Reload this Page >

24: Legacy (FOX) -- ordered to series

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-17-15, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Rather than keep bumping the LAD Series Finale thread, thought it might be best to create a new thread for any news, rumors about a potential season 10. Some new information came out today about a possible season 10.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/24-no-ja...nd-1201352549/

Howard Gordon, Manny Coto, and Evan Katz apparently pitched FOX a potential season 10, which may or may not feature Kiefer Sutherland. He may not appear in the season or may appear at a later point depending on story. No other details yet, but if this gets off the ground, it may air in 2016.

Are Jack Bauer or the real-time format at the heart of 24? Fox brass are likely wrestling with that dilemma as they are weighing a possible new limited series installment of the popular franchise.

That’s because the network has been pitched a followup to last summer’s 24: Live Another Day that may or may not feature 24 signature star Kiefer Sutherland. In the the idea, which comes from 24/24: Live Another Day executive producers Howard Gordon, Evan Katz and Manny Coto, “there is a point at which Jack Bauer could come in and fit organically into the story, or they are prepared to do… one installment without him,” Fox TV Group chairman Dana Walden said after the Fox executive session today. Imagine TV and Brian Grazer also will be back.

“Potentially, he won’t be in this installment, we’re not sure yet,” Walden said. She stressed that there is no plan to permanently drop Jack Bauer from future seasons of 24. “We’re talking about whether there’s one installment that he’s not in.”

The network has discussed the idea for a possible Jack Bauer-less installment of 24 with the Emmy-winning actor, who has served as an executive producer on the show and the limited series and has been supportive of doing more 24, Walden said.

Such a 24 installment would focus on the show’s supporting characters. “I look at everyone that surrounded Kiefer in (Live Another Day) — I think it could work,” Walden said.

http://tvline.com/2014/12/18/24-movi...er-sutherland/

Kiefer Sutherland said in December that he doesn't see himself doing more 24, but obviously that's not set in stone by any means.

From today's Variety:

Newman and Walden cautioned that there is no deal and no plans are set in stone for more “24.” But a Bauer-free pitch for a new installment — following on the 12-episode limited series “24: Live Another Day” that aired on Fox this past summer — came recently from series stewards Howard Gordon, Evan Katz, Manny Coto and Imagine’s Brian Grazer. It’s tentatively targeted for 2016.

“We have great characters and that great creative team,” Walden said. She noted that it would be a one-time effort to experiment with highlighting supporting players, and she assured the audience that the Jack Bauer character would remain the center of the show over the long haul. Sutherland is aware of the possibility and supportive, she added.

Here's the full version of 24: Solitary that features Carlos Bernard. Might be a potential storyline for season 10

<iframe src="http://www.wat.tv/embedframe/327004chuPP3r11824329" frameborder="0" style="width: 480px; height: 270px;"></iframe>
Old 01-17-15, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 24 (FOX) -- Season 10 Rumors, News and Speculation -- Coming in 2016?

No Bauer No Sale!
Old 01-17-15, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I can go with a limited series that has Bauer absent for like the first 3 episodes. However, absolutely no Bauer seems pointless to me.
Old 01-17-15, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

I wouldn't mind a "Search for Spock"-type thing where Chloe, Tony and Kate go to extract Jack. Might be a stretch, but I'm willing to roll with it for more 24. I'd be okay if we don't get to Jack until somewhere on the back nine.

I don't need a super-happy ending to the Jack Bauer saga, but I need something a little emotionally satisfying that that. Plus would love to see the Russians pay the way the Chinese did.
Old 01-17-15, 10:45 PM
Premium Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd love to see a Tony-centric season.
Old 01-17-15, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I really liked the last season.

I wonder if they will film in Moscow.
Old 01-17-15, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm happy to try a jackless season
Old 01-17-15, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

I wonder if they will film in Moscow.
No way. It's way too expensive. Plus Fox is owned by Murdoch -- can't see him pouring money into Russian government pockets. I'm sure Prague and other Eastern European cities could substitute nicely for Moscow.
Old 01-17-15, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

The X-Files sort of pulled off something similar with David Duchovny. He left the show after season 7 as a regular but made sporadic appearances in seasons 8 and 9 as a recurring guest star. 8 was the whole Mulder is missing story arc. They could pull something like that off with Jack.

I have a feeling this pitch might be financially motivated as well to keep the brand name alive, but not have to spend an arm and a a leg to re-sign Sutherland full-time and pay him an outrageous amount of money.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-17-15 at 11:43 PM.
Old 01-17-15, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mhg83 View Post
No Bauer No Sale!
I have a feeling if the blank check has space for enough zeroes, Keifer can be persuaded to come back.
Old 01-17-15, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
The X-Files sort of pulled off something similar with David Duchovny. He left the show after season 7 as a regular but made sporadic appearances in seasons 8 and 9 as a recurring guest star. 8 was the whole Mulder is missing story arc. They could pull something like that off with Jack.

I have a feeling this pitch might be financially motivated as well to keep the brand new alive, but not have to spend an arm and a a leg to re-sign Sutherland full-time and pay him an outrageous amount of money.
The only problem is that those X-Files seasons without Mulder were terrible...
Old 01-17-15, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think a season featuring Tony following his breakout from prison is the perfect idea. Tony is definitely capable of bringing viewers in and it would be a natural way to continue the show without Kiefer or using him in a more limited role. If the season also featured Kate Morgan it would be a great way to further establish her in the 24 universe and possibly transition her into the lead to keep the franchise alive.
Old 01-18-15, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

A new 24 season without Kiefer Sutherland is the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time. He is/was the show.
Old 01-18-15, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree that a kiefer-less season would probably cause a drop in quality. However I'm watching this new 12 Monkeys show and what if they did a season that took place in the future where time travel is possible. Just imagine 24 real time episodes that have time jumps into the past and future. Maybe even fuck with past 24 seasons and cause a huge butterfly effect

Mind blown...

Last edited by MLBFan24; 01-18-15 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-18-15, 07:12 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Original Desmond View Post
i'm happy to try a jackless season
got rid of your kleenex and lotion, did ya?
Old 05-11-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FOX Still Developing "Another Version" of 24
Old 05-11-15, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
I have a feeling if the blank check has space for enough zeroes, Keifer can be persuaded to come back.
He'll run out of drug and alcohol money soon so I wouldnt worried about his absence .
Old 05-12-15, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I want them to give closure to Jack in case there is no more seasons after this one. Have him not wanted by any govt and he can go live his life in peace. If there are more seasons, awesome!
Old 05-17-15, 04:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Some fresh 24 news

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/24-reboot-j...970462735.html

'24' Will Go On… But Without Jack Bauer?!?

When last we saw Jack Bauer, in the finale of 24: Live Another Day, he was being helicoptered off to Moscow by some vengeance-minded Russians who wanted to seriously harm, then kill him. Did they carry through on their nefarious plan? Could Jack Bauer, the fictional character so heroic he almost makes the real world seem safer when he’s on our TV screens, really be dead?

Sadly, it may be so. At least for now.

24 executive producer Howard Gordon tells Yahoo TV that a script for another iteration of the real-time drama is currently being written by Emmy-winning 24 writers Evan Katz and Manny Coto, and — shockingly — does not include Kiefer Sutherland’s Jack Bauer spending another day of his life saving the world from evildoers. “Evan and Manny are writing a script right now, which, for the moment is a Jack-less 24,” says Gordon, an executive producer and writer on 24 since it debuted in 2001.

“The possibility is always there for Jack… There’s an open door, basically, but I think both Kiefer and we, I think correctly, felt that this character needed a little bit of a break. We really believe that real-time concept is just a really cool narrative engine, so they’re telling a story, Evan and Manny, that I think is in the tradition of 24.”

Fox chairman and CEO Gary Newman confirmed during an Upfront conference call earlier this week that the network has been developing another version of 24, but said “it’s still fairly early in the development process. So, there just would be nothing that we could tell you at this time, other than we are working on something.” Fox declined to comment further on the specifics Gordon shared with Yahoo TV.

Gordon, an executive producer of Homeland, Legends, next season’s The Frankenstein Code and FX’s Tyrant, which premieres its second season on June 16, also says there are definite plans to include some of Jack’s cohorts — “keep it in the 24-verse,” he says — for the next project, which could be a limited-run series, or more. “It could be a series like last, a limited series like [Live Another Day],” Gordon says. “But, in success, one that could hopefully go beyond its first run, become its own bonafide series.”

A 24 spinoff… maybe Yvonne Strahovski would return as Kate Morgan, the CIA agent who proved herself a worthy partner to Jack during their LAD adventures? She resigned at the end of LAD, but perhaps she returns to her government post? And another possibility that could take some of the sting out of a 24 sans-Jack: the return of fan favorite star Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida.

Former CTU agent Tony was sent to jail at the end of Season 7 for his own vengeance-minded terrorist activities, but Bernard reprised the character for 24: Solitary, a seven-minute short on the LAD Blu-ray release, in which Tony is in cahoots with a woman posing as an attorney and an unidentified voice on the phone to get his hands on plans that will help him escape the hoosegow.

Maybe he makes the exit and starts to work as a rogue cohort of Kate and Co.? Or maybe he escapes and continues his post-CTU wicked ways?

“Carlos is a great friend, and we love him,” Gordon says. “He looks great. We did have that little scene [on the Blu-ray] where we sort of teased Tony a little bit, so he’s definitely on the table.”
Old 05-17-15, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is the first moment I've been open to a "24" without Jack. With the right story and actors, it can work.
Old 05-17-15, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ugh. The only thing more painful than no 24 is 24 without Jack Bauer.
Old 05-17-15, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I could live with 24 without Jack Bauer if the story actually revolved around Jack Bauer...like Tony being involved in a rescue mission that wouldn't show Jack until the very final episode.

However, just using the concept to tell a non-Bauer related story doesn't hold a lot of interest for me.
Old 05-17-15, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I guess I am in the minority, but I really do not want a 24 show with Tony. I don't get the love. Carlos is not a great actor and his character isn't good. Really baffles me when people are clamoring for him to be included in anything 24 related.
Old 05-18-15, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to see a 24 series with Tony, chloe, some other favourites but also some new characters
Old 05-18-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Unclejosh View Post
I guess I am in the minority, but I really do not want a 24 show with Tony. I don't get the love. Carlos is not a great actor and his character isn't good. Really baffles me when people are clamoring for him to be included in anything 24 related.
100% agreed. I'd be fine with the Chloe & Kate search for Bauer story though.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.