thinking about her former best friend Lolly (Sarah Goldberg), with whom she had a falling out many years ago. If only she could talk to her once again… Suddenly, after a freakish elevator ride, Becca gets the opportunity to do just that as she wakes up in New York City on the morning of her first wedding day in 1995. She's about to marry Sean (Craig Horner), a bad-boy artist who is all wrong for her – and she knows her first move must be to reconnect with Lolly to re-live that day. Can she 'make it right' by living her life all over while re-adapting to life in New York City in the 90's – a time of smoking in bars, carrying pagers, having an AOL email address? Becca will soon discover there's no sure-fire way to make the right choices in life – even knowing everything she thinks she knows now.
10 episode season. 3 episodes in and I'm enjoying this (surprisingly so). The material is rather slight (despite the time-travel component), but it does have its charms. The pop culture references are fun as well.

Anyone else watching this?

Last edited by Geofferson; 01-23-15 at 10:02 AM.
Old 01-23-15, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hindsight - new scripted series on VH1 -- 1/7/15

Thanks for starting this thread! I am loving this show and I wondered if anyone else was watching.

I love all the pop culture references as I am right about the same age as Becca.

So far my favorite moment was when her boss said something "You Generation Xers are so lazy and entitled - you need a better work ethic!" Whenever my Millennial friends complain about how they are perceived I have to point out that my generation was also told the same thing!
Old 01-23-15, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am 43, so I also get a kick out of some of the props they use on the show. It is actually a surprisingly pleasant show to watch, and funny to boot (the girl who almost had no one show up to her party during the drinking game...do I take a drink for every one night stand or just one drink for all of them...the reaction of the other ladies was fantastic).

It really helps that there is no character on the show that I loathe, the cast seems to be clicking with each other.
Old 01-24-15, 10:11 AM

I've been watching this too. I liked it and the cast clicks well like Inhumans99 mentioned. I like the best friend character quite a bit and the video store scenes are pretty fun to see.
Old 01-28-15, 11:37 PM

I enjoyed tonight's episode which was set at Halloween. I'm curious to see how the story will movie with Becca's "prediction" job.
Old 01-29-15, 09:04 AM

This show continues to grow on me. I loved how her friend called her "the worst time traveler ever" after she spoiled Ross and Rachel from Friends.
Old 01-29-15, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It has been a great show so far.
Old 01-30-15, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
This show continues to grow on me. I loved how her friend called her "the worst time traveler ever" after she spoiled Ross and Rachel from Friends.
Didn't she spoil Monica and Chandler by commenting on Ross's reaction to it. not Ross and Rachel.
Old 01-30-15, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean View Post
Didn't she spoil Monica and Chandler by commenting on Ross's reaction to it. not Ross and Rachel.
Maybe. I didn't watch Friends.
Old 02-05-15, 05:51 PM

Alan Ruck was a great guest star as Lolly's father in last night's episode. Certain things were predictable with the road trip to the REM concert. But I liked the Becca and Paige scenes. Becca continues to be a the worst time traveler ever by slipping up by saying she had not heard the Alanis Morissette song in years and how people would love REM's next album. My prediction is that one of her slip ups will somehow lead to someone other than Lolly finding out about the time travel.
Old 02-08-15, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally started this tonight. I've watched 4 of the 5 episodes that have aired.

I'm quite enjoying this. It's a good mix of fantasy/time travel/comedy-drama. It's almost like a chick flick version of Quantum Leap. The lead Laura Ramsey has been very good as Becca. Love the pop culture references and the use of good old 90's music. Man, seeing VHS tapes, giant cell phones and walkmans is a trip down memory lane.

at seeing Windows 95 being used again in episode 4.
Old 02-08-15, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
It's almost like a chick flick version of Quantum Leap.
It is reminding me a lot of the movie Peggy Sue Got Married. I find the whole premise intriguing - if you had to live your life over again, what things would you do differently?

Does anyone think that Lolly is dead in the future? I wondered if that is why Becca won't tell her what happens to her. She doesn't seem to mind spoiling other things.
Old 02-08-15, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought she was there in the first episode.
Old 02-08-15, 02:51 PM

It is reminding me a lot of the movie Peggy Sue Got Married. I find the whole premise intriguing - if you had to live your life over again, what things would you do differently?

Does anyone think that Lolly is dead in the future? I wondered if that is why Becca won't tell her what happens to her. She doesn't seem to mind spoiling other things.
In the pilot, Becca said something that she stopped being friends with Lolly in 2003.
Old 02-08-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Becca was also calling her looking for her in the future which doesn't rule out her being dead, it should rule out her knowing she's dead.... unless that was just the beginning of a psychotic break and the whole time traveling thing is just her decent into madness. Yay! fun.
Old 03-01-15, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now we know why Becca and Lolly broke up in 2003, though they weren't super clear on Lolly's relationship with that guy.

Hindsight has had a surprisingly tight plot with unexpected twists and turns. What does everyone think of Becca's ultimate fate? Is she supposed to end up with Sean and they will have a better marriage this time? Everything screams no but they have sent mixed signals about her destiny.
Old 03-01-15, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Now we know why Becca and Lolly broke up in 2003, though they weren't super clear on Lolly's relationship with that guy.

Hindsight has had a surprisingly tight plot with unexpected twists and turns. What does everyone think of Becca's ultimate fate? Is she supposed to end up with Sean and they will have a better marriage this time? Everything screams no but they have sent mixed signals about her destiny.
Hard for me to tell with Becca's fate. I like twists with this show. On aspect of acting and chemistry Laura Ramsey has good chemistry with the actors who play Sean and Kevin, but no so much with the actor who plays Andy. I could see her ending up with one of them and I would rather see her end up with Sean or Kevin instead of Andy. Then there is the question of Lolly and Kevin. This show has thrown some twists and I wouldn't be surprised if Becca's brother Jamie comes back early and tries to get together with Lolly. ETA:There are only two episodes left for this season. I hope this gets renewed for a second seaosn.

Last edited by writer106; 03-01-15 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-02-15, 11:19 AM

I really like her chemistry with Kevin, but that makes me wonder why they didn't end up together (despite losing Lolly over him).

I was surprised that Becca didn't try and change history by just preventing Lolly and Kevin from getting together in the first place - that way it would not have been such a big betrayal that they cheated together.

Kevin definitely seemed to be into Becca from the beginning, not Lolly.
Old 03-08-15, 01:04 PM

Liked the latest episode and the Becca/Lolly friendship is starting to crack in 1995. This show kind of seems to have too much going on like Sean and Paige and his art career, Becca's brother activities and Andy and Melanie. Andy and Melanie are the only characters I don't care for and the show could work without them.
Old 03-08-15, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually think Andy deserves to end up with Becca. They seem to be setting up multiple storylines for possible future expansion in later seasons. I agree the cast is a bit too large for a season that only runs 10 episodes.
Old 03-12-15, 10:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The season finale aired last night. Somewhat of a cliffhanger ending, but was rather underwhelmed by it. Will Becca and Lolly's friendship survive is the big question they left us to ponder.

I don't think this has been renewed for season 2 yet.
Old 03-12-15, 01:40 PM

I was kind of taken aback by Lolly's outrage over something Becca hadn't even done in this timeline. I could have understood her anger more if it was because Becca unwittingly used her future intimate knowledge of Kevin to hasten him falling for her in the present. I could have seen her thinking that was an unfair advantage, since he said that is why he felt so connected to her. For her to freak out about what a horrible person Becca is was a little overkill though. Becca means well and she is trying to do the right thing and make up for past(future) mistakes.

Poor Becca, she seems to make a mess of her life no matter what timeline. Nice use of U2's "Numb" in the final scene.
Old 03-14-15, 10:08 AM

I kind of liked how the cliffhanger tied in a bit to Becca's time traveling. I also almost expected Becca to make a joke about ugly Christmas sweater parties in the future.
Old 03-14-15, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was kind of taken aback by Lolly's outrage over something Becca hadn't even done in this timeline. I could have understood her anger more if it was because Becca unwittingly used her future intimate knowledge of Kevin to hasten him falling for her in the present. I could have seen her thinking that was an unfair advantage, since he said that is why he felt so connected to her. For her to freak out about what a horrible person Becca is was a little overkill though. Becca means well and she is trying to do the right thing and make up for past(future) mistakes.

Poor Becca, she seems to make a mess of her life no matter what timeline. Nice use of U2's "Numb" in the final scene.
I don't know if it was intentional but they never made Lolly's rage very justifiable. Lolly had barely known Kevin in this timeline and Kevin had far more interest in Becca. Lolly is an emotional trainwreck that doesn't know what she wants from life.

This was a sadder finale than I was expecting. I wonder if we get Becca in a new "present" with her history having been changed.
Old 03-16-15, 12:17 PM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson View Post
The season finale aired last night. Somewhat of a cliffhanger ending, but was rather underwhelmed by it. Will Becca and Lolly's friendship survive is the big question they left us to ponder.

I don't think this has been renewed for season 2 yet.
It has now been renewed:
http://deadline.com/2015/03/hindsigh...h1-1201393304/

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.