Reload this Page >

NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) -- Series Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 04-01-14, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
NCIS: New Orleans Pilot -- "Crescent City Part II" -- 4/01/14

AFTER EVIDENCE INDICATES THERE IS A COPYCAT OF THE INFAMOUS PRIVILEGED KILLER, GIBBS, BISHOP AND THE LOCAL FIELD OFFICE CHASE LEADS IN NEW ORLEANS, ON THE CONCLUSION OF A TWO-PART EPISODE OF "NCIS," TUESDAY, APRIL 1

Scott Bakula Guest Stars as Special Agent Dwayne Cassius Pride; Lucas Black Guest Stars as Special Agent Christopher Lasalle; Zoe McLellan Guest Stars as NCIS Special Agent Meredith "Merri" Brody; and CCH Pounder Guest Stars as Jefferson Parish Coroner Doctor Loretta Wade

"Crescent City: Part II" - Gibbs and Special Agent Pride chase leads in New Orleans after evidence points to a copycat of the infamous Privileged Killer. Meanwhile, Bishop sends DiNozzo a special souvenir from the Crescent City, as DiNozzo, McGee and the FBI continue to track political connections to the case from D.C., on the conclusion of a two-part episode of NCIS, Tuesday, April 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Scott Bakula guest stars as Special Agent Dwayne Cassius Pride; Lucas Black guest stars as Special Agent Christopher Lasalle; Zoe McLellan guest stars as NCIS Special Agent Meredith "Merri" Brody; and CCH Pounder guest stars as Jefferson Parish Coroner Doctor Loretta Wade.

SERIES REGULARS

Mark Harmon (NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs)
Michael Weatherly (NCIS Special Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo)
David McCallum (Dr. Donald "Ducky" Mallard)
Pauley Perrette (Abby Sciuto)
Sean Murray (NCIS Special Agent Timothy McGee)
Rocky Carroll (NCIS Director Leon Vance)
Brian Dietzen (Jimmy Palmer)
Emily Wickersham (NCIS Probationary Agent Eleanor "Ellie" Bishop)

GUEST CAST

Scott Bakula (NCIS Special Agent Dwayne Cassius Pride)
Lucas Black (NCIS Special Agent Christopher Lasalle)
Zoe McLellan (NCIS Special Agent Meredith "Merri" Brody)
CCH Pounder (Jefferson Parish Coroner Doctor Loretta Wade)

Joe Spano (Senior FBI Agent T.C. Fornell)
Stuart Margolin (Felix Betts)
Aaron Clifton Moten (Forensic Scientist Wendell Hobbs)
Chelcie Ross (Josef Hanlon)
Drew Waters (Spencer Hanlon)
Brit Shaw (Allison)
Jen Nikolaisen (Navy Petty Officer Carla Meade)
Nicole Pettis (Haley)
Jimmy Deshler (Teenager)
La'Jessie Smith (Lamar)
Garrett Kruithof (Maurice Drenault)

WRITTEN BY: Gary Glasberg

DIRECTED BY: Tony Wharmby

Episode 19 of 24

This is Part II of the NCIS New Orleans backdoor Pilot.
Old 09-23-14, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

NCIS: NEW ORLEANS is a drama about the local field office that investigates criminal cases affecting military personnel in The Big Easy, a city known for its music, entertainment and decadence. Leading the team is Special Agent Dwayne Pride, aka "King," a native of New Orleans who is driven by his need to do what is right. Working with Pride is Special Agent Christopher LaSalle, who plays hard but works harder; and Special Agent Meredith "Merri" Brody, a charismatic and tough interrogator who transferred from the Great Lakes office in search of a fresh start. Supporting them is coroner Dr. Loretta Wade, who is as eccentric as she is smart. This colorful city that harbors a dark side is a magnet for service personnel on leave, and when overindulgence is followed by trouble, Pride's team is at its best.

I'm not anticipating much commentary on this show weekly since it's an NCIS show and a crime procedural. But, I'm putting this thread up just in case. Procedural drama threads are mostly a graveyard.

This Pilot aired as a 2-part NCIS episode in the Spring.

I also read this is being shot on location in New Orleans and not faked in Los Angeles.

Currently has a 13 episode order, but this is almost a certainty for a full 22-24 episode season.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-24-15 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-23-14, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) -- Series Thread

Just started watching the two-parter that aired earlier this year. First time watching NCIS. Definitely not really my type of show, but I love Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap being my favorite show ever) so I'm willing to give this a shot for a few episodes at least.
Old 09-23-14, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Not really into NCIS but I watched it for a bit

Scott Bakula
CCH Pounder
James McDaniel

Lucas Black I'm out.
Old 09-24-14, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked the scenery, but I had a hard time staying interested. I don't think this was a good choice for a first episode.
Old 09-24-14, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

17.1M viewers last night. 2nd most watched show last night behind the mothership.

CBS knew they had a winner just by putting NCIS in the title.
Old 09-24-14, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Watching the 1st episode now

Just thought of something.

Paige Turco played Scott Bakula's wife in the backdoor Pilot. I don't know if they plan to bring her back or not. But, she also plays Zoe on Person of Interest, which airs after this. Can you say weird? Zoe is still alive in the POI universe.

That would be freaking weird if she guest starred on both shows this season.
Old 09-25-14, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not bad. It's a pretty standard crime procedural with the New Orleans backdrop. Guess you can call it NCIS Treme But, Bakula is a good lead & has always had charisma and I like Zoe McLellan as the female lead. Lucas Black is alright. He's an either take it or leave it kind of actor. I'm glad this is shot in New Orleans. It adds a lot more to it with the real scenery. The music was good too. You can't fake that with sets in LA. The case of the week was pretty standard so I don't really have much to say about it. James McDaniel was a good guest star. I guess he's was either the father or uncle of the victim. I don't think I heard them say specifically.

Nice to see Mark Harmon get credited as Executive Producer at the end. I know Harmon wasn't a big supporter of the LA spinoff. If the star of the mothership show is supporting NOLA, then that's a good thing. I don't know if I will be talking about this every week, but it already appears the show is a success.

Looks like next week will feature a crossover with NCIS.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20140918cbs06/
Old 09-26-14, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

NCIS is emulating CSI in its pattern of spinoff.

The first one, made over the objections of the mothership's star, seems to have little to do with the original series, it's plots are silly, and the show just seems lightweight.

The second spinoff seems a little more consequential and gritty than the first spinoff but still isn't as good as the original.

In the end, both CSI spinoffs were cancelled while the mothership lumbers on. I don't think that will happen with NCIS. Mark Harmon probably doesn't want to do this forever, and the show wouldn't survive the departure of LJG.

For my part, I like NCIS:NO more than LA, but I think they are laying the N'Orleans on a little thick.
Old 09-26-14, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aintnosin View Post
For my part, I like NCIS:NO more than LA, but I think they are laying the N'Orleans on a little thick.
NCIS: LA is one of my favorite network shows, but mainly because of how cheesy it is (that, and Daniela Ruah). I don't care much for the original show, but I thought I would give NCIS: NO a shot because of Bakula.

It's okay, but I can see the fake accents getting on my nerves. I'll watch this if I'm bored but it won't be appointment viewing.
Old 09-26-14, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by My Other Self View Post
NCIS: LA is one of my favorite network shows, but mainly because of how cheesy it is (that, and Daniela Ruah).
On Ms. Ruah, we can agree whole-heartedly, sir.
Old 09-26-14, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

NCIS is emulating CSI in its pattern of spinoff.

The first one, made over the objections of the mothership's star, seems to have little to do with the original series, it's plots are silly, and the show just seems lightweight.

The second spinoff seems a little more consequential and gritty than the first spinoff but still isn't as good as the original.

In the end, both CSI spinoffs were cancelled while the mothership lumbers on. I don't think that will happen with NCIS. Mark Harmon probably doesn't want to do this forever, and the show wouldn't survive the departure of LJG.

Your comparison to the CSI spinoffs is a little premature. CSI Miami lasted 10 seasons and was at one point a top 10 show. CSI NY lasted 9 seasons and was a really durable Wednesday show. Those shows ended because of age, cost and audience erosion which happens with every show.

Harmon definitely can't do NCIS forever. I believe he's currently on a 2-year deal. Eventually they will have to find a new lead or end the show, but being that it's the most watched show on CBS right now, that ain't happening.

To predict the future of NOLA is also a little premature. It did well ratings-wise, but I think Bakula, McLellan, Pounder and Black need some time to develop the chemistry and the writers need time to learn the characters.
Old 10-01-14, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked the second episode better than the first, but I think it would have been much better if CBS hadn't spoiled the Bubonic plague reveal in all the promos.
Old 10-13-14, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

they going to fit in members of the cast of the original in every episode?
Old 10-13-14, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Was pleasantly surprised to see Mark Harmon guest star last week. I guess there will be a few NCIS crossovers this season.
Old 10-22-14, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

Originally Posted by mikehunt View Post
they going to fit in members of the cast of the original in every episode?
they're definitely trying, now they're bringing in the recurring guest stars

I don't know why. The cast is doing fine on their own
Old 11-25-14, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't know how many here are watching NCIS New Orleans regularly, but tonight is a Quantum Leap reunion

Dean Stockwell guest stars:

Old 01-21-15, 10:08 PM

Good to see those two guys together again. Hard to believe it's been over 20 years since Quantum Leap wrapped.
Old 05-16-15, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: NCIS: New Orleans (CBS) -- Series Thread

it's been a good series so far.
this last episode made me laugh though. so the mortar has a remote control trigger, just knock it over or fill the barrel with rocks and sand
Old 09-22-15, 06:30 AM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Season 2 premieres tonight, 9/22/15.
Old 09-25-15, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not digging Brody with the longer hair. Just sayin'
Old 09-25-15, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not digging Brody with the longer hair. Just sayin'
Disagree. I thought Zoe looked hot with the longer hair. She's had the short boy-ish haircut for so many years. I dig the change.

Interesting plot to start things out. Pride being on that hit list could be an interesting plot device in a future episode.
Old 01-30-16, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I prefer the longer hair.
Still say she should be playing Coates

I'm not liking the agent that came over form atf or where ever. didn't like her in her guest appearances and hate her as a regular

I thought the coast guard character was going to be coming on as a regular, it was hinted at by the dialog the last time she was on

Last edited by mikehunt; 01-31-16 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-20-16, 06:31 AM

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

THE NCIS TEAM TRACKS A SNIPER TARGETING CROWDED EVENTS IN THE CITY, AND FBI AGENT TAMMY GREGORIO ARRIVES TO INVESTIGATE THEIR OPERATIONS, ON THE THIRD SEASON PREMIERE OF "NCIS: NEW ORLEANS," TUESDAY, SEPT. 20
Old 09-20-16, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really enjoy this show. Looking forward to the season premier this evening.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.