Reload this Page >

Gotham (S1E12) -- "What The Little Bird Told Him" -- 1/19/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-19-15, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

AN ESCAPEE FROM ARKHAM SPARKS PERIL ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, JANUARY 19, ON FOX

In an attempt to get his job back, Gordon seeks to capture Jack Gruber (guest star Christopher Heyerdahl), a deranged electrical genius who escapes Arkham Asylum. Meanwhile, Falcone struggles to hold onto his empire after Fish Mooney makes her next move in the all new "What The Little Bird Told Him" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Jan. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-112) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, David Zayas as Maroni, Christopher Heyerdahl as Jack Gruber, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, Kevin McCormick as Danzig, Dash Mihok as Detective Arnold Flass, Peter Scolari as Commissioner Loeb, Adrian Martinez as Irwin, Caroline Lagerfelt as Mrs. Kean, Richard Poe as Mr. Kean, Victor Cruz as Desk Sergeant

Episode 12 of 22

In case you missed the news, Gotham was renewed for a 2nd season on Saturday.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20150117fox02/
Old 01-20-15, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Gotham (S1E12) -- "What The Little Bird Told Him" -- 1/19/15

Jim Gordon has quickly become one of my favorite characters on tv.

This show really exceeded my expectations.
Old 01-20-15, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Started off slow but ended on a strong note. Hopefully they don't do anything dumb with Jim's new Dr lady friend. No useless kids scenes, not that I don't like them I'm just glad they didn't waste scenes on them. Just one useless Barbra scene that might not be useless later on but I doubt it.
Old 01-20-15, 07:46 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

great episode... agree about Jim Gordon... great character coming into his own.
Old 01-20-15, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this was a 16 episode season. Did the add 6 more episodes or am I going crazy?

I wonder where they're heading with Edward Nygma. I imagine at some point he'll be an actual villain on this show.
Old 01-20-15, 09:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat3001 View Post
I thought this was a 16 episode season. Did the add 6 more episodes or am I going crazy?
You're right, 16 was the initial order. It got a full season order a couple months back.
Old 01-20-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So basically we took a detour for a couple of episodes only to restore the status quo now that we're back from break after an anti-climactic excuse for a fight. At least it's adhering to the formula of the comic from whence it comes .
Old 01-20-15, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ben McKenzie is as great in this as he was in Southland. He's fantastic in this. I sort of wish he was stuck at Arkham a bit longer, though. They could've stretched that out another few episodes.
Old 01-20-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This was actually quite good when compared to that snoozer of an episode a couple of weeks ago. I like that Gordon is finally shedding the goody two shoe persona that he first had when the show first started.

Does anyone think that Gordon has more chemistry with Dr. Thompkins than he had with Barbara? That Barbara scene was kinda interesting but I wished they saved it for another episode that gave her more airtime. In this episode, it just seemed like an odd scene.

I'm fine with them shelving the Gordon works at Arkham storyline. Gordon at work back at GCPD means more funny moments with Bullock.
Old 01-20-15, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

That was a damn solid episode.

Jim is finally growing some back bone. Glad he's throwing away the whole boy scout thing.

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I hope Morena Baccarin sticks around awhile. Looks like Thompkins is a potential new love interest for Jim and honestly in the 2 episodes she's been in, she's had more chemistry with Jim, than Barbara ever had with him in the entire 1st half of the season. I kind of like seeing her miserable.

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 View Post

Does anyone think that Gordon has more chemistry with Dr. Thompkins than he had with Barbara? That Barbara scene was kinda interesting but I wished they saved it for another episode that gave her more airtime. In this episode, it just seemed like an odd scene.
Yup, I agree

and I freaking love how Penguin is playing both sides and screwing everyone over left and right, including Fish. Poor Eliza. Don Falcone was pretty hardcore in that scene. Fish actually looked terrified.
Old 01-20-15, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone else get the feeling that Barbara is going to become a Super Villian?

I love this show, and I HATED the concept.
Old 01-21-15, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Love the show, but someone in charge has to realize they made an oops with Barbara and fix it.

The show just nosedives anytime she is on the screen.
Old 01-21-15, 03:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thelwig14 View Post
Love the show, but someone in charge has to realize they made an oops with Barbara and fix it.

The show just nosedives anytime she is on the screen.
I disagree, I think they are heading somewhere with her but they are setting it up slowly.
Old 01-21-15, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode. My second favorite to date. Show keeps getting better.
Old 01-21-15, 11:50 AM
Suspended

Another good episode. Notice the good ones are when they are not shoving Rocky Dennis in our face?
Old 01-21-15, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
:but I hope Morena Baccarin sticks around awhile. Looks like Thompkins is a potential new love interest for Jim and honestly in the 2 episodes she's been in, she's had more chemistry with Jim, than Barbara ever had with him in the entire 1st half of the season.
Morena would have great chemistry with a plank of wood.
Old 01-21-15, 12:23 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I'd supply the wood.
Old 01-21-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I miss Alfred.
Old 01-21-15, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
I miss Alfred.
He'll be back soon I'm sure. Quite frankly, Gordon's story is more compelling than Wayne's.
Old 01-21-15, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

New character coming to the show. Spoilers obviously. http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/355...ming-to-gotham

One key bit of Batman lore that FOX's "Gotham" has not touched upon yet is about to get its time in the sun - the Red Hood. Executive producer Bruno Heller tells CBR that the key character will be making his debut on the series shortly:

"There's going to be an episode that involves the Red Hood. Which picks up that strand, the costume strand, and sort of gives a kind of philosophical base, if that's not too pretentious a word. Why costumes? What's the power of costumes? What's the power of a mask? All of that groundwork will be laid sort of culturally for that side of the DC Universe before we start rolling into the more spectacular spandex type of deal."

A part of Batman mythology since near the beginning, The Red Hood was The Joker before his disfigurement via falling after falling into a chemical vat. There's been adjustments to the continuity over the years, with "Gotham" more likely to follow the changes made within Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke".

In that storyline, a gang hires various people to don the hood during their crimes - that way they can falsely identify the Red Hood as their leader on all crimes they perform if something goes wrong. A failed comedian, who loses his pregnant wife in a freak accident that same say, is the one wearing the hood when a crime goes wrong and he falls into a chemical vat - thus becoming The Joker.
Old 01-21-15, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Ben McKenzie is as great in this as he was in Southland. He's fantastic in this. I sort of wish he was stuck at Arkham a bit longer, though. They could've stretched that out another few episodes.
You can actually see a steady improvement in his acting ability since he started on the OC, that's rare, most actors "make it" and then that's that.
Old 01-21-15, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Barbara is not that bad of a character. I think she ends up being the more familiar Barbara Gordon's mother but meets a tragic fate.

They gave away too many obvious cues that Falcone's woman was going to get killed, it would have been a bigger shock with better editing.
Old 01-22-15, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
New character coming to the show. Spoilers obviously. http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/355...ming-to-gotham
I hope they don't bring back the comedian from Fish's bar from the first ep. He looked too familiar to be you-know-who and it would be way too early.
Old 01-22-15, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

" The Red Hood was The Joker before his disfigurement via falling after falling into a chemical vat."

What?
Old 01-22-15, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just because Red Hood is showing up, it doesn't mean he's the Joker. In certain versions of the story, the Red Hood was several people that each took turns wearing the hood. The Joker just happened to be that guy the night Batman knocked him into the vat.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.