Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Resurrection (S2E04) -- "Old Scars" -- 10/19/14

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Resurrection (S2E04) -- "Old Scars" -- 10/19/14

TENSIONS RUN HIGH WHEN THE LANGSTONS HOST A FAMILY DINNER WITH UNEXPECTED GUESTS, ON ABC'S "RESURRECTION"

"Old Scars" - Margaret convinces Lucille to host a dinner to celebrate Jacob's return, but unexpected guests strain relations in the Langston family to the breaking point. Meanwhile, Bellamy continues to research the history of the mysterious bones, and Rachael receives unsettling news about her baby, on "Resurrection," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 19 (9:00-10:01 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Resurrection" stars Omar Epps as J. Martin Bellamy, Frances Fisher as Lucille Langston, Matt Craven as Fred Langston, Devin Kelley as Maggie Langston, Mark Hildreth as Pastor Tom Hale, Samaire Armstrong as Elaine Richards, Landon Gimenez as Jacob and Kurtwood Smith as Henry Langston.

Guest cast includes Michelle Fairley as Margaret Langston, Kathleen Munroe as Rachael Braidwood, April Billingsley as Barbara Langston, Lori Beth Sikes as Janine Hale, Glenn Fleshler as Mikey Enders, Faye Foley as young Margaret and Naomi Lavette as Tina.

"Old Scars" was written by Pat Charles & Nathaniel Halpern and directed by John Scott.

Read more: Listings - RESURRECTION on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3Gd80rnBE

Old 10-20-14, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Re: Resurrection (S2E04) -- "Old Scars" -- 10/19/14

Okay, so last night's episode was pretty good. I loved how Jacob's mother revealed a side to her that we hadn't ever seen before...meow!

I think only three of us are watching this show now? LOL
Old 10-20-14, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Yeah I guess I'm one of the 3.

Sunday nights are tough for all these shows, including this one to get an ample amount of attention. Most seem to prioritize Football and then the cable dramas like The Walking Dead. Not every show that airs on probably the busiest TV night of the week will get watched right away.

Anyways, I thought this was a solid episode. Michelle Fairly really carried it, especially during the dinner scene. I liked the flashbacks to the returned guy getting burned alive.

Lucille had a good moment when she ripped Barbara for being responsible for Jacob losing 32 years of his life.
Old 10-20-14, 09:40 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I'm the fourth I guess. Thought this episode was terrific. People act like people in this show, not like idiots in shows like Under the Dome (which in the wrong hands this material could easily become) and the mythology they are building is quite interesting. I especially like how people would react in 1930s as opposed to today. Both are believable.
Old 10-21-14, 12:40 PM

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

We're the only three watching it now! LOL