Reload this Page >

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Old 12-13-15, 10:26 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Re: Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

ION is showing a lot of crappy Christmas movies as well.
Old 12-13-15, 10:35 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Saturday night's new movie is Just in Time for Christmas starring Eloise Mumford, Michael Stahl-David, William Shatner and Christopher Lloyd. It'll replay on Sunday at 2pm, Tuesday at 6pm and Thursday at 8pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/just-...-for-christmas

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6tyKF9C2Hy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm looking forward to this. It's going to be part of the Hallmark Hall Of Fame collection. So it should be better than their average Christmas movies.
Shatner and Lloyd ? I enjoyed this... but I kind of wasn't diggin' the actor that played the male lead 'Jason Stewart'
Old 12-14-15, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

This was a nice paycheck for shatner who was on screen for less than 5 mins, decent movie tho
Old 12-14-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by mphtrilogy
This was a nice paycheck for shatner who was on screen for less than 5 mins, decent movie tho
Shatner loves collecting a paycheck for cameo or small appearances. He did one for A Christmas Horror Story.

http://www.doblu.com/2015/11/26/a-ch...lu-ray-review/

I don't think this one will be on Hallmark anytime soon.
Old 12-14-15, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Shatner loves collecting a paycheck for cameo or small appearances. He did one for A Christmas Horror Story.

http://www.doblu.com/2015/11/26/a-ch...lu-ray-review/

I don't think this one will be on Hallmark anytime soon.
getting my copy from Netflix tomorrow!

~~

watched 'Crown for Christmas' tonight - it was cute.
Old 12-15-15, 06:12 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Vudu has some Hallmark Christmas movies on sale for $4.99 each (HDX):

A Christmas Detour
Crown for Christmas
Ice Sculpture Christmas
'Tis the Season for Love
Cookie Cutter Christmas
Signed, Sealed, Delivered for Christmas
Nine Lives of Christmas
A Royal Christmas
Best Christmas Party Ever
A Very Merry Mix-Up
The Christmas Ornament
Christmas at Cartwright's
The Night Before the Night Before Christmas
Paper Angels
Christmas Trade
The Christmas Candle
Christmas Tail

There's also a 4-Movie Bundle for $9.99 (HDX):

A Very Merry Mix-Up
The Christmas Ornament
Hitched for the Holidays
Come Dance with Me

http://www.vudu.com/movies/#uiList/27/2
Old 12-15-15, 06:51 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

^ Thanks Dave. Had some credit to burn, so bought that bundle.
Old 12-15-15, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The bundle is a good deal. VUDU codes are floating around for many of those movies, you might be able to get them cheaper at a digital code marketplace.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered for Christmas is a very good Christmas movie. It was so good they turned it into a series. Personal favorites from that list include A Royal Christmas and A Very Merry Mix-Up.
Old 12-15-15, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I bailed on Angel of Christmas halfway through it. Just found it generic and tedious to watch. I like Jennifer Finnigan, but I found this to be just another formulaic romantic comedy-drama with a Christmas theme as a backdrop. The male lead was just another generic white Canadian actor.

I did watch On the Twelfth Day of Christmas over the weekend, which starred Brooke Nevin from Breakout Kings and Robin Dunne.

That one I actually liked. It was much more of a Christmas story with the secret Santa theme and a young man who has become disenchanted with the Holiday after the death of his Mother.

Brooke Nevin was really charming in that one.

Honestly I'm getting a little burnt out watching all these Christmas movies. I think I'm going to try to finish the ones I already recorded and not record anymore.
Old 12-15-15, 09:18 PM

Here's a free $2 Vudu Credit:

$2 VUDU Credit Free (via Text)

Text PARANORMAL to MYVUDU (698838) and receive $2 in VUDU credit. Limit 1 credit per account, redeem by 12/23/15.
Old 12-18-15, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I bailed on Angel of Christmas halfway through it. Just found it generic and tedious to watch. I like Jennifer Finnigan, but I found this to be just another formulaic romantic comedy-drama with a Christmas theme as a backdrop. The male lead was just another generic white Canadian actor.

I did watch On the Twelfth Day of Christmas over the weekend, which starred Brooke Nevin from Breakout Kings and Robin Dunne.

That one I actually liked. It was much more of a Christmas story with the secret Santa theme and a young man who has become disenchanted with the Holiday after the death of his Mother.

Brooke Nevin was really charming in that one.

Honestly I'm getting a little burnt out watching all these Christmas movies. I think I'm going to try to finish the ones I already recorded and not record anymore.
I watched 'A Christmas Detour' last night - and oh god was that a chore... Candace Cameron Bure (and the lead actor) were so bland, and the story - ugh...

just finished watching '12 Gifts of Christmas' which I really liked - I thought the lead actors: Katrina Law and Aaron O'Connell were utterly charming and had a great chemistry.
Old 12-18-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giles
just finished watching '12 Gifts of Christmas' which I really liked - I thought the lead actors: Katrina Law and Aaron O'Connell were utterly charming and had a great chemistry.
Yep, they matched up very well together.
Old 12-19-15, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 999 Likes on 619 Posts

Just watched Christmas on the Bayou, with Hilarie Burton, Markie Post, and Ed Asner. Burton plays a single mom in New York who travels home to Louisiana for Christmas. It pretty much follows the formula from there.

I liked it. I love Hilarie Burton, and Markie Post was good as her mom. Ed Asner as "Nick" was used just the right amount (ie, not too much) and I was surprised to see Randy Travis as a local shopkeeper. The romantic interest was decent--not as bland as many of them are in these movies. The kid was okay--probably looked and acted more like a 'real' kid than most kid actors.

On my 'cheesy holiday TV movie' scale, I'd give it 3/5.
Old 12-19-15, 03:28 PM

Tonight's new movie is A Christmas Melody starring Mariah Carey, Lacey Chabert, Kathy Najimy and Brennan Elliott. It premieres at 8pm. It'll replay on Sunday at 2pm and Monday at 6pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/a-christmas-melody

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ArsKV7oZgFo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“A Christmas Melody” revolves around Kristin, a beautiful, stylish divorcee who is a talented clothing designer and her young daughter. Kristin has just had to close her small Manhattan boutique to return to her Ohio home town and live in her parents’ former home. It’s an adjustment for Kristin and Emily – especially when she runs into her former high school rival Melissa. Melissa is president of the PTA and tries to make Kristen feel as unwelcome as possible. Kristen and Emily struggle to find their new normal with the help of the music teacher Danny and Kristin’s Aunt Sarah, the local coffee shop owner. With a little holiday magic and music, Kristin and Emily find that home is where the heart is.
And following that is Mariah Carey’s Merriest Christmas at 10pm.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/maria...stmas-special/

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XEtF06xu2dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hallmark Channel proudly presents “Mariah Carey’s Merriest Christmas,” a one-hour musical special featuring outstanding performances of holiday songs by the incomparable pop diva herself - Mariah Carey - including a duet with 11-time Grammy Award winner Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds. Emmy Award winner Kelsey Grammer gives an unforgettable reading of “The Night Before Christmas.” Billy Gardell (“Mike & Molly”) appears as Santa Claus. Additionally, cast members from “A Christmas Melody” - Lacey Chabert, Brennan Elliott and Fina Strazza – join the festivities sharing holiday memories and experiences from working with Mariah on-set during production of the movie.
Old 12-19-15, 03:39 PM

Amazon Video has some of the past Lifetime Channel movies for $0.99 (HD).

Christmas on the Bayou
Holly's Holiday
Kristin's Christmas Past
The March Sisters at Christmas
Finding Mrs. Claus
Holiday Spin
The Christmas Consultant
A Country Christmas Story
Twelve Trees Of Christmas
Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever
Old 12-19-15, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

One Starry Christmas - starring Sarah Carter as an astronomer who ditches her lawyer boyfriend for a rodeo cowboy from Texas.

It was just okay. Worth it for Sarah Carter, who was the only reason I kept watching Falling Skies. Goddamn she's beautiful! Kind of hard to buy her as an astronomer, though. The cowboy cliches get a bit cringey, but I thought the song about Wild Bill and Camellia was nice.
Old 12-20-15, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I remember liking that one with Sarah Carter when I saw it last year, though it may have been more for her presence than the movie itself.

They have been advertising that Mariah Carey movie non-stop for seemingly forever.
Old 12-20-15, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Caught a merry mix up.... Not bad, from a couple of years ago, the two leads were pleasant
Old 12-21-15, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Watched Debbie Macomber's Dashing Through the Snow. I have no idea who Debbie Macomber is but I watched mostly for Meghan Ory as the female lead. She was great in the role but the movie itself is only so-so. The first hour is a cute relationship drama of two strangers put together over extenuating circumstances. The last hour is marred by a FBI sub-plot intended to be funny but badly goes off the rails.

Watchable if you like Meghan Ory (Red from Once Upon A Time) but probably not worth your time for others.
Old 12-21-15, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This is an absolutely fantastic Christmas movie. Magic Stocking is the best new one I've seen this holiday season. Continuum fans should look for a familiar face. Magic Stocking has an adorable puppy, the right amount of Christmas magic and a very tender story that wraps up very nicely in the end. The only poor thing about it is its generic name.

It also reminds me that in a fair world Bridget Regan would be a big movie star. She was born about fifty years too late.
I just watched this and liked it a lot. Fun to see 'Carlos' in a lighter role and I totally agree about Bridget Regan.
Old 12-22-15, 09:09 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 676 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Amazon Video has some of the past Lifetime Channel movies for $0.99 (HD).

Christmas on the Bayou
Holly's Holiday
Kristin's Christmas Past
The March Sisters at Christmas
Finding Mrs. Claus
Holiday Spin
The Christmas Consultant
A Country Christmas Story
Twelve Trees Of Christmas
Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever
Thanks! Some of them are up to $1.99 for HD, but I used up most of my no rush credit just now.
Old 12-23-15, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk God

I watched 12 Gifts of Christmas the other day and that was actually really good. Probably the best of all the Hallmark Christmas movies I've watched.

Katrina Law and Aaron O'Connell had great chemistry. They felt like a very believable couple. Just a sweet movie that made me smile. It had a great message about family and giving.
Old 12-26-15, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Watched Naughty or Nice last night.

It was a 2012 Hallmark movie with Hilarie Burton. She plays someone named "Krissy Kringle" who accidentally receives Santa Claus' Naughty or Nice book and uses it to her advantage.

Found it cute. It was funny seeing Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross from Family Ties playing her parents.

Noticed that Hallmark channel is still repeating Christmas movies at least for the next few days.
Old 12-26-15, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

One of the last ones I will probably see this year was Christmas Land. I never noticed him before Killjoys but this actor pops up in it and several other Lifetime/Hallmark movies. Christmas Land is watchable though not particularly memorable. Less of a romance than usual, this was all about a career-oriented business woman inheriting a rural Christmas theme park. The cast works better than the very predictable story.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 12-26-15 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-26-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It was funny seeing Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross from Family Ties playing her parents.
They were together again as Santa & Mrs. Claus in another one this year, "Becoming Santa"

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.