DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Eye Candy (MTV) - Series Thread - starring Victoria Justice (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/624551-eye-candy-mtv-series-thread-starring-victoria-justice.html)

dex14 01-12-15 09:40 AM

Eye Candy (MTV) - Series Thread - starring Victoria Justice

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...67976613_o.jpg

MTV today announced its new scripted thriller "Eye Candy," based on the best-selling novel of the same name by R.L. Stine, will premiere on Monday, January 12 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT. The hour-long, 10-episode drama centers on tech genius Lindy, played by Victoria Justice, a 21-year-old hacker with a gift for seeing clues and connections in the digital world that others can't. Persuaded by her roommate to try online dating, Lindy begins to suspect that one of her suitors is a deadly cyber stalker. When the local cyber-crimes unit uncovers a potential serial killer in Manhattan, all signs point to this mysterious stalker. Teaming up with the cyber unit and some hacker friends, Lindy leads the charge to solve these murders while unleashing her own style of justice on the streets of New York City.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Casey Deidrick as Tommy
· Harvey Guillen as George
· John Garet Stoker as Connor
· Kiersey Clemons as Sophia
· Victoria Justice as Lindy

RECURRING/PREVIOUS CAST INFORMATION:
· Justin Martin as Tyrone (Original Pilot)
· Lilan Bowden as Page (Original Pilot)
· Nico Tortorella as Tommy (Original Pilot)
· Olesya Rulin as Ann-Marie Halliday (Original Pilot)

CREW INFORMATION:
· Catherine Hardwicke as EP/DIR (Pilot)
· Christian Taylor as EP
· Emmy Grinwis as CRTR/CO-EP
· Jason Blum as EP
· R.L. Stine as BOOK
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XszzonPqi2s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10 episode first season. Premieres 1/12/15.

I know some people around here like Victoria Justice.

I'll check out the pilot because Justice is hot. Just noticed this is based on an R.L. Stine book... interesting.

Jadzia 01-12-15 09:43 AM

Re: Eye Candy (MTV) - Series Thread - starring Victoria Justice

I watched the first 22 minutes of the pilot On Demand. It was kind of meh. I was kind of turned off by all the violence.

Count Dooku 01-12-15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jadzia (Post 12360703)
I watched the first 22 minutes of the pilot On Demand. It was kind of meh. I was kind of turned off by all the violence.

I was getting excited about this show as I read this post and hoped that the last word would be nudity.

DJariya 01-12-15 03:22 PM

Yeah I'm checking this out too. I'm familiar with R.L. Stine's work having read some of his Choose your own adventure books. And yes, Victoria Justice is pretty. I'm a sucker for these young adult shows with 20 something leads.

writer106 01-12-15 10:03 PM

I just watched the pilot. Liked it for the most part. The cast seemed to act well together. I was surprised by the ending. This show has good use of horror elements in the plot. I can maybe see people that are viewers of Criminal Minds, American Horror Story, Pretty Little Liars and similar shows getting into this show.

DJariya 01-13-15 01:59 AM

Just finished checking it out.

Victoria Justice is gorgeous, so that's definitely a plus. Although her acting to me was a little stiff. Never watched any of her kids stuff on Nickelodeon, but I was familiar with her name and her looks obviously.

I was entertained for the most part. Had some suspenseful moments and some pretty violent deaths. I would say judging by 1 episode this is essentially CSI meets Pretty Little Liars for the 20-something MTV crowd. The narration from the killer was a different element. Guess the missing sister will be a key running storyline.

I was glad they killed off Lindy's cop boyfriend. He was easily the worst actor in the Pilot. No chemistry at all with Justice.

I'll continue to record and watch when I have time. But. there's just too much to watch and stuff that has more priority. Probably very iffy this will catch on here. Teen Wolf is one of MTV's most popular scripted shows and no one here talks about it at all.

Count Dooku 01-13-15 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12361773)

I'll continue to record and watch when I have time. But. there's just too much to watch and stuff that has more priority. Probably very iffy this will catch on here. Teen Wolf is one of MTV's most popular scripted shows and no one here talks about it at all.

I just watch MTV for the music videos

randian 01-13-15 04:27 AM

Victoria bears a striking resemblance to Nina Dobrev.

Count Dooku 01-13-15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 12361804)

You've been a member for a year. By now you should know that a claim like this really demands some comparative bikini pics.

randian 02-09-15 03:44 PM

I really like this show so far.

PhantomStranger 02-10-15 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 12361804)

She can play Elena's doppelganger when this show is canceled.

randian 02-14-15 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12392166)
She can play Elena's doppelganger when this show is canceled.

Has it already been canceled? The 2/23/15 episode isn't on the schedule. A bunch of bizarre crap instead.

writer106 02-14-15 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 12395210)
Has it already been canceled? The 2/23/15 episode isn't on the schedule. A bunch of bizarre crap instead.

I don't think it has been canceled. The ratings aren't that great, but there has been improvement.
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2015/...ises-slightly/

dvd-4-life 02-14-15 12:52 PM

When does episode # 5 re-air(Hulu Plus )?

randian 02-14-15 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by writer106 (Post 12395271)
I don't think it has been canceled. The ratings aren't that great, but there has been improvement.

Do you know why Eye Candy is being preempted on the 23rd then? It's not on Tribune's schedule.

PhantomStranger 02-14-15 03:13 PM

It's possible MTV is playing games with its scheduling. They are willing to change around their schedule at the last minute far more than most of the other networks broadcasting weekly content.

Original Desmond 02-14-15 08:00 PM

ive watched the first three episodes and it's ok but nothing special

Vic Justice is a good looking girl but not good looking enough to watch the show just for her

LaxBandit 02-14-15 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life (Post 12395408)
When does episode #5 re-air (Hulu Plus)?

The latest episode should show up on Hulu Plus on Tuesday. Theres like a eight day delay.
Although two times this season, the latest episode has shown up there on Monday.

As for Monday, February 23 - my on-screen guides - via the DVD-R (which uses TVGuide.com) and my cable system Time Warner - have the 10:00 pm ET episode as being a NEW one. (Although the description of the episode - A hacker uses her tech skills to track a potential serial killer in New York City - looks to be a place-holder - a description thats a fill-in until they decide to put the actual description of the episode there.)

Victoria Justice is a fine looking woman and I'm watching the show just because of her.

Original Desmond 02-15-15 02:43 AM

alright i'm caught up now

Victoria needs to wear sexier clothes if they want people to watch just for her (and plenty of celebrity video sites cap a montage of the best victoria scenes in each episode, save you the time)

I would have hoped the serial killer storyline would have been well and truly wrapped up by now

The cop is such a wimp, the friend has an original cindy from Dark angel kinda vibe

compare this show to shows like Almost Human and Intelligence which were cancelled, they were way way better

When i read the premise of the show, i expected Victoria's character to have much more outrageous skills than regular hacking

i dunno, will give it another

randian 02-15-15 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit (Post 12395795)
As for Monday, February 23 - my on-screen guides - via the DVD-R (which uses TVGuide.com) and my cable system Time Warner - have the 10:00 pm ET episode as being a NEW one.

Then it seems to be just Tribune, which does TiVo's guide, that is wrong.

dvd-4-life 02-15-15 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by LaxBandit (Post 12395795)
The latest episode should show up on Hulu Plus on Tuesday. Theres like a eight day delay.
Although two times this season, the latest episode has shown up there on Monday.

As for Monday, February 23 - my on-screen guides - via the DVD-R (which uses TVGuide.com) and my cable system Time Warner - have the 10:00 pm ET episode as being a NEW one. (Although the description of the episode - A hacker uses her tech skills to track a potential serial killer in New York City - looks to be a place-holder - a description thats a fill-in until they decide to put the actual description of the episode there.)

Victoria Justice is a fine looking woman and I'm watching the show just because of her.

I just read at Hulu Plus there is a 21 day delay after the first 4 episodes so best thing too do would be to DVR the remaining of the series.

Original Desmond 03-21-15 05:15 PM

this show really isn't good, i've been sticking with it, obligation watching

Victoria isn't dressing sexy enough for me, black jeans and coats doesn't do it for me

so will watch the rest of this season to see what happens then that's it

lwhy? 03-21-15 08:24 PM

I agree. It's not that great of a show, but it's a guilty pleasure for me. I also don't mind looking at Victoria Justice either. She really is Eye Candy. The ratings were not good for the finale. It didn't even register on tv by the numbers Monday Cable Ratings. I hope it gets a second season though.

randian 03-21-15 09:20 PM

I rather enjoyed the show. Much better than I expected to get from MTV. I too vote for a second season.

tucker 04-18-15 11:20 PM

MTV Cancels ‘Eye Candy’ After One Season

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/eye-...ce-1201475340/