Reload this Page >

Survivor (S29E11/12) -- "Kind of Like Cream Cheese/Still Holdin’ On" -- 12/3/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 12-03-14, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,626 Likes on 2,603 Posts

"Kind of Like Cream Cheese" and "Still Holdin' On" - After 30 grueling days, the remaining castaways battle for a spot in the final six. Also, for the first time ever, castaways give up their chance at Reward in the middle of a challenge, and one castaway seeking revenge sets their sights on the game's strongest player, on a special two-hour back-to-back SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Dec. 3 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

HUYOPA TRIBE

Natalie Anderson

Alec Christy

Reed Kelly

Jon Misch

Keith Nale

Missy Payne

Jaclyn Schultz

Baylor Wilson

Read more: Listings - SURVIVOR on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Kt1xeeek

FYI, there are 3 more episodes left this season
Old 12-03-14, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts
Re: Survivor (S29E11/12) -- "Kind of Like Cream Cheese/Still Holdin’ On" -- 12/3/14

Grrr ... DVR only recorded the first episode How fast do these take to go up on CBS's site?
Old 12-04-14, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts
Re: Survivor (S29E11/12) -- "Kind of Like Cream Cheese/Still Holdin’ On" -- 12/3/14

This season continues to make no sense. So many of these folks have no idea what they're doing.

I kept waiting for Natalie and Baylor to go after Jaclyn once Jon won immunity.

And I really disliked the preview for next week.

Spoiler:
A possible game ending injury? That would suck this late in the game. Hopefully just a red herring
Old 12-04-14, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
What makes the move make less sense is that Jon is now aware that someone in his alliance wasn't telling him the truth. What's the benefit of blowing the cover if you're not going to take either Jon or Jaclyn out of the game?

And Mr. Perfect finds another HII. Oh joy
Old 12-04-14, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Kind of silly to take out Alec. If you want to take out Jon and you can't you take out is his greatest ally since you will have to take her out anyway.
Old 12-04-14, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like Natalie was playing things perfectly and I can't think why she would needlessly blow her cover like that. Make a huge move and take out Jaclyn or wait until your next shot at Jon. Getting revenge over playing smart could end up being her downfall unless the preview for next week wasn't just deception.

I actually like Jon and Jaclyn and would be happy if one of them won the game, but as much as I didn't like her prior to the season, I was really impressed with Natalie until this episode.
Old 12-04-14, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

I believe ousting Jon was more about getting him before he played the new idol. They can technically get Jacklyn anytime.
Old 12-04-14, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by GuessWho
I believe ousting Jon was more about getting him before he played the new idol. They can technically get Jacklyn anytime.
Not really. If Jon wins the immunity challenge and it's the last time to play the HII, he would give it to Jacklyn so she would be safe too. Or if Jacklyn won immunity at the time, they would both be safe also.
Old 12-04-14, 12:55 PM

I'm not sure if Jaclyn's insane stomach and nice butt would be worth keeping her around as a girlfriend. Gee whiz this girl is one big high-maintenance center of attention. Her fight with John may have been edited for maximum drama, but even so, she seems like one big pain in the ass.

And to my shock and horror, I'm actually really liking Natalie. I'm an Amazing Race fan, and I couldn't stand the Twinnies when they were on that show. I wanted to change the channel or throw my remote at the television every time they were on my screen. But Natalie solo? She's actually pretty cool. Though I don't think her strategy last night was the smartest. It seemed like a dumb move, but I doubt if it will be a fatal one for her.
Old 12-04-14, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinobi
I'm not sure if Jaclyn's insane stomach and nice butt would be worth keeping her around as a girlfriend. Gee whiz this girl is one big high-maintenance center of attention. Her fight with John may have been edited for maximum drama, but even so, she seems like one big pain in the ass.
Sadly, it appeared as if the fight was edited down. I didn't think it appeared all the bad but they talked it up at Tribal like it was a massive deal.

And to my shock and horror, I'm actually really liking Natalie. I'm an Amazing Race fan, and I couldn't stand the Twinnies when they were on that show. I wanted to change the channel or throw my remote at the television every time they were on my screen. But Natalie solo? She's actually pretty cool. Though I don't think her strategy last night was the smartest. It seemed like a dumb move, but I doubt if it will be a fatal one for her.
I'm ashamed to admit feeling the same way. I'm not rooting for her, but she's no where near as annoying as she was on TAR.
Old 12-04-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I agree. It was embarrassing to see how whipped Jon is already...he kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and the dude had nothing to apologize for.
Old 12-04-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm ashamed to admit feeling the same way. I'm not rooting for her, but she's no where near as annoying as she was on TAR.
Well there is only one of her. That can only help. She's still annoying on her own though. I can't defend Rocker, but she was pretty insufferable in that arguement.
Old 12-04-14, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"My dad has brain cancer... oh, I think I'll go play Survivor with my pageant-hottie girlfriend... "
Old 12-04-14, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
What makes the move make less sense is that Jon is now aware that someone in his alliance wasn't telling him the truth.
I'm with you on that one. The minimal gain blows all the groundwork set for a blindside. Now they'll have to factor in that there is a high probability that Jon will play his idol.

Unless Jon goes on a win streak we may see a finale with all women.
Old 12-04-14, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Natalie makes no sense. If she wants Jon gone so badly, why did she tell him last week to play the idol? He had enough votes.
Old 12-04-14, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Natalie makes no sense. If she wants Jon gone so badly, why did she tell him last week to play the idol? He had enough votes.
She probably wants to personally take him out.
Old 12-04-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

This season continues to make no sense. So many of these folks have no idea what they're doing.

I didn't understand that either.
Old 12-04-14, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Natalie was probably a week too early on the move, but I get some concern that Keith out would leave open the possibility of J&J winning over Drew and forcing at worst a 3-3 tie

And if they take out Jaclyn, Jon is pissed off and it's potentially 3 guys vs 3 gals.... or even worse Missy is also upset as she wasn't clued in and convinces Baylor not to blindly draw rocks with a potential 3-3 vote and make it 5-1 against Nat. (or even 4-2 with Missy voting on her own to protect her and her daughter)

Of course if they take Keith out, Jon is probably still oblivious and Jaclyn is aligning herself with anyone who smiles at her for a few minute and they are probably not too worried about winning Drew over and Jon would be ripe for a blindside (and if not Jon, then you could blindside Jaclyn with only 2 guys left)
Old 12-05-14, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Because she's stupid. Simple as that. I really want anyone but Natalie to win. She's just so awful of a player and really lets her emotions get in the way of the game.
Old 12-05-14, 05:43 AM

Yeah, she should be more like Jaclyn. Oh wait...

Didn't we discuss this last week? She wanted another man from the minority alliance gone before she made a move against Jon, so her best bet was to convince him to waste his idol last week. This time she got rid of Reed and then went after Jon but he won immunity.

Yes, she could have gone after Jaclyn, but the move to boot Alec instead of Keith keeps someone who can beat Jon in the immunity challenges while taking away a player who'd be closer to Baylor or Jaclyn than her. Not to mention, it leaves the option of going forward without Jon thinking she's after him.

Spoiler:
Plus if you watch the preview of the first few minutes of next Wednesday's episode at the end of the most recent Survivor Live with Wes, Reed and Alec, you'll see that after a confused Jaclyn asks if Alec VOTED FOR HIMSELF, Natalie successfully convinces the others that she thought she was supposed to be voting for Alec with Jon and Jaclyn.
Old 12-05-14, 07:49 AM

Really hoping that Keith wins this season.
Old 12-05-14, 09:44 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I kind of get Natalie's reasoning with taking out Alec over Keith. Alec is buddy-buddy with Jackie and when it came to the standard 'desperation moves' he approached Jon and Jackie. Keith, on the other hand, went to Natalie and Baylor and argued to get out Jon, which Natalie already wanted. She probably figured Keith would be easier to get on her side than Alec.

The problem with her strategy is I don't think she realized Baylor had went all Twilight over Alec 'sharing his feelings' (barf). Nat's biggest mistake was going rouge against Baylor even after finding out Baylor wasn't onboard. She's plotting two steps ahead without securing the current step.
Old 12-05-14, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,058 Likes on 641 Posts

Spoiler:
A possible game ending injury? That would suck this late in the game. Hopefully just a red herring
Looks like you can blame a "very special" kid for that.

Spoiler:
I think we are officially now hitting the homestretch. What can you tease up for next week?
Ah, next week holds a special place in my heart because we have a challenge that was created and designed by a very special challenge producer. Austin Russell is a thirteen year old from Texas who made a visit to location through our friends at Make A Wish. His big dream was to contribute a challenge that would end up getting used on the show and boy did he deliver! Not only is it a cool challenge involving a huge teeter-totter and buckets of water, but it ends up creating unexpected reality on the show. That is always the hope of a challenge — that it changes the game in some way. This is definitely game changing for one player. Read into that whatever you want: It’s gonna be fun!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/04/su...list1-20141205
Old 12-05-14, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Surprised that they named names too.

I'm going to take another look at her lying in the shelter before I delete the episode.

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Well there is only one of her. That can only help. She's still annoying on her own though. I can't defend Rocker, but she was pretty insufferable in that arguement.
Yeah, I agree she's nowhere near as annoying as she was on TAR, but wouldn't go far as saying she's likable.