Reload this Page >

Finding Carter (MTV) - Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-12-15, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only just now found out about the MTV show Finding Carter. I'd had never heard or read anything about it but I bumped into it on IMDB looking at actors, saw the high rating (8.1), and decided to track it down.

My wife and I both really liked it. It was surprisingly good considering it's a MTV produced show. Right now we're waiting for season two to start. Anyone else watch this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3186138/?ref_=nv_sr_4
Old 01-12-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Finding Carter

I like it, although I admit to having a soft spot for any of the Skins cast. I think Kat Prescott is very talented not to mention cute. The American accent is pretty decent in my opinion. I will never not think Alexis is not a Brit doing an American accent though. My brain knows the truth but for some reason he just sounds "wrong" for lack of a better term whenever he talks normally.
Old 01-12-15, 04:07 PM

Re: Finding Carter (MTV)

I watch the show, but I don't really like the Carter character. I wanted to empathize with her more, but I found it hard. She seemed to do a lot of dumb things in the first season (like constantly siding with her kidnapper over her real mom.) I do like the actress, I just hope her character can be less self-destructive this season.
Old 01-12-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I watched this last summer and I liked it for the most part. I thought it worked well as something to watch during the summer. Season 2 is starting on March 31st. I'll probably DVR it and watch later. The Carter character was annoying, but she grew on me towards the end of the season. I checked out IMDB and other message boards last season and many were predicting that there was going to be some twist to the story since the kidnapper implied that she had more to tell. There were a lot of theories that popped up on those sites and some were good. Plenty of people were pissed with the season finale.

I liked the cast minus the actors who played Gabe and Crash.
Old 01-12-15, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I sorta liked the fact that she really wasn't a good person. It made the supporting characters that much stronger. It felt like a "What if Veronica Mars was kidnapped as a child and grew up on the other side of the tracks?" sort of show.
Old 01-12-15, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by writer106 View Post
I watched this last summer and I liked it for the most part. I thought it worked well as something to watch during the summer. Season 2 is starting on March 31st. I'll probably DVR it and watch later. The Carter character was annoying, but she grew on me towards the end of the season. I checked out IMDB and other message boards last season and many were predicting that there was going to be some twist to the story since the kidnapper implied that she had more to tell. There were a lot of theories that popped up on those sites and some were good. Plenty of people were pissed with the season finale.

I liked the cast minus the actors who played Gabe and Crash.
I suspect the
Spoiler:
Dad & Lorie sex photos are a big part of them.
Old 01-13-15, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I watched 4 of the 12 episodes that aired last summer. I enjoyed most of it, but Carter did get annoying especially how stubborn was and always siding with the kidnapper. The 2 real parents were also pretty screwed up. I went on vacation when this aired and then wasn't able to devote the time to watch more after watching 4.

Hopefully MTV re-airs the 1st season and I can catch those last 8 episodes. I'd like to finish the season and see where it goes. Weird that MTV is airing season 2 in the Spring instead of summer. It might hurt it's ratings with all the competition. This is just another show that will be tough to devote time to with the glut of stuff on this Spring.
Old 03-05-15, 07:37 PM

Promos for season 2 are running, which seem to be a bit spoilerish and they kind of hit on fan theories. I'm now excited to see the new season.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R0d_yeg8QZg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=416381848521531
Old 04-01-15, 12:35 AM

I tuned in for the season premiere. I liked it for the most part. One twist has been revealed and some viewers probably aren't surprised. But we all know there is more going on and we won't find it out until later episodes.
Old 04-01-15, 09:01 AM

Re: Finding Carter (MTV) - Series Thread

Yeah, I am not too happy about the twist, but I still think the kidnapper is batshit-crazy and I am glad to see that Carter is finally realizing that too.

Now that they caught her, I kind of wonder where they are going with the rest of this season.
Old 04-01-15, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Every time someone says "No more secrets. I promise" take a shot. Every time someone says that they'll "never" do something take a shot. Every time they break those promises take two shots. Good luck not being dead by the end of the episode.
Old 04-20-15, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

After finishing the last 4 episodes of season 1 on Hulu a week ago, I finally was able to watch the first 3 episodes from my DVR.

I admit I wasn't really into the show last summer and was backed up on so many so shows that I decided to stop watching after 4 episodes. I mentioned this above 4 months ago.

But, I decided to re-visit it once season 1 was posted on Hulu and plowed through the rest of the season over the last month. I grew to really like it once I made the time to actually sit and watch. Kathryn Prescott really grew into this character. I think the episode that really hit it home for me was when Max was shot by Crash. That and the follow up episode were pretty powerful episodes IMO.

Anyways, I'm now caught up and watched the 1st 3 episodes this week. The big twist with Lori having a extra-marital relationship with David wasn't really that surprising. She is still batshit crazy. I'm glad they didn't make Carter the blind idiot that she was most of season 1 and finally realized that Lori was indeed twisted.

With Lori being in jail now, I think they go into 2 storylines this season:

1) the trial with her being prosecuted for kidnapping Carter.

2) the the continued dysfunction and disintegration of the Wilson family.
Old 05-03-15, 12:02 AM

I watched the last three episodes today. As expected, we are seeing the dysfunction in the Wilson family. I like how the Wilson family storyline is being handled, even though certain things again will be dragged out.

I'm not crazy about the storylines regarding Crash and Max and the storyline with Bird and her family. The those storylines don't seem well thought out.
Old 10-06-15, 10:19 PM

I know this late. But new episodes started airing tonight.
Old 01-29-16, 06:33 PM

I know this show isn't discussed that much here, but it got canned today. I liked the first season quite a bit and part of the second season. It was starting to get bad with a couple of the storylines. Article contains spoilers
http://tvline.com/2016/01/29/finding...-season-3-mtv/

Last edited by writer106; 01-29-16 at 06:54 PM.
Old 01-29-16, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's too bad. It sorta lost it's magic the 2nd season. I think it focused too much on her friends and neglected the family (who were more interesting) the 2nd season.