Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-18, 08:11 PM
mk1

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

A bunch of Lifetime's Christmas movies are currently. .99 cents on iTunes. Hoping to see Hallmark titles on sale soon!
Old 11-13-18, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

I took a chance and bought "Its Christmas, Eve" at Walmart. The movie premiered last Saturday and its already out on dvd. It included a $4 VUDU credit.
Old 11-14-18, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mk1
A bunch of Lifetime's Christmas movies are currently. .99 cents on iTunes. Hoping to see Hallmark titles on sale soon!
$0.99 on Amazon, as well.

My personal favorite is "A Gift Wrapped Christmas". I like Meredith Hagner's quirkiness and energy in the film.
Old 11-14-18, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

I decided to fold this news into the Hallmark thread...Lifetime is going all in on the Christmas films and airing at least 14 originals. I have already set my TiVo to record the first wave. It looks like they are airing many films in pairs. You can hit EW’s site for a full list. I am obviously doing the dance at this news.

Lifetime has a preview special this weekend.
Old 11-14-18, 11:13 PM
mk1

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
I decided to fold this news into the Hallmark thread...Lifetime is going all in on the Christmas films and airing at least 14 originals. I have already set my TiVo to record the first wave. It looks like they are airing many films in pairs. You can hit EW’s site for a full list. I am obviously doing the dance at this news.

Lifetime has a preview special this weekend.
A lot of Hallmark actors are also in Lifetime movies. Good call!
Old 11-15-18, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by mk1
This is also true on Amazon. Snowed Inn Christmas is recommended.
Old 11-15-18, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Nice--Snowed Inn Christmas was on my wishlist. Got that, A Very Merry Toy Store, Gift-Wrapped Christmas, and The Christmas Gift.

And totally fine to include Lifetime movies in this thread. I'm pretty sure we did the same last year.
Old 11-21-18, 10:29 PM
mk1

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I took a chance and bought "Its Christmas, Eve" at Walmart. The movie premiered last Saturday and its already out on dvd. It included a $4 VUDU credit.

Have you had a chance to watch it? I haven't seen it yet. E
Old 11-22-18, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

It's okay, I didn't watch the whole thing yet as I'm still on Thanksgiving stuff.
Old 11-27-18, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just watched Snowed Inn Christmas and liked it.

I haven't watched any of the new Hallmarks, though.
Old 11-28-18, 07:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Watched a few so far, my snapshat reviews..

Road to Christmas - Decent, this one has Chad Michael Murray, enjoyed his work on the cancelled Sun Records as Sam Phillips. Plot holes galore, but overall decent fun. Jessy Schram was very like-able and recognizable, she's been in Falling Skies, Madmen and Nashville, just to name a few now I know why she seemed so familiar. Story was very weak, but this one was carried by the casting for sure. My family also does something similar to the White Elephant at Christmas so enjoyed that and the quirky little trip graphics in between scenes. 6.5/10

Christmas Joy - Didn't think this one was that great. Leads were nice enough, but they were missing a little sizzle and I really didn't understand the plot that much. Cookie Crawl? 5/10

Christmas at the Palace - My Daughter was hoping there would be some actual skating scenes, but alas, not much, still a pretty like-able cast and pretty solid overall, but the lead King was kind of the weak link. I enjoyed Merritt Patterson, she had a nice presence in this. Overall this seemed like a movie I've seen before, but still worth a watch. 6/10

Holiday Calendar on Netflix, has a nice like-able cast and William from This is Us! enjoyed it overall, but the plot had some swiss cheese holes. Netflix does have a little bit better budget for production values. 6.5/10

Qued up next will be Shoe Addicts Christmas with CBB, recorded that to watch this weekend... and I think Netflix added another one A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding, I am sure I will be checking it out soon...
Old 11-28-18, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lifetime's new Christmas movies have been giving Hallmark a run for their money. In fact, Lifetime is ahead at this stage in my ledger.
Old 11-29-18, 05:48 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts

Christmas On Honeysuckle Lane was pretty good. I like Colin Ferguson. I haven't been too impressed by Alicia Witt's recent Christmas movies. But this was one of her better ones.

http://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysterie...neysuckle-lane
Old 11-29-18, 06:03 PM

Christmas At Graceland was a mixed bag. I always love seeing Graceland decked out for the holidays.

Kellie Pickler is charming. But her acting is awful. Her Southern twang is so heavy it sounds fake. And her singing is ridiculously over the top like she was performing on American Idol again.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas-at-graceland
Old 11-30-18, 07:40 AM

Looks like there's an upcoming sale at Vudu on the Lifetime Channel Christmas Movies. It should be updated on Tuesday.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/uipage/-/72/-/5
Old 11-30-18, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Christmas At Graceland was a mixed bag. I always love seeing Graceland decked out for the holidays.

Kellie Pickler is charming. But her acting is awful. Her Southern twang is so heavy it sounds fake. And her singing is ridiculously over the top like she was performing on American Idol again.

I was afraid of that, I recorded it, but with so many movies, not sure if I will watch.. I love all things Graceland tho, so I am sure I'll tune in at some point...
Old 11-30-18, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would second the notion that the Lifetime movies have been better than the Hallmark thus far. Although, it may be skewed since there are just so many that I am far behind on watching them.

If I really like the actress seems to be a big factor in my view on a lot of these movies.

A few that I've enjoyed:
The Christmas Chronicles (Netflix)
The Christmas Contract (Lifetime)
Poinsettias For Christmas (Lifetime)
Pride, Prejudice, and Mistletoe (Hallmark)
Old 11-30-18, 12:42 PM

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Lifetime's new Christmas movies have been giving Hallmark a run for their money. In fact, Lifetime is ahead at this stage in my ledger.
Several Lifetime films are indeed a notch above the Hallmark films but I also noticed some cross pollination going on by seeing ads for Lifetime films on the Hallmark channel, what’s up with that? I almost feel like both channels are two sides of the same coin.

Regardless, more Holiday films to watch so I am thrilled. Still to come are some Freeform originals and I believe another original or two from UP.
Old 11-30-18, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's on the DVR and I'm not sure if I will ever get to it. Something just seemed off in the previews for it.

ION has been ramping up their Christmas movies on the weekend. I caught an older one with Dean Cain as a sheriff falling in love with a defense attorney defending someone that thinks they're Santa. Decent, if a little underdone on the Christmas theme.
Old 12-02-18, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Christmas at the Palace was a sweet movie though we've seen the story before of mythical European royalty finding love with an American. Call me a sucker for opulent Christmas decorations.
Old 12-04-18, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hallmark's new Mingle All The Way is easily the best movie I've seen this Christmas season. It's one of those seasonal movies where the romance and Christmas themes are perfectly interwoven. The romantic leads also make a nice pair. It doesn't hurt that Lindsay Wagner makes an appearance.
Old 12-04-18, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Looks like there's an upcoming sale at Vudu on the Lifetime Channel Christmas Movies. It should be updated on Tuesday.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/uipage/-/72/-/5
This is live, and the older movies (including 2017 releases) are 99 cents, but I have most of them from Amazon sales. This year's movies are $4.99, and it's nice that they're already available for purchase, unlike Hallmark.

Hoping Vudu's Hallmark sale fires up next week or so.
Old 12-04-18, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

A Veteran's Christmas was OK. The male lead was a little smarmy for me.
Old 12-05-18, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Hallmark's new Mingle All The Way is easily the best movie I've seen this Christmas season. It's one of those seasonal movies where the romance and Christmas themes are perfectly interwoven. The romantic leads also make a nice pair. It doesn't hurt that Lindsay Wagner makes an appearance.
Qued up for the weekend with my daughters, in the middle of shoe addict with CBB, and it is so so, but both leads are fun...
Old 12-07-18, 04:43 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.