The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II (MTV) - Premieres 1/6/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II (MTV) - Premieres 1/6/15

Old 03-04-15, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: The Challenge: Battle of the Exes II (MTV) - Premieres 1/6/15

Originally Posted by Goat3001
For those that didn't watch Portland, that was the Nia from that season. Just a terrible human being.
She truly is a vile and hateful creature. Just a loathsome, nasty slag of a woman.
Old 03-05-15, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,066 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
She truly is a vile and hateful creature. Just a loathsome, nasty slag of a woman.
Totally agree. To be honest, I am surprised that she was even invited back to do any of these things. But then again, MTV has no shame when it comes to these types of shows.

People who are just seeing her this time and haven't seen her Real World appearance really have no clue what a truly awful human being she is.

Watching Wes' face as Johnny walked back in at the beginning of this episode was classic. I couldn't help but laugh my ass off the entire time. I have become a Bananas fan over the years (though CT is still my favorite) and Wes, while irritating, does add a lot of humor with some of his comments.

Can you imagine the psycho bitches (you know the two I am talking about) on the current Real World coming to a Challenge? MTV might explode.

And watching Nany being smug on Theresa being upset was humorous since Nany would be acting exactly the same way if the shoe was on the other foot.
Old 03-05-15, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I think Bananas psyches a lot of people out and rightly so. Even Jordan and Sarah figured they'd rather not face his wrath should he was have won in the dome than to take that chance to get out for good the team most likely to win.
Sure but it's the final dome. Even if Bananas comes back there isn't much he can do at that point.

Maybe they're scared that Bananas will get them back at the next Challenge.
Old 03-10-15, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Really disappointed on the way this played out; I didn't watch Portland, and I watching Nia blow up was pretty humorous, but so far nothing different then any of the other girls on the show so far (although I know she hit folks on RW, so I realize she takes it an extra step to disgusting).

I was really rooting for Leroy, and hate seeing everyone piss their pants and suck Banana's dick just like Nia was saying. I really would have preferred a Jordan/Bananas rivalry spinning up given last season, so it sucks to see them team up here. I can't believe I somehow started rooting for Wes.

This show does weird things to the mind, man!
Old 03-11-15, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Quite a game move by Sarah. Has a chance to backfire against her in future challenges though. But you play the scenario in front of you, and Jay and Jenna aren't winning a finale.
Old 03-11-15, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so did the usual people win again?
Old 03-11-15, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Quite a game move by Sarah. Has a chance to backfire against her in future challenges though. But you play the scenario in front of you, and Jay and Jenna aren't winning a finale.
I fucking loved that move. It's hilarious to me to see Bananas freak out over doing the same fucking thing everyone just used to justify sending Leroy/Nia in. At least Sarah was consistent in admitting they wanted the easier competition in the finals.
Old 03-11-15, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Banannas should be happy hes even there after being eliminated. Everyone else had a shot to compete to get back into the game except Wes and Theresa which is pretty unfair.
Old 03-11-15, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
Banannas should be happy hes even there after being eliminated. Everyone else had a shot to compete to get back into the game except Wes and Theresa which is pretty unfair.
That bothers me, even though I can't stand Wes.

I "respect" Bananas as a competitor, but I honestly don't know how much I can judge people, because I think there's a lot of acting involved.

Bananas isn't a genius, but he literally was just talking about how trying to get to the end against the weakest competition is part of the game and he was just screaming about how it's a game and winning is the only thing you come for. So, Sarah makes that move and he totally forgets that? He can't even respect it as a good move, even if he's not happy about it?

Jeez, on Survivor even people will walk off after being angry and still admit the person made the right move.

And his team seemed genuinely happy that Wes was hurt. Wanting him to lose is expected and enjoy seeing him lose is totally fine, but calling it karma when someone gets their bell rung by a giant guy just is not normal behavior. These are genuinely horrible people and/or there is acting involved.

I think I've read Bananas gets paid just to show up. Maybe being a good sport just doesn't make for good television and Bananas is just doing what he's paid to do. Because the move made perfect sense and, on any other show like that, it would be totally expected.
Old 03-11-15, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome move by Sarah. That's how you win these things. They just guaranteed themselves at least the #2 spot.

Bananas' reaction was priceless. He'd be the first to pull that move if he could.

The previews looked interesting:

Spoiler:
Bananas and Leroy were pumped to be going to Norway. I thought they were going straight into the dome.

Also, Nia was going off on Sarah and Jordan. After her apology I was ready to say that maybe she changed. She hasn't. Gotta love her getting pissed at Jordan and Sarah for not giving them the easy win when she went off on them just before for trying to make it to easy for themselves.
Old 03-12-15, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 808 Likes on 597 Posts

That was a heck of a move by Sarah. That should guarantee her and Jordan at least second place money. I'm rooting for Sarah and Jordan to win it all. I really don't want to see Bananas win another Challenge....
Old 03-12-15, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Why did Sarah get the final say? Did I miss Jordan giving in to her?
Old 03-12-15, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Jordan knew it was the right move but he was too much of a pussy to admit it out loud. He let Sarah take the fall. I was really impressed by her. As everyone else said, Bananas loves moves like this until it happens to him. Then it is crybaby & threaten the world time.
Old 03-12-15, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

See I don't think Bananas would have made this move. He's generally pretty loyal to the people he's loyal to. That is one of the reasons why he wins. If you are in the inner circle of his team, then you can generally trust him to not mess you over at the end. He just thinks he can beat you in the finale, and he's usually right.

That's why Sarah better win this time b/c she has lost some trust.
Old 03-12-15, 01:50 PM

I'm rooting for Jay and Jenna lol
Old 03-12-15, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
I'm rooting for Jay and Jenna lol
Their chance of winning is only marginally better than all of the teams that have already been eliminated.
Old 03-17-15, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Wow, this episode really proved it. The worst part is I am sure she feels like she is totally right and did nothing wrong. You can try to get through to people like that but they will never hear it.
Old 03-17-15, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

She was repentent on the after show.

I hope Sarah wins this challenge and retires, b/c that move has cost her any chance of winning future challenges. That was always the risk with it.
Old 03-18-15, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when the table is turned bananas sure does cry a lot
Old 03-18-15, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Can't believe that episode managed to lower my view on people like Nia and Bananas even more then they already were. Kind of neat to see MTV call out the homophobic stuff that Nia was saying, glad she got kicked out and glad that Leroy didn't take a hit because of hit. Loved seeing Bananas lose as well; he plays a good villain and all, but it was funny to see him bitch and moan about everything and even yell at Jay for no reason.

Rooting for Sarah on this even though I don't care for Jordan. I haven't really seen too much negative out of Theresa on all of these challenges despite so many people disliking her, and I like Leroy, so I wouldn't mind seeing them do well too.
Old 03-18-15, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Can't believe that episode managed to lower my view on people like Nia and Bananas even more then they already were. Kind of neat to see MTV call out the homophobic stuff that Nia was saying, glad she got kicked out and glad that Leroy didn't take a hit because of hit. Loved seeing Bananas lose as well; he plays a good villain and all, but it was funny to see him bitch and moan about everything and even yell at Jay for no reason.

Rooting for Sarah on this even though I don't care for Jordan. I haven't really seen too much negative out of Theresa on all of these challenges despite so many people disliking her, and I like Leroy, so I wouldn't mind seeing them do well too.
Didn't like Leroy on the aftershow so now I have a lesser opinion of him too. He seemed to be hating on Sarah just to defend Johnny even though Sarah really put Bananas in his place with his whole "friendship" crap.

If Bananas just took the defeat and even begrudgingly gave Sarah credit or didn't make such pathetically lame excuses, I might have felt slightly bad that he didn't get the prize money this time around that he mostly relies on to support himself.

Both Jordan and Sarah came off really well and I usually don't like Jordan very much either. I don't think they'll win. I just got a vibe from Sarah and Jordan that wasn't the kind of one I would have expected from the winners. I hope that I'm wrong, though.

Nia's apology didn't come off well to me. She started off the show by being her nasty self to Sarah on an episode where she knew she had to do damage control for her horrible behavior. What an idiot.

I don't get all the Theresa hate either. She impressed me by beating Nany (who didn't know where Norway is).

PS-that blonde, Norwegian bartender needs to be on the next challenge.

Last edited by dolphinboy; 03-18-15 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-18-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The hate for Theresa goes back to past challenges. She is just as psycho as Nany but she looked better this season because she was on top for a majority of it. And it also appears she has matured a little over the years. Trust me, if she had been in the bottom and Wes and been his usual screaming asshole self, (or if she got with a guy and it didn't work out), you would have seen the psycho she is. I take that back...she's is more mentally and emotional unstable than really a psycho.

Nia is first class human excrement. Such a piece of shit. When Bananas was incorrectly calling Sarah a sociopath, he really should have been saying this to Nia because she is a guaranteed sociopath. I almost lost my lunch hearing Nia actually state to Sarah that she has a character flaw and no integrity. Does she really listen to herself? No. Is she that unaware of herself)? Yes.

And her saying that her calling Jordan gay wasn't meant to be derogatory was just laughable. Again, she doesn't even listen to herself. I was stunned how Leroy was able to keep her around for as long as he did.

I was starting to like Bananas in the last few years but he is one that shows his true colors if things are not going his way. Such a cry-baby. I would have preferred they hadn't even had the exile island because he really didn't deserve to even be there since he was voted out and lost.

I hope they dump the exile island crap. I hate it on Survivor and and I hate it here.

Jordan has shown some real maturity since the last challenge and though he lost it a few times with Sarah, he was quite well behave this season. He didn't even react to Nia which I think made her even more upset. She was trying to provoke him and he didn't bite which drives her crazy.

That all being said, I will be fine with either Sarah or Leroy winning. I couldn't pull for Leroy with Nia in the mix but with her out, I am good with either team winning.

The noobs look nervous as cats leading up to the finale. Jay looked like he wanted to puke the whole time. I don't see them finishing in the top two.
Old 03-18-15, 10:00 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Nothing that Sarah did was wrong. It's gotta suck to be a decent person who doesn't have the thickest skin and be on these shows. She clearly has no actual friend ties to Bananas outside the show. It's very apparent who are functioning humans outside the show, and who are fame whores. For Bananas to compare her to a serial killer because she voted for him? Come on... I just don't understand how anyone can take this voting personally. Only 1 team wins.

Last edited by dex14; 03-18-15 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-18-15, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Official cause of death for Knight:

"Real World" star Ryan Knight's death was caused by a deadly mix of multiple drugs and alcohol according to the final autopsy report.
The Kenosha County medical examiner concluded Knight had various drugs in his system, including methadone (a heroin substitute), tramadol (a painkiller), cocaine and Xanax -- mixed with a high level of alcohol.
The medical examiner ruled the death an accidental overdose.
http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/18/real-w...-overdose-mtv/
Old 03-18-15, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I hope they dump the exile island crap. I hate it on Survivor and and I hate it here.
It needs to go if for no other reason than it makes it even less likely for a team to vote a strong team into the elimination duel (or whatever they call it in a given season).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.