DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Schitt's Creek -- S: Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/624518-schitts-creek-s-eugene-levy-catherine-ohara.html)

Coral 01-16-19 04:51 PM

Re: Schitt's Creek -- S: Eugene Levy, Catherina O'Hara

I guess it airs earlier on CBC. We're 2 episodes in.

I'm still enjoying it, but this season feels different for reason. I can't really put my finger on what though. The characters seem a little different maybe?

Double_Oh_7 03-08-19 12:41 AM

David (to Moira, who is looking disheveled): What happened to you? You look like Adam Sandler on the red carpet!

For some reason I found this line from season 4 hysterical :lol:

dex14 03-21-19 10:25 AM

‘Schitt’s Creek’ Renewed for a Sixth and Final Season
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/sch...RZxMIB7KXj1rvo

jpcamb 03-21-19 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13520246)
‘Schitt’s Creek’ Renewed for a Sixth and Final Season
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/sch...RZxMIB7KXj1rvo

Awesome!!! and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love this show, Sad to hear it will be the final season next year. It would be awesome if the final episode had them back on their feet and lead to a spin off for the kids or some such thing...

Norm de Plume 03-21-19 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by cultshock (Post 13465660)
A friend of mine lives near where much of the location footage is shot, and knows a couple folks who work on the show.

Is it still filmed in Goodwood? I used to drive through there regularly on the way to elsewhere.

dex14 01-07-20 08:21 AM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1mzdm3gzraI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The final season of Schitt's Creek premieres Tuesday, January 7 at 9/8c on Pop TV.

RichC2 01-07-20 08:29 AM

Caught up over the last couple weeks, looking forward to this.

spainlinx0 01-07-20 10:38 AM

One of my favorite comedies ever. I'm looking forward to this quite a bit.

cultshock 01-07-20 02:45 PM

Looking forward to watching this on CBC Gem tonight. :)

bralph 01-08-20 07:15 AM

I "discovered" this show on Netflix and just recently realized that DirecTV carries PopTV. I'm excited to not have to wait for the final season to make it's way to Netflix.

RichC2 01-09-20 12:07 PM

The ratings for the Season 6 premiere more than doubled that of the Season 5 premiere. Glad Pop finally got some live ratings out of it :lol:

rfduncan 01-09-20 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13668082)
The ratings for the Season 6 premiere more than doubled that of the Season 5 premiere. Glad Pop finally got some live ratings out of it :lol:

Check this NYT article out.

Bill Needle 01-09-20 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan (Post 13668182)

Would love it if this made the right people reconsider ending it. Such a delightful show.

RichC2 01-14-20 08:33 PM

This show has gradually gotten funnier, can't think of many shows I say that about. Solid episode tonight. (S06E02)

​​

spainlinx0 01-15-20 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13671029)
This show has gradually gotten funnier, can't think of many shows I say that about. Solid episode tonight. (S06E02)

​​

I would disagree in that I think that season 2 was a slight drop-off in tone/quality from season 1, but then it more than rebounded, and I have loved every season more and more. This show is also endlessly re-watchable.

RichC2 01-15-20 10:43 AM

I was actually going to qualify that "with exception of maybe Season 2" :lol:, but yeah, sad that it's ending but glad there's still 12 episodes left.

mndtrp 01-15-20 11:44 AM

I gave it a go on Netflix last week, and couldn't get past the irritating children. I'm glad that the people who liked it got 6 seasons, but it's not for me or my wife.

bralph 01-15-20 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp (Post 13671355)
I gave it a go on Netflix last week, and couldn't get past the irritating children. I'm glad that the people who liked it got 6 seasons, but it's not for me or my wife.

RichC2 01-15-20 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by mndtrp (Post 13671355)

Yeah not going to lie, it took me more than one try to get into the show, and actually I sat on it for a long time. I almost feel like it's better to start on Season 3 when they tone things down a bit and then catch up on the prequels -- but nothing is for everybody in general.

Deftones 01-15-20 02:14 PM

My wife and I just started watching from beginning recently. Not all episodes are great, but there is some great comedy and good characters.

RichC2 02-12-20 07:40 PM

Man Roland is thoroughly annoying this year. But enjoying the season overall.

Deftones 02-17-20 02:52 PM

One thing I don't like. They seem to be rushing everything. One episode is Johnny, Stevie and Roland visiting the new motel about buying it. They next, they own it, with money from Roland. I wish we could have seen those interactions which lead to the purchase.

spainlinx0 02-18-20 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by RichC2 (Post 13687203)
Man Roland is thoroughly annoying this year. But enjoying the season overall.

Really? I enjoyed Ronnie and Roland just roasting Johnny throughout the last episode. Then again, I like Chris Elliot.

RichC2 02-18-20 09:36 PM

Yeah, I generally like him too. Shrug.

Everybody shitting all over Alexis' new job was great. They're still doing a great job balancing the sweet and funny.

Deftones 02-26-20 09:29 PM

Jesus, Ted's teeth are distracting. Seems like everyone may get their happy ending except Alexis.