Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Glee (FOX) - 6th & Final Season Thread - Fridays starting 1/9/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-15, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Glee (FOX) - 6th & Final Season Thread - Fridays starting 1/9/15

Didn't think the third episode was as strong as the first two, but it was still way better than anything in all of season 4 and the first half of season 5. I thought one of the funniest moments was Santana getting down on one knee to propose to Brittany, and the new kid asking what just happened. Puck's one line reponse was classic.

Agree with another poster saying they are overusing Becky. "the foul mouth coming from a kid with down syndrome" joke was played out years ago.
Old 01-20-15, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bluesix

Thank you Ryan Murphy for showing us that even people with Down's Syndrome can be annoying horrible people you wouldn't want to spend 1 second with unless it was to choke the life out of them! Yes even Downs Syndrome people can be assholes!
See: "The Secret Life of the American Teenager". Biggest asshole Downs Syndrome character ever.
Old 01-21-15, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

What a dull episode.

I don't get why we had to spend an episode on Becky - and they made her out to be such a c#nt. They could have toned down her character and still have the "lesson" to all of us that she is a person too.
Old 01-21-15, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Meh episode, but it reminds me how great Tapestry is. I missed out on Jagged Little Pill so I'll have to look into it.
Old 01-22-15, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
See: "The Secret Life of the American Teenager". Biggest asshole Downs Syndrome character ever.
Yup, I remember Tom. That character was disliked by the majority audience, but Brenda Hampton kept giving him air time and unrealistic storylines. The same has happend with Becky on Glee.

I have wondered if Ryan Murphy has a relative with Down syndrome because all of his shows have featured characters with it. I think Jamie Brewer who has been on American Horror Story is a better actor than the actress who plays Becky and the one who played Tom on Secret Life.
Old 01-24-15, 02:21 PM

This was certainly the weakest episode of season 6 (hypnotizing Sam...ugh), but I will say this. Sue's 3 minute rant at mr. shue was one of the funniest glee moments I have ever seen. Whoever wrote that should win an Emmy. That was comedic gold!
Old 01-24-15, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by ken_572002
This was certainly the weakest episode of season 6 (hypnotizing Sam...ugh), but I will say this. Sue's 3 minute rant at mr. shue was one of the funniest glee moments I have ever seen. Whoever wrote that should win an Emmy. That was comedic gold!
Agreed on both counts. I've been over Sue for a few seasons now, but that tirade was awesome.
Old 01-31-15, 09:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strange season but I did love the Saw satire.
Old 02-01-15, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Pizza
Strange season but I did love the Saw satire.
yes, this season is odd, even by Glee standards. But at least they are (so far) not tackling weighty subjects like the gun hostage episode, or the bulimia story arc. Those were completely out of place for Glee.
Old 02-07-15, 05:45 PM

Terrible storyline, but great songs by Burt Bacharach. Brittany's nasty speech to grandma Santana was so not her. Not sure what the writers were trying to get across with that. The show already lets us know there is nothing wrong with being gay. To demean an old woman was so wrong. There was no joy left in the show after that.
Old 02-16-15, 09:31 AM

What once started out as a promising final season, is now officially turd city. The "transition" episode could possibly be the worst one I've even seen, and that saying a lot, seeing how awful season 4 and the first half of season 5 were. I won't get into specifics about why I thought this particular show was so awful, but suffice to say, Ryan Murphy once again negated a story, in order to get up on his soap box.
Old 02-22-15, 12:44 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

This wedding episode is surprisingly normal given the fact that its ONLY about twin lesbian/gay marriages. I figured that wouldn't be freaky enough for Ryan Murphy and hed have to throw in a 3-way marriage or someone marrying an animal.

This was pretty tame and....boring. Maybe its just because the idea of 'gay marriage' has been beaten to death in the media and politics for the past five years but I found this whole episode a snooze.

Of course Sue's character continues to be a cartoon acting totally out of touch with the way she had been the first 3 seasons.

Usually Britney episodes are gold but she's been acting out of character ever since they brought her back and Jennifer Coolidge has been the one saving grace.

Speaking of which, why was Harry Hamlin doing this character arc of playing Kurt's older sugar daddy? Does he really need the money that bad? Having already performed a role in 'gay cinema history' as one of the first non-stereotypical realistic portrayals of a gay man in love in 'Making Love', this was kind of like an insulting throwback. He deserves better roles than this but did that LA Law money run out already?

Merciful heaven, only 4 more episodes to 'hate watch'...
Old 02-26-15, 11:15 AM

Interesting to see how dead this thread is, especially after an episode with not one but two marriages of central characters. I've only collected the blu-rays through to the thirds season where it has, for me, an appropriate end.
Old 02-26-15, 12:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I ffw'd through the episode - was kind of dry and the music in this episode was almost non-existent
Old 03-01-15, 12:13 PM

Another awful episode (although the music was mostly good). This show can't end soon enough.
Old 03-01-15, 03:01 PM

I liked the wedding episode. Friday's episode was awful. The bar mitzvah kid situation could be funny, if written well.
Old 03-20-15, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Series finale is airing tonight.
Old 03-21-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Pizza
Interesting to see how dead this thread is, especially after an episode with not one but two marriages of central characters. I've only collected the blu-rays through to the thirds season where it has, for me, an appropriate end.
Didn't quite make it to the end of season 3... but I did check out the finale. It was aight, but I realize I don't care for these characters any more. They ran this show into the ground.
Old 03-21-15, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

I watched the show until the middle of last season, but I checked in for the finale, -and I just couldn't connect with it at all, even the musical numbers. They took a "rose-colored glasses" "Fantasy" approach to each character's future (and clearly that was their intention) and I just couldn't get sentimental about it at all.
Old 03-21-15, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by DWilson
I watched the show until the middle of last season, but I checked in for the finale, -and I just couldn't connect with it at all, even the musical numbers. They took a "rose-colored glasses" "Fantasy" approach to each character's future (and clearly that was their intention) and I just couldn't get sentimental about it at all.
I didn't mind the approaches they took to the futures of Rachel, Blaine, Kurt, and Mercedes. But the outcomes of Will and Sue's futures were awful. The high political outcome for TV characters worked well on Parks and Rec, but on this, show, it wasn't sentimental especially with a character like Sue and her annoying sidekick Becky.

I did like how Sam ended up, but not with the overall change that happened to the school.
Old 03-21-15, 12:19 PM

The finale would have been much more effective if the last two shows were switched around. End season 6, and then take us back one last time to 2009. Let the show end, exactly where the pilot began. Plus seeing Finn one last time, would have been the emotional gut check the series has lacked since season 3.
Old 03-21-15, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by ken_572002
The finale would have been much more effective if the last two shows were switched around. End season 6, and then take us back one last time to 2009. Let the show end, exactly where the pilot began. Plus seeing Finn one last time, would have been the emotional gut check the series has lacked since season 3.
It's funny because I didn't realize they were airing two episodes on Friday. I started watching and thought this is brilliant, end with how it all began. Then the second episode came on. Still, I feel they ended the series very well. It was nice to see they got most of the cast back for the final song. I was happy with it. The commercial at the end made it sound like the final season isn't coming out on Blu-Ray, just DVD. Now that the dust has settled, I might have picked up the final season while still skipping the last two seasons.
Old 03-22-15, 11:59 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The "2009" episode was very good and showed exactly how far the show has sunk the past 3 seasons. It was a great callback to the early seasons and what made the show fun to watch. The 2nd episode was decent, but I agree they should have reversed them and ended at the beginning.

I always thought they should have ended it with the team winning nationals and graduating. All the stuff with the new generation of Glee and the original cast in New York was totally forgettable. They really did turn this show into a hate watch up until the last 3-4 episodes.
Old 03-22-15, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I watched the first three seasons, fast forwarded through a good chunk of season 4, and then quit watching entirely at the end of that season (though I did watch the Finn death episode in season 5). Decided to come back for the finale. Liked the first episode quite a bit. Found myself fast forwarding through large portions of the second. So in one two hour block it encapsulated what I felt about Glee as a whole.
Old 03-23-15, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

I was really quite underwhelmed with the finale. Mainly the second half. Glee was a show that used to hit me emotionally, and I was expecting more of that from the finale. Like someone else said, had the series ended with the 2009 episode, it would have really worked much better.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.