Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gracepoint (FOX) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-14, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Re: Gracepoint (FOX) -- Series Thread

he didn't paint the bedroom because he was too busy murdering!
Old 12-05-14, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
Ellie asking Susan "how did you not know?" pretty much confirms that Ellie's husband is the killer.

Broadchurch will be available on Netflix on December 12.
2 for 2 for Skylar. I hope fox has the guts to actually make Tom Miller the killer. I have only seen one episode of Broadchurch but Tom killing his "best friend" would be a great twist.
Old 12-08-14, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question to those who have watched Broadchurch. I've been watching both series simultaneously -- watch an ep of Gracepoint and then watch the corresponding ep in Broadchurch, sometimes the other way around. There isn't an exact one-to-one correspondence but it's remarkably doable as the series differ only slightly. But I've read that the final resolution is different in Gracepoint. I'm now down to the final ep in both Gracepoint and Broadchurch and was wondering which one I should watch first?
Old 12-09-14, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Flave
I have a question to those who have watched Broadchurch. I've been watching both series simultaneously -- watch an ep of Gracepoint and then watch the corresponding ep in Broadchurch, sometimes the other way around. There isn't an exact one-to-one correspondence but it's remarkably doable as the series differ only slightly. But I've read that the final resolution is different in Gracepoint. I'm now down to the final ep in both Gracepoint and Broadchurch and was wondering which one I should watch first?
Since Broadchurch is the original I'd go with that. No other reason really.
Old 12-09-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

It's starting to look like the killer is going to be the same as BROADCHURCH's. There was a line in the last episode (I won't spoil it) that seem to point this way. The problem is if they go with the same killer, some of you guys are going to be pissed - as very little up until now that points in their direction (but it wasn't much different on BROADCHURCH, either).
Old 12-09-14, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

It seems the Gracepoint DVD is being released in Australia today. So presumably, one could possibly find out who did it before Thursday. If you do, please keep your discussion inside spoiler tags. Thanks!
Old 12-11-14, 09:33 PM

Well that was something
Old 12-11-14, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was something.
Old 12-11-14, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Am I the only one who sees a thin Melissa McCarthy when Danny's mom is on-screen?
Old 12-11-14, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Personally, I prefer the Broadchurch ending. Much cleaner. It's almost as if Gracepoint was trying to set up another season with their different ending (as is the tradition with all American television). But I did like the final scene with the determined looks on both Miller and Carver. Carver's figured it out and is determined to get his man while Miller is equally determined to protect her son.
Old 12-11-14, 10:36 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts

I was half right in my pick for whodunit... but before this ep started I didn't know for sure.

I might just read the spoilers for Broadchurch than sit through this again.
Old 12-11-14, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I was half right in my pick for whodunit... but before this ep started I didn't know for sure.

I might just read the spoilers for Broadchurch than sit through this again.
Broadchurch was incredibly satisfying and nearly wrapped. Olivia Coleman was amazing. I just can't want anything with Sklar again.
Old 12-12-14, 06:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally, I prefer the Broadchurch ending. Much cleaner. It's almost as if Gracepoint was trying to set up another season with their different ending (as is the tradition with all American television).
And yet, oddly enough, Gracepoint was promoted as a 10-part event and not a Season 1, so does not appear to be going for more than 1 season, and Broadchurch is having 2 more seasons (or series).
Old 12-12-14, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wahlers
And yet, oddly enough, Gracepoint was promoted as a 10-part event and not a Season 1, so does not appear to be going for more than 1 season, and Broadchurch is having 2 more seasons (or series).
I know Gracepoint was supposed to be a one-season series but I've heard that promise before. "Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...can't get fooled again." --George W. Bush.

But I had no idea that Broadchurch has been renewed for two more seasons. Best news I've heard all day. But I just got up, so, yeah.
Old 12-12-14, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I loved Broadchurch but didn't watch this, can someone spoiler (even though it has aired) who the murderer was, as compared to the original one?
Old 12-12-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by movieking
I loved Broadchurch but didn't watch this, can someone spoiler (even though it has aired) who the murderer was, as compared to the original one?
Spoiler:
Tom, accidentally. He spies his dad sneaking off late at night and follows him to the cabin where he witnesses everything that transpires between Danny and his dad. (Also, the sexual component of Joe's obsession with Danny is toned down as compared to Broadchurch.) Trying to protect Danny when he tries to run away from Joe, Tom swings an oar at his dad but hits Danny on the head instead, killing him.

Last edited by Flave; 12-12-14 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-12-14, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

I was confused by the video thing at the end with Carver. That was supposed to imply he figured out Tom hit Danny, right?
Old 12-12-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So basically, GRACEPOINT copied BROADCHURCH right up until the end, then gave us a slight twist so they didn't actually have the same killer. Pointless.

Oh well, if nothing else it was a good example of how NOT to re-make a TV series. And Anna Gunn was really good in the finale, so I'll give her credit for turning in a great performance.

At the very least, maybe some of you will now switch over to BROADCHURCH (assuming you get BBC America).
Old 12-12-14, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
I was confused by the video thing at the end with Carver. That was supposed to imply he figured out Tom hit Danny, right?
Right.
Old 12-12-14, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by Deftones
Yeah, Tommy said that he never saw "anyone else" hit Danny. This leads Carver to believe, at least, that there is more to the story than what Joe confessed to. The implication being that Tommy was there and that Danny was hit.
Old 12-12-14, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Broadchurch series 1 was put on Netflix today. I will probably start watching it sometime this weekend. I got caught up with Gracepoint and watched the finale earlier and I decided to read Broadchurch spoilers. I agree the twist that was added seemed to be a set up for another season. As previously mentionted, I didn't see Broadchurch before this. It will be interesting to compare the two.
Old 12-12-14, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, Tommy said that he never saw "anyone else" hit Danny. This leads Carver to believe, at least, that there is more to the story than what Joe confessed to. The implication being that Tommy was there and that Danny was hit.
Tommy could have meant he saw or knew that Danny's father had hit him but that he didn't see anyone else hit Danny. It was a bit out of place during the interview but really I don't think Carver could have suspected Tommy based solely on that. I do think Carver pieced it together in his mind when Tommy went missing and was found on his way to the hiker's lodge with the crossword book. They may have wanted to explore this in a potential second season but they could have made Tommy a much darker character in trying to plant Danny's book on the hitchhiker. It may have been worth watching if Elle would turn her son in the second season.
Old 12-13-14, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
At the very least, maybe some of you will now switch over to BROADCHURCH (assuming you get BBC America).
I absolutely loved Gracepoint and I will be making the switch!
Old 12-13-14, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Tom, accidentally. He spies his dad sneaking off late at night and follows him to the cabin where he witnesses everything that transpires between Danny and his dad. (Also, the sexual component of Joe's obsession with Danny is toned down as compared to Broadchurch.) Trying to protect Danny when he tries to run away from Joe, Tom swings an oar at his dad but hits Danny on the head instead, killing him.
Thanks, good summary.
Old 12-15-14, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's pretty much presumed that there won't be a Gracepoint Season 2, right? I don't think the ratings were good at all. If there's going to be more Broadchurch might as well watch that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.