Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/6/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/6/15

Old 01-06-15, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

SERIES PREMIERE

PEGGY CARTER RETURNS TO ACTION ON A MISSION TO CLEAR THE NAME OF HOWARD STARK... AND SAVE THE WORLD FROM HIS DEADLIEST WEAPONS, ON THE PREMIERE OF "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

Dominic Cooper ("Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger") Guest Stars as Howard Stark

ABC presents its second action packed series from the creative minds at Marvel in "Marvel's Agent Carter," inspired by the feature films "Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier," along with the short "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter." The series premieres TUESDAY, JANUARY 6 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET).

Years before Agent Coulson and his S.H.I.E.L.D. team swore to protect those who cannot protect themselves from threats they cannot conceive, there was Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell, "Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger," "Marvel's Captain America: The Winter Soldier"), who pledged the same oath but lived in a different time when women weren't recognized as being as smart or as tough as their male counterparts.

But no one should ever underestimate Peggy.

It's 1946 and peace has dealt Peggy a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy finds herself stuck doing administrative work when she would rather be back out in the field; putting her vast skills into play and taking down the bad guys. But she is also trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life, Steve Rogers - aka Captain America.

In the premiere episode, "Pilot," when old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, "Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger") finds himself being framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons to anyone willing to pony up the cash, he contacts Peggy -- the only person he can trust -- to track down those responsible, dispose of the weapons and clear his name. He empowers his butler, Edwin Jarvis, to be at her beck and call when needed to help assist her as she investigates and tracks down those responsible for selling these weapons of mass destruction. If caught going on these secret missions for Stark, Peggy could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison - or worse.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

Guest starring are Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Martinelli, Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark, Andre Royo as Spider Raymond, James Hebert as green suit, Kyle Bornheimer as Agent Ray Krzeminiski, Ashley Hinshaw as Colleen O'Brien, Carrick O'Quinn as tall bouncer, James Frain as Leet Brannis, Tim True as tipsy guy, Johnny Marques as bartender, Jeffrey David Anderson as short bouncer, James Urbaniak as scientist, Bill Kalmenson as Senator Webster, Lesley Boone as Rose, Costa Ronin as Anton Vanko and Kevin Heffernan as Madison Avenue Guy.

"Pilot" was written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and directed by Louis D'Esposito.

Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Chris Dingess, Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Stan Lee and Jeph Loeb are executive producers. "Marvel's Agent Carter" is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

Episode 2 synopsis:

Spoiler:

WHEN HOWARD STARK'S DEADLIEST WEAPON FALLS INTO ENEMY HANDS, ONLY AGENT CARTER CAN RECOVER IT, ON "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

Dominic Cooper ("Marvel's Captain America: The First Avenger") Guest Stars as Howard Stark

In the episode, "Bridge and Tunnel," Howard Stark's deadliest weapon has fallen into enemy hands, and only Agent Carter can recover it. But can she do so before her undercover mission is discovered by SSR Chief Dooley and Agent Thompson? "Marvel's Agent Carter" airs TUESDAY, JANUARY 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET)

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

Guest starring in "Bridge and Tunnel" are Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Martinelli, James Herbert as green suit, Kyle Bornheimer as Agent Ray Krzeminiski, James Frain as Leet Brannis, Erin Torpey as Betty Carver (Radio Actor), Walker Roach as Captain America (Radio Actor), Greg Bryan as Daisy Clover Forman, Ray Wise as Hugh Jones, Meagan Fay as Miriam Fry, James Urbaniak as Miles Van Ert/White Haired Scientist, Devin Ratray as Sheldon McFee, Ralph Garman as Radio Announcer, Don Luce as Mob Boss, Jeff Locker as SSR Lab Tech, and Atticus Todd as Winston.

"Bridge and Tunnel" was written by Eric Pearson and directed by Joseph Russo.

Tara Butters, Michele Fazekas, Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely, Chris Dingess, Kevin Feige, Louis D'Esposito, Alan Fine, Joe Quesada, Stan Lee and Jeph Loeb are executive producers. "Marvel's Agent Carter" is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.

8 episode season. 2 episodes are airing tonight.

Promo:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CfGrwAFknpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-06-15, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/

Looking forward to it
Old 01-06-15, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/

I'm going to give this show a shot, even though I am not a comic book person.

I tried watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. when it started and I had no idea who the characters were and couldn't follow the plot, so hopefully this one is easier for newbies to get into. I have been hearing good things about it.
Old 01-06-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Agents of SHIELD started off bad but picked up a lot and gained its "Whedon-ness" halfway through the first season and became an excellent show.
Old 01-06-15, 12:34 PM

Received 4,557 Likes on 3,092 Posts

Does anyone know... does this take place before or after the Agent Carter One Shot?

The way it seems to me is that it take place before the one shot? Because she becomes the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. at the end of that?

Edit: Found this on Wikipedia: The series takes place in the middle of the short, before Carter learns that she will be co-head of S.H.I.E.L.D.,[25] where she assists Stark in finding who framed him for supplying deadly weapons, and destroying the weapons.
Old 01-06-15, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great buzz by critics, pretty much universally agreed it's a stellar show, ABC seems to be promoting it well... and yet I'm thinking it's going to flop. I'm not sure the comic book target audience really wants a period piece TV drama. I really hope I'm wrong though, everything I've read indicates I'm going to like it quite a bit.
Old 01-06-15, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 310 Likes on 212 Posts

I liked her character in Captain America. I'll give this a shot.
Old 01-06-15, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad Fonseca is in this.
Old 01-06-15, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Does anyone know... does this take place before or after the Agent Carter One Shot?

The way it seems to me is that it take place before the one shot? Because she becomes the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. at the end of that?

Edit: Found this on Wikipedia: The series takes place in the middle of the short, before Carter learns that she will be co-head of S.H.I.E.L.D.,[25] where she assists Stark in finding who framed him for supplying deadly weapons, and destroying the weapons.
Was curious about that too
Old 01-06-15, 01:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I'm going to give this show a shot, even though I am not a comic book person.

I tried watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. when it started and I had no idea who the characters were and couldn't follow the plot, so hopefully this one is easier for newbies to get into. I have been hearing good things about it.
I'm much more a DC fan than a Marvel fan, but I'm pretty sure all these SHIELD characters were actually created for the show, so nobody knew who they were beforehand. Some of them like Coulson have been introduced into the comics, but that only happened after they were introduced and became popular in the movies first.
Old 01-06-15, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Atwell is probably cast for eye candy, but she's a decently spunky heroine and the period detail looks like it could be lots of fun. DVR is set.
Old 01-06-15, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Finally got around to watching the Agent Carter one-shot last night, it was better than the film whose Blu-ray it was on (Iron Man 3). Looking forward to the show.
Old 01-06-15, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Apparently it is "Web Only" on Hulu Plus. So I can't stream it on my XBOX. I guess I'll have to watch on my wife's shitty laptop.
Old 01-06-15, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 310 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Apparently it is "Web Only" on Hulu Plus. So I can't stream it on my XBOX. I guess I'll have to watch on my wife's shitty laptop.
Not that you should do it for just one show, but a $30 Chromecast (as long as you have a solid Wi-fi signal) would solve this problem for you.
Old 01-06-15, 04:54 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. That sucks for me.
Old 01-06-15, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sitting at 100% on rotten tomatoes..

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf 3h3 hours ago

Kevin Feige was in the editing room on AGENT CARTER. This show will be Marvel Studios on TV, not another Marvel TV show.
Old 01-06-15, 05:22 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well that's promising in comparison to SHIELD.
Old 01-06-15, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jarvis is the man
Old 01-06-15, 08:00 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Well, I've already been more entertained by the first hour of this show than I was after watching 30+ episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. combined.
Old 01-06-15, 08:35 PM
Political Exile

Originally Posted by joe_b
Well, I've already been more entertained by the first hour of this show than I was after watching 30+ episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. combined.
Yes, and Hayley Atwell doesn't hurt.
Old 01-06-15, 08:43 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey, it's the typewriter from Fringe! Good to see that guy still getting work (I've been a fan ever since I first saw him on Sesame Street).
Old 01-06-15, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I loved every minute. Sooooo good.
Old 01-06-15, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Atwell just knocked that out. She and James D'Arcy also have a easy chemistry.

Good to see
Spoiler:
Neal McDonough
in the coming this season preview.
Old 01-06-15, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Dr. Vanko made an appearance. Good call back to IM2.
Old 01-06-15, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Dr. Vanko made an appearance. Good call back to IM2.
I caught that too! Nice moment.

Top to bottom, a great couple of episodes. I liked pretty much everything. Looks like Marvel has another winner.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.