Reload this Page >

Why was The Newsroom cancelled?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Why was The Newsroom cancelled?

Old 09-08-16, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Re: Why was The Newsroom cancelled?

I thought Season 1 was by far the best. Most people hated that season. I thought Season 2 was lame (most people loved this season), and Season 3 was so-so.
Old 09-09-16, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Why was The Newsroom cancelled?

I liked the show. At a certain point, the writers gave up any semblance of balance and realism and for me that became less interesting. It was best when it was providing actual insight that people may not realize. Also, when it managed to believe there are intelligent people on both sides, and idiots on both sides. I understand Sorkin's political leanings, but it just irritates me in general to see intelligent people on one side going against people who are made to (at least on some level) be idiots (or people who just haven't seen the light yet) on the other side.

To this day, I still say it was completely wrong to have Sloane punching someone. Of the people I've come across like her, absolutely none of them would resort to violence, especially over the things she did. It felt more like just having the characters do whatever rather than having the characters be consistent with the personalities previously created.

As much as I really liked the show at one point, it was time for Sorkin to get out and time for the show to end. It showed that they were struggling, and it's not a show where just any writer can come in and do it well.