DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Vampire Diaries (S6E07) -- "Do You Remember the First Time?" -- 11/13/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/623520-vampire-diaries-s6e07-do-you-remember-first-time-11-13-14-a.html)

DJariya 11-13-14 07:32 PM

The Vampire Diaries (S6E07) -- "Do You Remember the First Time?" -- 11/13/14

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...89775826_o.jpg

THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

"Do You Remember the First Time?" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

MEMORIES FROM ANOTHER TIME - When the past comes back to haunt her, Elena (Nina Dobrev) is forced to face her problems head on. After a night out at the annual Whitmore Medical Center Fundraiser, Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O'Keefe) opens up to Alaric (Matt Davis) about her own tragic past. Meanwhile, Stefan (Paul Wesley), Matt (Zach Roerig) and Enzo (Michael Malarkey) resort to extreme measures when Tripp (guest star Colin Ferguson) withholds information about his vampire-killing operation, and Caroline (Candice Accola) is in a race against the clock when Sheriff Forbes (guest star Marguerite MacIntyre) gets caught in the middle of a dangerous plan. Elsewhere, Tyler (Michael Trevino) and Liv (guest star Penelope Mitchell) grow closer, and Damon (Ian Somerhalder) stumbles upon a startling clue that renews his hope. Kat Graham also stars. Darren Genet directed the episode written by Rebecca Sonnenshine (#607). Original airdate 11/13/2014.

Read more: Listings - VAMPIRE DIARIES, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3J0D1qsCc

Episode 7 of 22

Baron Of Hell 11-14-14 11:08 AM

Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E07) -- "Do You Remember the First Time?" -- 11/13/14

Tripp didn't last as long as I thought he would. However, I did see his end coming a mile away. I was surprised Caroline let her mom go home alone. Why wouldn't those guys try to grab her again?

I am not digging Liv and Tyler. If they were to never show up again I doubt I would miss them. The brother is so forgettable I wasn't sure if that was the same actor.

I liked Alaric and Damon scene in the hospital. It is fun seeing those two together.

I think this show should try and do some episodes without Elena. She is the least interesting person on the show. Or build up her friendship with Matt. They are suppose to be best friends but you never really see it.

DJariya 11-14-14 10:58 PM

Re: The Vampire Diaries (S6E07) -- "Do You Remember the First Time?" -- 11/13/14

Caught up with the last 4 episodes tonight.

I'm really surprised that they have devoted so much plot to Damon and Elena possibly getting back together. I'd rather keep them apart and honestly it's got to be weird for them since Nina and Ian are no longer together romantically.

Poor Colin Ferguson. I guess he can always go back to the Maytag commercials. Tripp was an interesting character. I liked that he was sort of the vampire garbage man. It's all Enzo's fault for getting rid of him.

Yes I agree, I enjoyed seeing Damon and Alaric bond again.

Hopefully Bonnie gets out of 1994 purgatory soon.

I watch this show when I have time, but you know 6 seasons in, I think it's somewhat tired and definitely has lost the fun it once had. At this point, I'm hoping that season 7 will be the last. I'm ready to move on.

PhantomStranger 11-15-14 01:25 AM

I've thought it has been better than last season. They've been dragging out a lot of possible storylines, including the Caroline/Stefan ship and return of Bonnie. What was the point of keeping her in Purgatory for another episode or two?

Why do I have the feeling that Damon, now feeling down after he let Elena go, will sacrifice himself to get Bonnie back? And when he decides that, Elena will suddenly have an epiphany of her love for Damon. That new boyfriend screams disposable fodder.

I like Tyler being paired up with someone other than Caroline, it gets him out of the most important storylines. Something has gone wrong when either Matt or Tyler are the main characters in a storyline.:lol:

riley_dude 11-16-14 06:34 PM

I am way behind on these episodes. They are just sitting on my DVR which is a bad sign. The show has lost the magic.

PhantomStranger 11-16-14 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude (Post 12304393)
I am way behind on these episodes. They are just sitting on my DVR which is a bad sign. The show has lost the magic.

It's certainly not the best-plotted show on television anymore, like it was for its first two or three seasons. The CW drained too much of its creative talent for other shows, including The Originals (which cost us Rebekah and Elijah) and pulling Alaric for that failed show. This is also not the same set of writers, as can be evidenced.

A lot of shows view writers below the showrunners as disposable, so whenever a show becomes a hit the writers are almost always the first to get picked off by other shows, for more money.

The biggest failing for VD is that they've never figured out what they want to do with Stefan, now that he's no longer the romantic male lead. He should have been paired up with someone other than Elena last season.

Superman07 11-19-14 07:16 PM

I'm still perfectly happy Stefan and Caroline staying friends. Their situation adds a bit of drama, but also is refreshing. Knowing that, I'm sure they will have them get together... :(

Really enjoying having Rick back. Clearly his new lady is from crazy guys family.

Not sure why Bonnie was struggling so much when psycho just slapped a bandaid on it.

Where the heck is Jeremy and the nephew? It's been 2 esp and they are mia.

PhantomStranger 11-19-14 09:33 PM

Rick adds an adult vibe that was missing when he was gone. I like they made him Damon's friend, though the bromance has been pushed pretty heavily.

LaxBandit 11-20-14 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07 (Post 12308039)
Where the heck is Jeremy and the nephew? It's been 2 esp and they are mia.

I heard Jeremy and Sarah - the girl whose related to Damon/Stefan - return tonight. (Edit - Friday, November 21 - guess I got bad info... )
The nephew? Zach? Damon and Stefans nephew? - the one who orginially owned the house they are living in - He is dead.
Damon killed him when he and Stefan returned to Mystic Falls. This happened a few episodes into the first season - 2009.
So Damon killed not only Sarahs mother - ugh, name escapes me - back on May 10, 1994 - but also killed her father - Zach - fifteen years and half years later.