Reload this Page >

Arrow (S3E06) -- "Guilty" -- 11/12/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-12-14, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

"Guilty" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

TED GRANT IS ACCUSED OF MURDER - After a body is found strung up in the Wildcat gym, Ted Grant (J.R. Ramirez) becomes the main suspect. Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) argue over Ted's innocence. Meanwhile, in flashbacks, when Maseo (Karl Yune) needs Oliver to remember where an informant for China White stashed key information, he asks Tatsu (guest star Rila Fukushima) to help jog Oliver's memory. Roy (Colton Haynes) shares a secret with Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). Peter Leto directed the episode written by Erik Oleson & Keto Shimizu (#306). Original airdate 11/12/2014.

Read more: Listings - ARROW on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Itz1eXP5

Episode 6 of 23
Old 11-12-14, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Arrow (S3E06) -- "Guilty" -- 11/12/14

Loved the boxing glove arrow!!!!!!
Old 11-12-14, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

BOXING GLOVE ARROW! Pretty decent episode also. Bummed that we weren't able to see Wildcat in any type of costume especially after finding out he was the first vigilante. Man I don't like Laurel that much. I'm trying to remember at what point the writers really dropped the ball with her.
Old 11-12-14, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Loved the boxing glove arrow. The overall story wasn't bad but man did this have some huge plot holes. The more I think about this episode the less I like it.

Misdirection one, Roy sees and hears in his memory exactly what the viewer sees and hears when Sara dies. This makes absolutely no sense if he wasn't there. The should have done the cop killing scene over but replaced the cop with Sara or they never should of shown us what Roy thought he was remembering.

Misdirection two. We learn that arrows were not shot from a bow. This was either bad writing or someone else is out there throwing arrows at people which is still bad writing.

How many freaking people use bows. I know this arrow but come on the guy has other villains that use other weapons. Stupid Cupid.

Easily the worse episode so far for me. Not just the worse this season but the worse in the series.
Old 11-13-14, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 802 Likes on 676 Posts

There were some leaps in logic but I thought it was a decent episode. A couple of things did strike me that happened.

Ollie and Roy are always in full costume now on missions, while Diggle is walking around in his street clothes. Does anyone else find this strange? It will become even more ridiculous when they add Black Canary in costume to the mix. The man needs a codename of some kind, or every villain will start showing up at his house after Googling him.

However, the unintentionally funniest part was the slash fiction stuff going on between Oliver and Roy near the end. Roy beats that guy to a pulp, then in full costume walks over to Oliver and sincerely asks, "Don't abandon me." They then cut to Oliver and Roy staring deeply at each other over candlelight in the next scene, as Oliver "teaches" him how to unlock his mind.

The flashbacks haven't done much of anything this season, I'm not feeling them. I hope they have more planned for Ollie's adventures in the Orient than him hanging out inside some family's home.
Old 11-13-14, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Stephen Amell on the Arrow After Show
http://youtu.be/9dSWO9Uf_Zs

They talk about this episode and other stuff.
Old 11-13-14, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger

Ollie and Roy are always in full costume now on missions, while Diggle is walking around in his street clothes. Does anyone else find this strange? It will become even more ridiculous when they add Black Canary in costume to the mix. The man needs a codename of some kind, or every villain will start showing up at his house after Googling him.
He rarely wares a mask. He dd last week yet not several times before that or today. I've always thought it was odd.
Old 11-13-14, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still confused on why Ollie kept on bringing up that this vigilante killed someone in the past. I mean, did he suddenly forget season 1 of Arrow and the trail of dead criminals he left in his path?
Old 11-13-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The writing was pretty sloppy in this episode. What the hell was with the bad guy that decided the best way to shoot out of the car was to open the door? Seriously? I love this show, but it could really use some better writing.
Old 11-13-14, 11:04 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The real problem with Diggle is that he doesn't really serve much of a a point anymore, especially with Roy, Felicity, and soon Laurel added to the mix. He is not needed in most situations and doesn't really add much to the narrative. I'm not clear what function he serves story or concept-wise these days and often find myself seeing him show up and wondering why the writers/producers/et all bother with him anymore.
Old 11-13-14, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This episode will be remembered as the one in which
Old 11-13-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Toonview
The real problem with Diggle is that he doesn't really serve much of a a point anymore, especially with Roy, Felicity, and soon Laurel added to the mix. He is not needed in most situations and doesn't really add much to the narrative. I'm not clear what function he serves story or concept-wise these days and often find myself seeing him show up and wondering why the writers/producers/et all bother with him anymore.
I still like what Diggle adds to the team. His background is a little different than the others. I imagine we'll see his arc heat up when something happens involving his wife.
Old 11-13-14, 03:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I still like what Diggle adds to the team. His background is a little different than the others. I imagine we'll see his arc heat up when something happens involving his wife.
I hope so. I always like to see a brotha working.
Old 11-13-14, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcheckel
Loved the boxing glove arrow!!!!!!
Now we need the gas mask arrow.
Old 11-13-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

However, the unintentionally funniest part was the slash fiction stuff going on between Oliver and Roy near the end. Roy beats that guy to a pulp, then in full costume walks over to Oliver and sincerely asks, "Don't abandon me." They then cut to Oliver and Roy staring deeply at each other over candlelight in the next scene, as Oliver "teaches" him how to unlock his sphincter.

or they could just look for the only person of color in star city who isn't a drug dealer or gangster.
Old 11-14-14, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I'm still confused on why Ollie kept on bringing up that this vigilante killed someone in the past. I mean, did he suddenly forget season 1 of Arrow and the trail of dead criminals he left in his path?
I wondered about that myself. I'm not bothered by his actions yet I wondered why he made such a point of it when he used deadly force many times.
Old 11-14-14, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This episode was a victim of bad writing. Like people have mentioned, it made no sense for Oliver to take such a hard line against killing, especially when it wasnt intentional. Also his entire 'stay away from Laurel' spiel was goofy. No one is allowed to teach her to fight? Does she have to get his approval for everything? And if Wildcat is 'too dangerous' to be around Laurel, then what about Roy? He was a straight up psycho killer. Cop killer, even.

And why arent they investigating Roy's dreams more? He's dreaming about the murder, the evidence supports it. But Ollie has this candle, so Roy must be innocent. Diggle was right, it's like there's two sets of rules, one for Arrow's team and another for everyone else.

Also, does Felicity ever actually go to her swanky new job?

D
Old 11-14-14, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Derrich
This episode was a victim of bad writing. Like people have mentioned, it made no sense for Oliver to take such a hard line against killing, especially when it wasnt intentional. Also his entire 'stay away from Laurel' spiel was goofy. No one is allowed to teach her to fight? Does she have to get his approval for everything? And if Wildcat is 'too dangerous' to be around Laurel, then what about Roy? He was a straight up psycho killer. Cop killer, even.

And why arent they investigating Roy's dreams more? He's dreaming about the murder, the evidence supports it. But Ollie has this candle, so Roy must be innocent. Diggle was right, it's like there's two sets of rules, one for Arrow's team and another for everyone else.

Also, does Felicity ever actually go to her swanky new job?

D
I notice people in movies and shows telling others what to do and not to do, how they should feel etc... I figure if an adult wants to do something that is their call. This is a good show yet this episode did have some odd writing.
Old 11-14-14, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

They still should have made Wildcat at least a middle-aged. There really is no sense for him to be a young guy unless they're setting him up to be a romantic interest for Laurel.
Old 11-14-14, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it had less to do with him using deadly force and him being worried that Laurel hanging out with a vigilante who killed someone would be a bad thing for her especially after Sara's death.

They still should have made Wildcat at least a middle-aged. There really is no sense for him to be a young guy unless they're setting him up to be a romantic interest for Laurel.
They've pretty much already said that he's a possible romantic interest for her.

Actually the more I think of this episode the more I didn't like it. I was just blown away by the boxing glove arrow.
Old 11-14-14, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A boxing glove arrow makes up for many writing mistakes. They even named Roy in this episode as Arsenal.

Now that Oliver has a no-killing policy, the boxing glove arrows should be a common weapon of choice for him. You can knock someone out, without puncturing a vital organ.
Old 11-14-14, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

This episode was all right, but as others have said, it's certainly a victim of bad writing.

I also hated how Roy was tormented about killing Sarah, then everyone--based on circumstantial evidence--assumes it's true. Then, when Roy finds out he DIDN'T kill Sarah, but just some random cop while he was out of his mind...THAT'S when he wants to be alone?!

While I like the idea of the meditation helping Arrow and Roy see things they didn't expect, it was crazy how it happened like 15 seconds after lighting the candle and taking a few deep breaths. Geez, if the rewards of meditation were that easy, no one would ever forget anything. :P