Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Old 11-09-15, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 980 Likes on 608 Posts
Re: Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Alicia Witt's Christmas movies have been pretty good.

A Very Merry Mix-Up - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3131456/
A Snow Globe Christmas - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3118746/
Christmas at Cartwright's - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4177742/
I'm watching A Very Merry Mix-up right now. It borrows a lot from the Sandra Bullock movie While Your Were Sleeping. Very predictable, but worth the watch for Alicia.

I caught part of Christmas at Cartwright's last year and liked what I saw--I've already DVR'd it to watch this year.

She's got a new one airing next weekend--I'm Not Ready for Christmas premieres Saturday night.
Old 11-09-15, 08:27 AM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts

Sunday night's new movie is Charming Christmas starring Julie Benz and David Sutcliffe. It airs at 8pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/charming-christmas
Charming Christmas was pretty good. It was my first Christmas movie of the season. I was going to save it for the Holiday Challenge. But I couldn't wait. I loved seeing all the decorations.
Old 11-09-15, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

I watched Naughty or Nice this weekend with Hilarie Burton. This one came out a couple of years ago, so it wasn't new. A fairly cute Christmas movie, her parents saddled her with the name of Krissy Kringle and she doesn't enjoy the Holidays. She receives Santa's magical naughty or nice book by mistake, using it against people that have wronged her. The limp romance sub-plot could have been better with her distant boyfriend (the guy from Kyle XY) but those story-lines are often weak in these Christmas movies.

Burton has been in a couple of these Christmas movies.
Old 11-09-15, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Watching 'Tis the season for Love today.

Love Sarah Lancaster, but her love interest in this movie is terribly miscast. He's acting more like the gay best friend than a potential suitor for her. I know Brendan Penny from the Canadian show Motive and he IMO wasn't the right actor for this. I would have rather seen someone like Dean Cain play the love interest.

The story itself is pretty generic and by the numbers.
Old 11-09-15, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

Ice Sculpture Christmas (Hallmark) - stars Hallmark favorite Rachel Boston.
Old 11-10-15, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DJariya

Love Sarah Lancaster, but her love interest in this movie is terribly miscast. He's acting more like the gay best friend than a potential suitor for her. I know Brendan Penny from the Canadian show Motive and he IMO wasn't the right actor for this. I would have rather seen someone like Dean Cain play the love interest.

While I don't remember that movie, that is a common problem in many of these Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movies. A lot of the supposed male romantic leads in them come across as gay. Some of it is casting and some of it is the very nature of these stories.
Old 11-10-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
While I don't remember that movie, that is a common problem in many of these Hallmark/Lifetime Christmas movies. A lot of the supposed male romantic leads in them come across as gay. Some of it is casting and some of it is the very nature of these stories.
The movie just premiered less than 2 weeks ago. Probably why you don't remember it.
Old 11-11-15, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by lieonaides
no.
yes!!!
Old 11-11-15, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I watched Naughty or Nice this weekend with Hilarie Burton. This one came out a couple of years ago, so it wasn't new. A fairly cute Christmas movie, her parents saddled her with the name of Krissy Kringle and she doesn't enjoy the Holidays. She receives Santa's magical naughty or nice book by mistake, using it against people that have wronged her. The limp romance sub-plot could have been better with her distant boyfriend (the guy from Kyle XY) but those story-lines are often weak in these Christmas movies.

Burton has been in a couple of these Christmas movies.
Ooh, I like Burton--I'll have to look for those.
Old 11-11-15, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lacey Chabert has to have been in more of these Christmas movies than I can count. Someone at Hallmark must have been a huge Party of Five fan.
Old 11-13-15, 11:00 PM

Saturday night's new movie is I'm Not Ready For Christmas starring Alicia Witt. It premieres at 8pm. If you miss it, there's replays on Sunday at 2pm and Friday at 8pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/im-no...for-christmas/

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IFJcmJ1fD0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holly’s world is turned upside down when she suddenly finds that she can no longer lie - thanks to her niece Anna’s wish to Santa Claus. As Holly's career and love life go into disarray when her lies catch up with her, she must learn to judge between the truth and what is right. Stars Alicia Witt, George Stults and Dan Lauria.
Hallmark's doing an Alicia Witt mini-marathon on Saturday:

4:00 PM - Christmas at Cartwright's
6:00 PM - A Very Merry Mix-Up
8:00 PM - I'm Not Ready for Christmas
Old 11-14-15, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

She's good in these kind of movies but she's starting to get up there in age for a female lead role in them. I noticed in a replay of Christmas at Cartwright that she's had less work done than most actresses her age.
Old 11-14-15, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^I think that's great--and she's still really hot. She was on Justified a couple of years ago and was in an episode or two of The Librarians last year, and I thought she looked great in both. My DVR is set for tonight!
Old 11-14-15, 01:17 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 670 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99
Ice Sculpture Christmas (Hallmark) - stars Hallmark favorite Rachel Boston.
Made the mistake of turning this channel on this morning. Three movies later, including the above, I'm forcing myself to turn it off. Great smaltzy stuff, I love Christmas films.
Old 11-14-15, 10:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Charming Christmas was pretty good. It was my first Christmas movie of the season. I was going to save it for the Holiday Challenge. But I couldn't wait. I loved seeing all the decorations.
I liked this too - I thought the casting of the lead 'Nick' was perfect.

the town looked liked the one used in the 'Good Witch' movies.
Old 11-15-15, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

I'm Not Ready For Christmas - It was okay, I actually liked last weekends Ice Sculpture Christmas better.
Old 11-15-15, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this isn't the deals section, but it seems the main place to talk about Hallmark Christmas movies. So hopefully it will help someone.

I saw a small display at Sam's Club, it was somewhat picked over, but seemed to have all Hallmark single movies, or 4 packs, everything for $9.99. The X-Mas ones I recall for certain were:

Hallmark Holiday Collection Movie 4 Pack (Trading Christmas, Lucky Christmas, Case For Christmas, National Tree)
Hallmark Holiday Collection 4 Pack - Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade / Christmas Song / Baby's First Christmas / A Bride for Christmas
Old 11-15-15, 07:41 PM

Tonight's new movie is Christmas Incorporated starring Shenae Grimes-Beech and Steve Lund. If you missed it, there's a replay Thursday at 8pm and next Sunday at Noon.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas-incorporated

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IGmRLol97zA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sometimes, life just seems to hand you exactly what you need – particularly at Christmastime. In this new yuletide tale, Riley is scraping bottom when she miraculously lands a job with a wealthy New York City entrepreneur. He’s a bad-boy socialite type who is poised to play Scrooge by closing one of his factories just before Christmas, which would devastate and entire town. It’s left to Riley to talk him out of it and turn him into a man of virtue rather than shame. But will a case of mistaken identity ruin the whole plan?
Old 11-16-15, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I have to completely disagree with you about 'Tis the Season for Love. I am not a die-hard Sarah Lancaster (brunette from Chuck) fan but it was a very cute, charming Christmas romance. The story was fairly simple and sweet, flowing very smoothly from beginning to end.

I actually think Sarah could have been made less beautiful in it for the story's needs. It's hard buying her as a failed actress with no luck in love.
Old 11-18-15, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

Tis the season for love and Ice Sculpture christmas are now on dvd at walmart. I think there more of these getting released on dvd right away as Walmart Exclusives. I picked up the Ice Sculpture Christmas dvd.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 11-19-15 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-19-15, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

I also really liked Charming Christmas. Good chemistry with Benz and Sutcliffe and it really felt like a holiday movie. Plus, I appreciated that they didn't go the cliched route and make Benz's character the uptight, money-obsessed workaholic most of the movie. Really charming movie overall. Julie Benz looked really good in it too.

Yesterday Hallmark also re-aired an older Christmas movie from 2000 called "A Diva's Christmas Carol" with Vanessa Williams. Never saw it when it originally aired on VH1. Enjoyed the different take on the old story, but sucked that it was in 4:3, SD because it was shot pre-HD.
Old 11-19-15, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Tis the season for love and Ice Sculpture christmas are now on dvd at walmart. I think there more of these getting released on dvd right away as Walmart Exclusives.
These come with a Vudu HDX digital copy. So even though it's an SD disc, you can stream the HD version.

I hope they'll release more.
Old 11-19-15, 08:53 PM

Yesterday Hallmark also re-aired an older Christmas movie from 2000 called "A Diva's Christmas Carol" with Vanessa Williams. Never saw it when it originally aired on VH1. Enjoyed the different take on the old story, but sucked that it was in 4:3, SD because it was shot pre-HD.
I caught this one too. Sat down for a short break, and ended up watching the whole thing. I'm a sucker for Christmas Carol movies.

I didn't realize it was a old VH1 movie. But that would explain the Ghost of Christmas Future. I thought that was a neat twist.
Old 11-21-15, 06:27 AM

Saturday night's new movie is Northpole: Open For Christmas starring Lori Loughlin, Dermot Mulroney and Bailee Madison. It premieres at 8pm. If you miss it, there's replays on Sunday at 2pm and Thursday at 10pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/north...-for-christmas

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yGyuC0fsaO4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When Mackenzie Reed inherits her beloved aunt’s once-majestic hotel, she decides the sensible thing to do is sell it before Christmas. But fixing up the rundown place while managing the hotel staff (including the handyman and his kids) and dealing with demanding guests is more challenging than she had anticipated. That’s when the magic of Christmas intervenes. Mackenzie gets some unexpected help as Clementine and a group of Elves arrive on a special mission from Santa to repair the hotel and at the same time help her to rediscover some hidden talents along with the true meaning of Christmas.
Last year's Northpole movie will replay on Sunday at 8am. I'm surprised they're not showing it before the new movie. It was a pretty decent flick with a nice Christmas theme. But I wish they had spent more time at the Northpole town. That was the most interesting part of the movie.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/northpole
Trailer - https://youtu.be/cSrxm5cIqag
Old 11-21-15, 10:45 PM

Sunday night's movie premiere is Merry Matrimony starring Jessica Lowndes and Christopher Russell. It'll replay Wednesday at 6pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/merry-matrimony

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M-qCUK5DuT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brie, an advertising executive, lands her dream assignment organizing the perfect Christmas wedding for a fashion magazine. If she succeeds, she will make partner at her firm. The only catch is that she unknowingly has been paired up with a certain high powered fashion photographer who just happens to be her estranged ex-boyfriend.
I don't know either of those actors. This sounds like one of those generic romance movies that just happens to take place in December.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.