Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E03) - "Making Friends and Influencing People"

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E03) - "Making Friends and Influencing People"

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-14, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

COULSON AND HIS TEAM HUNT A FAMILIAR FACE AS SIMMONS' LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE, ON "MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." ON ABC

"Making Friends and Influencing People" - Coulson and his team race against Hydra to get to Donnie Gill -- a dangerous gifted with the ability to freeze objects -- while Simmons is caught in the crossfire, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Skye, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Nick Blood as Lance Hunter.

Guest starring are Henry Simmons as Alphonso "Mack" Mackenzie, Reed Diamond as Daniel Whitehall, Dylan Minnette as Donnie Gill, Simon Kassiandes as Sunil Bakshi, Adam Kulbersh, as Kenneth Turgeon, Maya Stojan as Agent 33, David Diaan as Elias, Jarrod Crawford as Lead Hydra Agent, Nicholas Roth as Second Hydra Agent, Mo Darwiche as Ship's Captain, and Jesse D Goins as Theo.

"Making Friends and Influencing People" was written by Monica Owusu-Breen and directed by Bobby Roth.

Read more: Listings - MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD on ABC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3FRGEDKj6

Episode 3 of 22
Old 10-07-14, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E03) - "Making Friends and Influencing People"

Does this mean we might see Hercules?
Old 10-08-14, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (S2E03) - "Making Friends and Influencing People"

Cool episode. Enjoyed the plot with Simmons being Undercover with Hydra. Good to have her back in the mix and not as a hallucination.

The ice special effects with Donnie Gill were also pretty cool.

If definitely looks like Ward is being used as a Hannibal Lecter type role. We shall see where this goes with his claim that he knows Skye's Dad is still alive.
Old 10-08-14, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 480 Likes on 352 Posts

Really, really good episode. The show has settled in to a very high quality level. And it's nice to see that they aren't shying away from the super powered characters - that's what most viewers wanted to see from the beginning (and kind of what they promised before the show started).
Old 10-08-14, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked the part with Fitz sucking the air out of Ward's cell.
Old 10-08-14, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
The meteorologist kept cutting into the episode for severe weather advisories last night, so I missed this part. Will have to check it out on Hulu in a couple weeks.

Maybe I've just grown accustomed to the writing and the characters, but I find myself enjoying the show a bit more this season... but I'm still hoping the Peggy Carter series blows it out of the water.
Old 10-08-14, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
I thought Fitz did a great job in that scene. Nice bit of acting there.

But what did Ward warn them about? They knew that that they'd have to face Iceboy and that Hydra might be there too. That was confirmed almost instantly when they had to shoot a couple of agents. So what was the big "they don't know what they're walking into"?
Old 10-08-14, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ytrez

But what did Ward warn them about? They knew that that they'd have to face Iceboy and that Hydra might be there too. That was confirmed almost instantly when they had to shoot a couple of agents. So what was the big "they don't know what they're walking into"?
Ward might have known Ice Kid had a power upgrade. Hmmm but they knew he froze the water around the ship so they knew he was more powerful than before. I don't know what secret info Ward had.
Old 10-08-14, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

He warned them that Blizzard very powerful, and didn't just escape from SHIELD's prison during the chaos, he was responsible for the break out. Also that he was a brainwashed Hydra agent who had broken free of his programming, and that Hydra would be trying to reinstate that programming, so he could be fully brainwashed and loyal to Hydra again by the time they reached him.
Old 10-08-14, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ward warned them that he had already been turned by Hydra before and only needed those phrases spoken to him to bring him back into control.
Old 10-08-14, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts

Originally Posted by ytrez

He warned them that Gill had been programmed by Hydra as a sleeper agent, like Agent 33 and probably what will happen to Simmons in the near future.

The team leader was activating his programming with those "compliance" speeches he was giving him.
Old 10-08-14, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Another good episode.

I like how they now have more equipment they took from Hydra, and Simmons' undercover role.

I'm sure they are going to have to let Ward out of his cell so he can "help" them on a mission in the future - but the show moves along nicely
Old 10-08-14, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/robert_d...el_abc-2014-10

Robert Downey Jr. is interested in making an appearance in an episode of Agents of Shield.
Old 10-08-14, 07:24 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

nice!
Old 10-08-14, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

which means it will never happen.
Old 10-08-14, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

Was Agent#33 ever seen before this evening? I didn't quite get the point of showing her.

Good ep. Looks like they are spending a bit more money this season.
Old 10-08-14, 10:33 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/robert_d...el_abc-2014-10

Robert Downey Jr. is interested in making an appearance in an episode of Agents of Shield.
Like they won't take him up on that

RDJ has to be the greatest actor turn around story ever. Pretty amazing the heights he has achieved from the low he experienced. One of the best lines ever was his too: "just blew my whole deal languages motif"
Old 10-08-14, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fitz was my favorite character last season, especially after the Hydra reveal. Dude had some great scenes. I was afraid that with his condition that we wouldnt see any great character moments from him anymore. Glad to see I was wrong.
Old 10-08-14, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Good episode. This season is starting strong. Such a departure from last season. I actually look forward to watching it now.
Old 10-08-14, 11:34 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

That fitz/ward scene was some great acting (from fitz, not ward). He's killing it this season.
Old 10-09-14, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

It annoyed me at first, but he's putting on a pretty powerful set of scenes. I hope they dont just give him some magic serum and all is well with a single dose.
Old 10-09-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The Ward stuff is actually growing on me. Also glad they didn't waste time showing Simmons' allegiance.

I saw a post on io9 that mentions how funny and stupid it is that Hydra seems to slap their logo on everything for a secret organization (that's since been revealed and supposed to be in hiding).
Old 10-09-14, 12:55 PM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
It annoyed me at first, but he's putting on a pretty powerful set of scenes. I hope they dont just give him some magic serum and all is well with a single dose.
Lol, it's a comic book show. Of course they will, but hopefully in a creative way. My guess is he takes something to fix his brain but becomes a super villian that they need to capture and cure.
Old 10-09-14, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Maybe some "Kree" blood ala Colsen and Skye.
Old 10-09-14, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Was good seeing more Simmons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.