Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/6/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/6/15

Old 01-06-15, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/

Just finished it, and absolutely loved it. Hope it can keep up the level of quality throughout the remained of the series.
Old 01-07-15, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E1/E2) -- 2 Hr Premiere -- "Pilot/Bridge & Tunnel" -- 1/

Decent start. Much better then how SHIELD started, but I don't think it's as good as SHIELD at the moment (granted it has had a season and a half to develop the characters and plot). Still, love the setting and Atwell is great, and the supporting cast seems solid without being too cheesy.
Old 01-07-15, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Wish this could be more than just 7 episodes of off-season filler.
Old 01-07-15, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Atwell just knocked that out. She and James D'Arcy also have a easy chemistry.

Good to see
Spoiler:
Neal McDonough
in the coming this season preview.
I think this would be a good opportunity to bring in Nick Fury. Better late than never since it has already been established why there are two different Nicks in the comics.
Old 01-07-15, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
Wish this could be more than just 7 episodes of off-season filler.
I'm sure it'll be back.
Old 01-07-15, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked seeing captain american, didn't know he would be in it. Carter and Jarvis were good. I liked seeing the devil but he was to tame.

The show was kind of slow but the second episode picked up a bit. The fight scenes had to many fast cuts which made them annoying to watch. The sexism was done poorly. They basically put a spotlight on it and turned to the camera and said now see how Carter handles the sexism. This is fine in some cases where she is showing off her skills but in the cases where she is undercover its fourth wall breaking.

I think they are making the same mistake they did with AOS by not making it comic book enough to start with. With only 8 episodes they can't waste 6 episodes to get to the good stuff.
Old 01-07-15, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed it pretty much. I did not understand the part with the typewriter guy, but I wasn't sure if I was supposed to understand it.
Old 01-07-15, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

The typewriter was how he was communicating with his boss, "Leviathan"

When the typewriter would type by itself, that was "Leviathan" talking back to him.
Old 01-07-15, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting to watch it with my wife tonight, but I was just able to pull it up just fine on Hulu+.
Old 01-07-15, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was one of the fastest 2 hour shows in a long time. Enjoyed all of it. But then unlike some others I didn't have a problem with how Shield started. So maybe it's me.
And to add I'm not a comic book guy so they're pretty much all new characters for me. Maybe that helps as I don't go into a show looking for quirks that were in the comics but didn't translate into the show. I don't know what happened with X for Y to react in a particular way. Or where is Z they should be revealed already.
Old 01-07-15, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Liked it a lot. Thought Atwell/Peggy was awesome. Really liked how they tied things into Captain America with the scenes mixed in.

The action scenes and special effects looked decent for TV. Too bad James Frain's character is now dead. But not surprising since he's been getting a lot of work on other shows. I liked his creepy voice box.

Loved seeing Carter kick ass. The fight scene in the apartment and on the roof of the car were great. Sad that her roommate bit it as an innocent victim.

I saw on IMDB that Lyndsy Fonseca's waitress character is in 7 episodes. Curious to see what they do with her. Not expecting her to be like Alex on Nikita, but she's a nice addition here.
Old 01-07-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Atwell is hot but I thought she was a little bit wooden.
Old 01-07-15, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni

When the typewriter would type by itself, that was "Leviathan" talking back to him.
Thanks.

It was bugging where I knew the actor who played Mr. Jarvis, then I figured out he was in that short-lived series with Chloe Sevigny, Those Who Kill. He is really good.
Old 01-07-15, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
I saw on IMDB that Lyndsy Fonseca's waitress character is in 7 episodes. Curious to see what they do with her. Not expecting her to be like Alex on Nikita, but she's a nice addition here.
I like Fonseca as she's easy on the eyes, but I thought she was one of the poorer parts of the episode. Something about the way she calls Peggy "English" just didn't come off natural, like she can't quite pull off that kind of waitress banter. Still, curious if they do something interesting with that character more then just being a friend.
Old 01-07-15, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,011 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Apparently it is "Web Only" on Hulu Plus. So I can't stream it on my XBOX. I guess I'll have to watch on my wife's shitty laptop.
This was incorrect, the show is available through Hulu Plus on every platform. It showed as "We don't have the rights to stream this to TV/Mobile" before the episodes were put up. Since the episodes were put up, the text has been removed. There is an 8 day delay on the episodes.
Old 01-07-15, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam
Only thing 'wooden', was in my pants when she was in that dress with those melons staring at me ... they were staring at me, right?
Old 01-07-15, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

To bad they didn't have some kind of device that could transmit voices over long distances.
Old 01-07-15, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam
I felt that way too.

Anyway the show was okay. Didn't knock it out of the park for me.
Old 01-07-15, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
This was incorrect, the show is available through Hulu Plus on every platform. It showed as "We don't have the rights to stream this to TV/Mobile" before the episodes were put up. Since the episodes were put up, the text has been removed. There is an 8 day delay on the episodes.
Yeah I was going to check again tonight to see if anything changed. Thanks for clearing that up.

But still, fuck their 8 day delay.
Old 01-07-15, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This bit reminded me of fringe...

Liked it, will tune in again, really liked the lead..
Old 01-07-15, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah I was going to check again tonight to see if anything changed. Thanks for clearing that up.

There is no 8 day delay. I checked Hulu Plus and both episodes are up.
Old 01-07-15, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI, for those who missed it. Both episodes re-air this Saturday at 8pm.
Old 01-07-15, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Also available on the Watch ABC app.
Old 01-07-15, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://variety.com/2015/data/ratings...bc-1201394693/

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” opened to decent but unexceptional ratings for ABC on Tuesday night, placing second to the strong “NCIS” shows on CBS and outperforming most of this season’s “Agents of SHIELD” numbers, but losing steam in its second half.

Nearly 16 months after Marvel’s “Agents of SHIELD” opened to blockbuster ratings (4.7 rating in 18-49, 12.1 million viewers overall), the limited series “Agent Carter” did a 1.9 rating/6 share in adults 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers overall — a rating that tops all but the premiere episode of “Agents of SHIELD” this season. Nobody expected the newcomer to match those “SHIELD” numbers, but a 1.9 for a heavily hyped premiere is rather middling.

“Agent Carter” lost some young-adult viewers as it progressed, starting with a 2.0 rating for the first two half-hours (strong for ABC in the time period) before slipping to a 1.9 at 9 p.m. and a 1.7 by 9:30. The rating for the final half-hour is the same delivered by the fall finale of “Agents of SHIELD.”
Probably what was expected, I imagine most people that already watch SHIELD tuned in, as well as maybe others interested in watching a female lead.
Old 01-07-15, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Enjoyed it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.