Reload this Page >

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Old 06-04-21, 06:05 PM

Received 503 Likes on 364 Posts
Re: Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas

Originally Posted by davidh777
I saw Marc Blucas in a non-Hallmark movie the other day, and it was so weird to see him out of context that I recognized him but couldn’t think of his name. If it had been a Hallmark movie about honoring service members, I would’ve known who he was immediately.
Every time I see him I think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He played a soldier on that show too.
The following users liked this post:
TGM (06-08-21)
Old 06-08-21, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Every time I see him I think of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He played a soldier on that show too.
Yep, you’re totally right. I guess it’s been long enough since I watched Buffy that his Hallmark stuff has overwritten it in my brain.
Old 06-10-21, 09:37 PM
mk1

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There are a couple of Hallmark films on sale on Amazon prime for Early Prime Day Deals. There are a bunch of titles for $4.99 and a few for a $1.99.

The sale prices appear if you are Prime Member. These three are $1.99 at least as of today!

My Boyfriend's Dogs

Lead With Your Heart Lead With Your Heart

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I bought a couple of $4.99 titles too. There are more..but here is a good list. I believe these Early Prime Day sale titles change every few days! That's what happened last year...And I missed out so keep checking.

Over the Moon in Love
The Lost Valentine
Once Upon a Prince
Nine Lives of Christmas
The Christmas Secret
The Christmas Ornament
Christmas Ornament
Godwink Christmas Meant for Love
A few of the Gourmet Detective movies
Once Upon a Holiday
Operation Christmas
One Winter Weekend/One Winter Proposal
Christmas Cure
Christmas Note
Dog Named Christmas
Lucky in Love
davidh777 (06-15-21)
Old 06-11-21, 09:10 AM
mk1

Early Prime Day prices for sale movies seems to be changing daily.
Old 06-15-21, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Vudu has a bunch of titles appearing in random sales, specifically the weekly $4.99 sale and the $5.99 cinema sale. There are even a few that aren’t the usual repeaters.
mk1 (06-20-21)
Old 07-05-21, 04:59 PM

Christmas In July starts this Friday (July 9th) and runs through the entire month.

There's a new movie premiere on Saturday, July 10th at 9pm. Crashing Through The Snow with Amy Acker, Warren Christie and Brooke Nevin.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas-in-july
PhantomStranger (07-05-21)
Old 07-05-21, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Amy Acker and Brooke Nevin in the same movie! Let me kiss the casting director for those choices.
Old 07-05-21, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I’m always in for an Amy Acker movie. The Nutcracker one was among my favorites over the last few years.
Old 07-06-21, 12:35 PM

Vudu's Christmas in July Sale has some Hallmark movies for $4.99. And the bundles have good prices.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...l-Titles/10947

Christmas Under Wraps / A Wish For Christmas (Bundle) - $4.99
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/826366

Christmas Cookies / Every Christmas Has a Story (Bundle) - $4.99
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/826369

Hallmark Holiday 3-Movie Collection (Bundle) - $6.99
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...undle-/1286129

Hallmark Holiday Collection Four Pack Volume 6 (Bundle) - $7.99
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/724126

Hallmark Countdown To Christmas 10-Movie Collection (Bundle) - $14.99
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...undle-/1694486

Hallmark Countdown To Christmas 10-Movie Collection 2 (Bundle) - $14.99
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...undle-/1694489
Old 07-09-21, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I’m not sure how much I paid for that four-pack a few years ago, but I’m guessing it was more than $7.99.

I looked at one of those cheap two-packs and noticed Every Christmas Has a Story has Lori Loghlin in it. Hard to ever look at her the same way again.
Old 07-09-21, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

I just can't watch Christmas movies in the summer. When that Acker/Nevin movie re-airs around the holidays, I'll catch it then.
Old 07-12-21, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

The Christmas film was a fun watch, and it is always a pleasure to watch any Hallmark/Lifetime Holiday themed film that stars Amy Acker and/or Brooke Nevin. This Christmas film in July was also a good excuse for Hallmark to remind us that a whole ton of new films will be coming our way starting in October. When I saw them say look for new films starting in October I immediately thought of the Good Witch films/tv series which is usually a centerpiece film in Oct. that really kicks off the Hallmark Holiday films celebration for me but the surprise announcement that Good Witch would be ending with the next episode caught me (heck, a lot of us) by surprise. Fortunately, non Good Witch films that air in October as part of the Fall Harvest films have become some of my favorites, such as Pumpkin Pie Wars, so I am sure there will be a good film to fill the big void left on the schedule by not having a Good Witch Halloween film teed up.

Also. Amy Acker had a few scenes where she got to engage in some comedic pratfalls in Crashing Through The Snow (especially early on in the movie) and it worked to provide a chuckle or two.
Old 07-26-21, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I liked the new movie, though Amy Acker is so adorable I’d watch her in pretty much anything. The plot was pretty boilerplate, but I thought the dynamics around the broken family were well-handled. Brooke Nevin was so appealing in what could’ve been written as the “villain” role that I figured she was a shoo-in to star in her own movie until I checked her credits and discovered that she’s already done that several times. She hasn’t done them regularly, though, so either I missed them or saw them and just forgot. Looks like a lot of folks in this thread are fans, though, so I’ll seek out her other work.
Old 08-03-21, 12:32 PM

Hallmark Hall of Fame 3-Movie Collection: Remember Sunday, The Makeover and Away & Back (Bundle) - $7.99

Live and love in the moment with a story about a young man who loses his short-term memory and the woman determined to make each day wonderful for them in REMEMBER SUNDAY starring Alexis Bledel and Zachary Levi. When her own political run fails, Hannah tries to turn a likeable beer vendor into the perfect candidate in THE MAKEOVER. After a family of swans lands on his pond, a single father finds himself falling for the ornithologist sent to study them in AWAY & BACK.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...undle-/1493118
Old 08-13-21, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

^I recently watched Remember Sunday, which was good but a tough watch.

Just watched the new Mystery 101 (Polaha and Jill Wagner), which ended on an intriguing tease to the next installment.

Murder She Baked is fine but not my favorite. They’ve now rebranded it as “_____: An Allison Sweeney Mystery” along the lines of their other series, but still the same characters and scenarios. One silly moment in the new one:
Spoiler:
The heroine gets trapped in a sauna by the villain and is sweating to death, but she keeps wearing her 19th-century British costume. Gotta maintain that G rating!
Old 08-17-21, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

"The Nine Lives of Christmas" is getting a sequel called "The Nine Kittens of Christmas" and its scheduled to air this year. I'm excited for this news and both Brandon Routh & Kimberly Sustad are returning for the sequel. https://heavy.com/entertainment/hall...istmas-sequel/
Old 08-17-21, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I watched a double feature of Hawaii-set 2021 movies yesterday. Love for Real is a take on reality dating shows, which i don’t watch but I got the gist of it. I liked the lead, Chloe Brooks, who had kind of a wry Rebecca Hall-lite vibe with a splash of Anne Hathaway. Former High School Musical player Corbin Blue had a second-banana role. You Had Me at Aloha was also TV based, with Pascale Hutton and Kavan Smith as mismatched travel-show hosts. I know Smith but not Hutton, and I guess they’re both in When Calls the Heart, but I don’t watch that. Anyway I liked both movies, and that they had some fresh-ish cast members.
Old 08-17-21, 12:46 PM

That is neat news, as my understanding is that this film was one of the better received Hallmark films. It is also several years old so it really is a pleasant surprise that we are getting a sequel.
ETA: My response is too Bluelites's post, but I think that was pretty obvious.
Old 08-17-21, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you've never seen "The Nine Lives of Christmas" I'd highly recommend it and it's awesome we are getting a sequel seven years later.
Old 08-18-21, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nine Lives is one of the few Hallmarks my wife has watched. If anyone has yet to catch it, they rebroadcast it every few weeks.
Old 08-18-21, 12:59 PM

I did not bother looking at the original air date for The Nine Lives of Christmas, but wow...it has been seven years since I first watched. Speaking of sequels, it looks like the final movie in the Wedding March series aired this past weekend. It was neat to get 6 films from the Wedding March series, as I have enjoyed all of the films. I will actually miss them, because like The Good Witch films, I had grown accustomed to anticipating a new film every year or so but they will live on in re-runs.

Last edited by Inhumans99; 08-18-21 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-18-21, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Everyone can thank Legends of Tomorrow dumping Brandon Routh's salary for making the sequel possible.
Old 08-19-21, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Nine Lives of Christmas DVD is going for pretty crazy prices on Ebay right now. It makes me tempted to buy it digitally and try and sell my dvd. Maybe its been discontinued so Hallmark can try and rerelease it when the new movie comes out.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...s+dvd&_sacat=0
Old 08-19-21, 10:47 PM
mk1

Kimberly Sustad helped develop the sequel. Also looking forward to this.

Here is some more information about upcoming Christmas movies across multiple outlets.

Ho Ho Holiday Viewing
Old 08-28-21, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Picked off a few more 2021 releases:

The Baker’s Son reuses a food-film trope of food tasting better from a cook’s being in love. Eloise Mumford looks adorable as usual.

A Little Daytime Drama is brand-new, with vet stars Jen Lilley and Ryan Paevy as a soap-opera writer and star, respectively. Nothing to complain about with these stars, but I wonder when Lilley is going to play a character who DOESN’T have stage fright.

Sand Dollar Cove was pretty lackluster, although the scenery is great. Aly Michalka used to be a Disney Channel star with sister AJ, but she’s kinda dull and didn’t have much chemistry with Chad Michael Murray.

Right in Front of Me is the first Hallmark I know of that has two Asian leads. Janell Parrish was great in last year’s Christmas film Holly and Ivy with Jeremy Jordan, and is paired with Filipino Canadian Marco Grazzini (yes, he’s part Italian as well). It’s another food film, and another call to follow one’s dreams, but the leads worked well together.

Side note that it’s odd that Hallmark bios now seem to emphasize the actors’ NON-Hallmark credits, often not even mentioning them. Unfortunately I read those bios most often to see what other Hallmark movies they were in. Many of them don’t have any other significant credits.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.