DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Amazon Pilot Season

So is Mad Dogs.
Old 02-18-15, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BearFan
I watched The Man in the High Castle last night, really good. I hope it gets picked up, based on the feedback it looks promising.
I saw The Man in the High Castle last night. Couldn't stop watching it.

I like the way it is done: gritty with an "1984" feel to it.

It also has a great deal of "mystery" to it, if you know what I mean. Things happen with little explanation: People being arrested; a woman running off with someone else's bag; a jet flying overhead; a suspicion that what is happening shouldn't be happening...

I hope they can keep up the quality and writing.
Old 02-18-15, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Man in the High Castle is go for series:

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/18/a...eason-results/

For now ...
Old 02-18-15, 09:54 PM

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news...-2-1201435977/

Amazon Greenlights 5 Series, Renews ‘Mozart in the Jungle’ for Season 2

Here’s a rundown of the five new shows:

“The Man in the High Castle”: Set 20 years after the Allied Powers lost World War II, the U.S. and much of the world have been split between Japan and Germany. Story plays out in the Western U.S., following intrigues as tensions between the two superpowers heightens. The hour-long pilot starred Alexa Davalos (“Mob City”), Luke Kleintank (“Pretty Little Liars”), Rupert Evans (“The Village”), Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (“Mortal Kombat Legacy”), Joel De La Fuente (“Hemlock Grove”), Rufus Sewell (“Eleventh Hour”) and DJ Qualls (“Z Nation”). Pilot was directed by David Semel (“Madam Secretary,” “Heroes”) and written by Frank Spotnitz (“The X-Files”), both serving as executive producers. Also executive producing are Ridley Scott (“Blade Runner”) and David W. Zucker (“The Good Wife”), with co-executive producer Jordan Sheehan of Scott Free Prods. and executive producers Stewart Mackinnon and Christian Baute of Headline Pictures (“The Invisible Woman”). In addition, Isa Dick Hackett will executive produce and Kalen Egan will co-executive produce on behalf of Electric Shepherd; Christopher Tricarico (“May in the Summer”) is also executive producer.

“Mad Dogs”: Based on the U.K. series created by Cris Cole (“The Good Times Are Killing Me”), show follows the reunion of a group of underachieving 40-something friends each at a crossroads in their lives who reunite at one of the group’s Belizean villa to celebrate his retirement. Pilot starred Steve Zahn (“Dallas Buyers Club”), Billy Zane (“Titanic”), Romany Malco (“Weeds”), Michael Imperioli (“The Sopranos”) and Ben Chaplin (“The Thin Red Line”). Executive producers are Cole, Shawn Ryan (“The Shield”) and Marney Hochman (“Last Resort”), Andy Harries (“Strikeback”), Suzanne Mackie (“Kinky Boots”) and Charles McDougall (“The Good Wife”). The pliot was directed by McDougall and is being co-produced with Sony Pictures Television.

“The New Yorker Presents”: Half-hour docuseries from the Condé Nast magazine. The pilot featured a short film with actors Alan Cumming (“The Good Wife”) and Brett Gelman (“Go On”) based on a story by Simon Rich (“Saturday Night Live”) and directed by Troy Miller (“Arrested Development”); a poem by Matthew Dickman; a documentary by director Jonathan Demme (“The Silence of the Lambs”) about biologist Tyrone Hayes based on a Rachel Aviv article; and an interview with performance artist Marina Abramović, conducted by New Yorker writer Ariel Levy. Documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney (“Taxi to the Dark Side”) is executive producer, joined by Dave Snyder (“Death Row Stories”) and Condé Nast Entertainment president Dawn Ostroff (“The Fashion Fund”). Pilot is co-produced by Condé Nast Entertainment and Gibney’s Jigsaw Prods.

“Just Add Magic”: Aimed at kids 6-11, show is based on Cindy Callaghan’s young adult book of the same name and adapted by Joanna Lewis and Kristine Songco (“Sullivan & Son,” “Fairly Odd Parents”). Single-camera live-action pilot was directed by Joe Nussbaum (“George Lucas in Love,” “Awkward”). Story centers on a girl and her two friends who stumble on her grandmother’s mysterious cookbook in the attic — and discover it has some interesting recipes. Show stars Olivia Sanabia (“Extant”), Abby Donnelly (“Suburgatory”), Aubrey Miller (“Austin & Ally”) and Judah Bellamy (“Home”).

“The Stinky & Dirty Show”: Animated show for preschool-age children is based on the “I Stink!” book series by Kate and Jim McMullan, adapted by Guy Toubes (“The Adventures of Chuck & Friends,” “Littlest Pet Shop”) and animated by Brown Bag Films (“Peter Rabbit,” “Octonauts,” “Doc McStuffins”). Show follows the adventures and mishaps faced by two best friends — and unlikely heroes — Stinky the garbage truck and Dirty the backhoe loader.
Old 02-18-15, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Glad to hear the news on Man in the High Castle and Mad Dogs.
Old 02-21-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This could truly be something special with The Man In The High Castle. This is like The Forever War, The Foundation Trilogy or The Martian Chronicles (ignoring the noble but falling way short TV miniseries). Mythic science fiction works that have never been properly done or even attempted.
Old 02-22-15, 06:25 PM

For those who would like to watch the full premier episode of The Man in the High Castle, it can be seen on YOUTUBE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTF8inDJ-aE

Enjoy.
Old 06-07-15, 08:05 PM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
The Man In The High Castle (2015 - pilot on Amazon Streaming)

Looks to be free right now, watched it tonight. Based a Philip K. Dick story. Wow, terrific show. Even my wife, who has steered clear of most Netflix/Amazon produced show, really got into this one. Set in a post World War II 1962, except Germany and Japan won the war, and divided up America among themselves. So far, only the pilot is available, but cannot wait for the rest of the series.
Old 06-07-15, 08:10 PM

Re: The Man In The High Castle (2015 - pilot on Amazon Streaming)

Dur. Just saw that it's been available since January. Do not know how I missed it!
Old 06-07-15, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts

Some additional discussion: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/624...ot-season.html
Old 06-07-15, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
Thanks. Got excited, didn't realize it had been out a while...
Old 06-07-15, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Understandable, not exactly heavily promoted. It's was the diamond in the rough for this years Pilot Season.
Old 06-07-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Well not bad timing though as it went to series so probably an announcement soon as to when it premieres.
Old 07-09-15, 09:45 PM

So (apparently) episode 2 is going to be shown at Comic Con... and (also apparently) streamed online? I've only seen mention of this regarding Entertainment Weekly's website, however. Does anyone that maybe has a bit more knowledge about this have anything more/more concrete?

Is it only going to be some "live streaming" deal where you either see it or miss it? And only on EW.com (not even Amazon?!?) Seems... insane, to me, that this incredibly hyped and anticipated series for a *pay* Internet streaming content service is going to have the very first second offering given only to some magazine's website, months in advance.

Because that leads to my final question: How to watch. Anybody with experience on EW.com's "streaming content"? Is this going to be some deal where I've got to watch it in a browser, meaning not necessarily on my "smart" TV in glorious big screen HD? While I don't mind being forced to watch it at 10-11 pm tomorrow night only, I *really* don't want to think I'll end up watching on my tablet due to not wanting to spend hours setting up/figuring out how to somehow get a browser live video stream to display on my Samsung TV.

(And, just in case this should be news to anyone/I didn't miss some other thread discussing this, one of the articles from EW mentioning this news: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/06/man-in-the-high-castle-comic-con-stream )
Old 07-15-15, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zzayf9GpXCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-15-15, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

That gave me goosebumps. Can't wait.
Old 07-15-15, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 10-26-15, 09:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just watched the first 2 episodes of The Man in the High Castle this weekend. It's pretty good and I'll looking forward to more episodes.
Old 10-26-15, 10:49 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Amazon Pilot Season Discussion Thread

I really enjoyed it too, despite
Spoiler:
Juliana (really the entire resistance) being annoyingly stupid. Actually way too much looking over shoulders, people making it obvious that they're up to no good. And the ambush scene had me rolling my eyes, good shooting gang!

But the subject itself has me intrigued enough that I'll definitely be checking out the whole season in November.
Old 10-29-15, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Agreed about that ambush. I also thought, why not try to take him alive and get info out of him? Oh well I am liking the show and will stay with it.
Old 10-29-15, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The music in this is what's really selling me as well as the look. It's very unique in the style. Can't wait to see more of it.
Old 10-29-15, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
The music in this is what's really selling me as well as the look. It's very unique in the style. Can't wait to see more of it.
I agree, those factors are the selling points. I think this show will turn out better than Hand of God.
Old 11-05-15, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

New pilot season now live....

Checking out the patriot... Not bad so far...
Old 11-05-15, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Watched Edge with Max Martini and Yvonne Strahovski. Loved it.
Old 11-07-15, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have tried out Edge and Good Girls Revolt thus far. Liked both but was surprised that I'd prefer GGR to be picked up between the two. I love Strahovski and westerns, so Edge has that going for it; however, I like the music and many of the actors on GGR.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.