Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Mentalist (CBS) -- The Final Season -- Sundays & Wednesdays starting 11/30/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mentalist (CBS) -- The Final Season -- Sundays & Wednesdays starting 11/30/14

Old 11-30-14, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

Synopsis for episode 1

JANE AND LISBON ARE A FEW WEEKS INTO THEIR NEW RELATIONSHIP WHEN THEY INVESTIGATE THE MURDER OF AN UNDERCOVER AGENT, ON THE SEVENTH SEASON PREMIERE OF "THE MENTALIST," SUNDAY, NOV. 30

"Nothing But Blue Skies" - Jane and Lisbon decide to keep their new relationship a secret from their colleagues as they investigate the murder of an undercover agent. Also, young, ambitious agent Michelle Vega joins the team, on the seventh season premiere of THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Nov. 30 (9:30-10:30 PM, ET/9:00-10:00 PM, PT), on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)
RECURRING CAST:

Pedro Pascal (Marcus Pike)
GUEST CAST:

Tim Griffin (Kenneth)
Anna Khaja (Ellen)
Bryan Rasmussen (Mason)
Karina Logue (Tish)
Ray Porter (Wick)
Frank Clem (Andy)
Garrett Matheson (Jeremy)
Liz Hamsher (Skye)
Connie Schiro (Hotel Manager)
Holden Scott (12-year-old Jeremy)
Dakota Buchanan (William)
WRITTEN BY: Tom Szentgyorgyi

DIRECTED BY: Chris Long

Read more: Listings - MENTALIST, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Kaz5MejD

13 episode final season

Moves to Wednesdays at 8pm starting January 7, 2015

Don't know how many here have watched or continue to watch, but this is indeed the last season. Simon Baker's contract with WB is also up.

FYI, for those who quit watching this for whatever reason. Season 7 is a complete reboot. Lisbon, Cho and Jane now work for the FBI. No more CBI. In case you may be interested in jumping back to see how it ends.

The Red John arc, which most of you didn't seem to like anyways, was wrapped up last season after the season 3 fakeout. It's completely 100% finished.

Bruno Heller, who most of you may be aware is the showrunner on Gotham, also worked on this final season.

Here is a season 6 recap:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qdf9woPeoFI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by DJariya; 11-30-14 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-01-14, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Mentalist (CBS) -- The Final Season -- Sundays & Wednesdays starting 11/30/14

That was a really good premiere tonight. Fun and light. That's when this show is it's strongest.

It's a little weird seeing that Lisbon isn't the boss anymore. But, I do like Rockmond Dunbar and was glad that he was promoted to a series regular for this final season.

Loved that last sequence when Cho planted the weapons in the bowling alley and they staged that fake escape to get the bar owner to pull out the murder weapon. That was pretty funny and clever. Cho cracked me up with the shooting..."Oh no, she took Vega's gun."

Cool seeing Josie Loren now on this show. She was a main character on that ABC Family show Make it or Break it.

When Pike came back at the end to make Jane 2nd guess himself, I was worried for a second. But, glad that Jane shook it off. Jane and Lisbon have developed good chemistry over the last 6 years. I'm glad they took their time with it. Hopefully a strong final 12 to close it out.
Old 12-01-14, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Mentalist (CBS) -- The Final Season -- Sundays & Wednesdays starting 11/30/14

Enjoy the episode..
Old 12-02-14, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the heck?????
Wasn't last year the series finale?
How can ya just come back the next season?
Wasn't the show promoting last season to be the last season?
Old 12-02-14, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by metman86
What the heck?????
Wasn't last year the series finale?
How can ya just come back the next season?
Wasn't the show promoting last season to be the last season?
They never said last season was officially the final season. They only promised the Red John arc would get resolved.
Old 12-07-14, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk God

LISBON GOES UNDERCOVER AS A PRISON INMATE TO BUST A CAR THEFT RING, ON "THE MENTALIST," SUNDAY, DEC. 7

"The Greybar Hotel" - Lisbon goes undercover as a prison inmate in order to get a convict to turn on her boyfriend, who is the leader of a high-end car theft ring, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Dec. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)
GUEST CAST:

Garcelle Beauvais (Danitra Cass)
Brit Morgan (Marie)
Val Lauren (Cole)
Tom Kiesche (Hendricks)
Ryan Dorsey (Benson)
Michael Christian Alexander (Austin Cop)
Monica Garcia (Guard)
Cher Ferreyra (Lead Inmate)
Heather Brooker (Second Inmate)
Stella Baker (Angry Inmate)
Luis Jimenez (Clerk)
WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper

DIRECTED BY: Bill Eagles

Read more: Listings - MENTALIST, THE on CBS | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3LChGejfI

Episode 2 airs Sunday night

3 more Sunday airings before the show moves to Wednesday

Judging by the lack of comments, either hardly anyone is left watching here or this is still sitting unwatched on the DVR for those still watching. I mean if you stuck with it for 6 seasons, you might as well finish it.
Old 12-08-14, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Really fun episode. Season is 2 for 2 in my book.

Enjoyed Lisbon going undercover in the prison and then the stuff that went down after she broke out with that girl.

at Jane leaving a trail of Gatorade bottles for the FBI to find him.

Cho is my favorite supporting character. I love his dead serious face.
Old 12-30-14, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk God

FYI, for anyone who is currently watching, the show moves to Wednesdays starting next week.

Anyone watching the final season or is this show completely off your radar?

It's been a really fun final season. Very good reboot away from the Red John arc and starting from scratch at the FBI along with several new cast members. I like the new cast members including Rockmund Dunbar and Josie Loren.

Anyways, I just got caught up with the last 3 episodes.

It was good to see Erica Flynn again in the episode where Jane and Lisbon went to the Middle East to stop that terrorist. Great femme fatale & adversary to Jane.

I absolutely loved the episode from 2 weeks ago where Lisbon "acted" like a Mentalist and pointed out who the killer was while Jane was sick.

The episode that aired on Sunday was also good with the Colonel and his lover being the killers and each having different stories.

Some really good episodes this final season.
Old 02-09-15, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with the last 4 episodes, including Sunday's tearjerker.

Am I the only one here watching the last season of The Mentalist? I guess I am, this last season has been really great. It's a return to form of the earlier seasons. Jane and Lisbon have been great.

That was a bummer that they killed off Vega. Especially after Jason finally had the courage to ask her out and she said yes.

Loved Tim Kang in the episode. Cho normally comes off as kind of cold, but I liked seeing how personal he took Vega's death.

There's only 3 episodes left and judging by that last scene with Lisbon and Jane, It looks like they're setting up the end.
Old 02-10-15, 05:51 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I watched the first episode this season and was bored to tears. The episodes kept piling up on my DVR to the point where I just deleted them. I plan on watching the finale however so to see how they end it all. It's too bad they didn't just wrap things up with the Red John stuff and call it a day.
Old 02-19-15, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cho is the most interesting man in the world. "Slutty elf"

I was surprised that something bad didn't happen at the end because I looked at the clock when the wedding happened and thought there was too much time left.
Old 02-19-15, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm glad I checked out the last couple of eps tonight.. I always enjoy seeing a true "final" ep vs a show just getting canceled..

I had pretty much gave up on this show a couple of seasons back due to the lack of creativity to the red herrings being throw around. At some point every other ep felt like the twist was just "and....... it's not him".

but that being said the show did a nice over all character wrap up. It's not going to be mentioned as any sort of top ten final ep of all time or anything but it was a good solid ending.
Anyways, fair well random show that acted like it was based in my home town of Sacramento.. I doubt we see that location being used again for a while. Then again at the rate CBS keep making new CSI and NCIS clones who knows..
Old 09-15-15, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Why was this show cancelled? The ratings seem have held up.

I liked the FBI reboot.
Old 09-15-15, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Why was this show cancelled? The ratings seem have held up.

I liked the FBI reboot.
It wasn't canceled. It was properly ended.

The show had ran it's course, the original story was completed, and it ended on the note of Jane and Lizbon being married finally.
Old 09-15-15, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Koby
It wasn't canceled. It was properly ended.

The show had ran it's course, the original story was completed, and it ended on the note of Jane and Lizbon being married finally.
Yeah CBS/WB gave it a short 7th season to wrap things up. Ratings were down compared to earlier in it's run, but that happens to all shows. The show wrapped up perfectly.
Old 09-15-15, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Koby
The Red John storyline dragged on for way too long, but I don't think that storyline was what made this show good.

The ratings in the 7th season were the same as in S5.

I didn't like the Jizbon romance, that seemed to not match the vibe of the show.
Old 07-12-18, 09:33 PM

I have not kept track of recent TV shows, have there been any recent offerings which have been similar to this show? Or the original NCIS?

I miss the show (minus the red john conclusion).
Old 07-13-18, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yeah CBS/WB gave it a short 7th season to wrap things up. Ratings were down compared to earlier in it's run, but that happens to all shows. The show wrapped up perfectly.
It being on Sunday night behind the NFL and having it's air time fluctuate wildly did not help it, especially with DVR viewers. This is why I stopped watching Elementary and most seasons of The Amazing Race.