Reload this Page >

Gracepoint (FOX) -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Gracepoint (FOX) -- Series Thread

Old 12-15-14, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Gracepoint (FOX) -- Series Thread

It was always advertised as a miniseries "event". So I don't think there will be a season 2.
Old 12-15-14, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on board the whole way. But the way the actual murder played out? SO DUMB.
Old 12-15-14, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd already forgotten this... waste of time... until seeing the thread. First, positive out of the way: Gunn provided an excellent performance. Really - stellar. I say that always having thought Skyler was by far BB's weakest link acting-wise, so props there.

I recorded Broadchurch when it aired, never watched it. So this idea things got toned down, or even originated from there, is a new one to me. That said? When they unveiled it, the way they unveiled it? I had 0 - literally, not even a 0.0001% doubt- question the NAMBLA nonsense was a father creating a story to protect his son. It. Made. No. Sense!

"Ooh, let's meet in the middle of the night in a secluded getaway! Oh, and we've never done *anything* like this before! But this time? I. Must. Touch. Cheek! (And not the naughty cheek.)"

Oh, and first time ever? Sonny boy just happens to follow us. In the middle of the night! Of course!

I think what pissed me off more than anything? It totally came out of left field. There were *no* pedophile hints in any of the prior episodes. Instead, they waste my time with countless B-plots and diversions that are meaningless? Basically, ten episodes, and the only thing from there that mattered in the slightest is trashing and crashing some computer?

None of that matters, though - if they wanted to go the pedophile route, have the balls to actually do it right. Show people how sick some twisted ****s are, and why they should all be buried underneath our prisons. Instead, with what they did it comes off almost as a parody, where I genuinely believe until the final second it's all a BS cover story due to its utter absurdity.
Old 12-15-14, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Canceled
Old 12-16-14, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
Yeah, Tommy said that he never saw "anyone else" hit Danny. This leads Carver to believe, at least, that there is more to the story than what Joe confessed to. The implication being that Tommy was there and that Danny was hit.
I liked it, and I get the complaints about who the killer was but I was fine with it.

As for the video and Carver I took it to also be that He figured out that Tommy either knew who did it or actually was involved as a participant.
Old 12-30-14, 10:32 AM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

I finally got around to watching the Gracepoint finale last night. I actually liked it quite a bit. Contrived for sure, but was well executed. I never watched Broadchurch, but will check out the first season on Netflix and I see that one was renewed for a second season.
Old 02-20-17, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, a few years later I finally get a hold of this one thanks to Vudu. Both me and my wife watched this over a period of a week and to us that's binging considering we have a toddler. I would say the $4.99 was well spent and I put Broadchurch on my wishlist should it ever go on sale. The ending had both of us in an interesting moral discussion or two which I won't bore you with but it was really good stuff. I might re-visit it in a few years to see if I can catch anything early on regarding the ending but there weren't many clues.

One last mention and I think something does need to be said of Nick Nolte's performance, but it was an excellent one. He pulls off old man roles soooo well, not quite as well as Jeff Bridges, but still awesome to watch.