Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Castle (S7E11) -- "Castle, P.I." -- 1/12/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Castle (S7E11) -- "Castle, P.I." -- 1/12/15

AFTER BEING BANNED FROM THE 12TH PRECINCT, CASTLE WORKS HIS FIRST CASE AS A PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"Castle, P.I." - After being forbidden to work with Kate Beckett or the 12th Precinct, Castle obtains a P.I. license and shows up unannounced at Beckett's crime scene, hoping to investigate alongside her as a private eye. But things don't go as Castle had planned, on "Castle," MONDAY, JANUARY 12 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Gia Mora as Shana Baker, Arye Gross as M.E. Perlmutter, Tim Griffin as Spalding Elliot, Heather McComb as Nicole Morris.

"Castle, P.I." was written by Rob Hanning and directed by Milan Cheylov.

Episode 11 of 23
Old 01-14-15, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts
Re: Castle (S7E11) -- "Castle, P.I." -- 1/12/15

Pretty fun episode! Glad they didn't drag out the drama of him getting let go.

Should be fun to have more dual cases. It allowed Kate to have more interaction with Ryan and Espo.
Old 01-14-15, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't sure about this direction, and the beginning seemed nothing special, but it really got increasingly better as it progressed and was indeed quite a lot of fun by the end, with a nice inclusion of interpersonal scenes.
Old 01-15-15, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

That was a fun episode. I think the PI angle is interesting though I can also see it getting old sooner rather than later. There's only so many times Castle can help them solve a case before they have to let him back into the squad room.
Old 01-15-15, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I figure one more PI episode before he's back with the cops
Old 01-16-15, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if the P.I. storyline leads to a solution to the "what happened to Castle last season?" mystery.
Old 01-16-15, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Very fun episode. I like this PI angle with Castle and especially with him always being one step ahead of Kate and the squad. I wouldn't mind if they stuck with this a little longer.
Old 01-17-15, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by aintnosin
I wonder if the P.I. storyline leads to a solution to the "what happened to Castle last season?" mystery.

I was under the impression that the mystery was going to be a big part of this season. I'm surprised that it's hardly been mentioned since the premiere.
Old 01-17-15, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gonna agree with everything posted so far. Nice little arc, we'll see where it goes. They need to get some of that early tension back and this is a good way to do it.
Old 05-22-19, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 479 Likes on 351 Posts

Watching this episode tonight, and being on the 3rd disc of the 7th Season, I'm not seeing much of a dropoff in quality at all from the 6th Season, which barely dropped in quality at all from the 5th season. The show remained fairly consistent, and it's only in hindsight, knowing what we know now, that the separate scenes for Stana and Nathan stand out. The episodes themselves remain well written and really entertaining.

This episode especially. What started off as a lark, a goofy way to keep Castle on the job became a lot more fun than it seemed like it would be. I don't remember a whole lot about the subsequent episodes, but I do remember enjoying them a lot.

But I really liked this episode. I liked it when it was first on, and I'm still digging it now.
Old 05-23-19, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're a full season ahead of me. I'm just finishing up 5 where she was invited to interview for the fed job. So I'll catch the s5 finale sometime this weekend. Watching the s5 bloopers they still seemed somewhat playful with each other if not physical like they were with other members of the cast. You are right. Perhaps because we now know about the problems on set, any separate scenes are more apparent. In any event, once they got together a lot of the charm leaves so they had to develop new arcs anyways.