The Blacklist (S2E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Lord Baltimore" -- 9/22/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-22-14, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

"LORD BALTIMORE"

09/22/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Monday) : RED CONFRONTS AN IMPORTANT PERSON FROM HIS PAST-- Mary Louise Parker ("Weeds"), Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) and Peter Stormare ("Fargo") guest star--Red continues to battle Berlin (guest star Peter Stormare) and faces a new threat from a man named Lord Baltimore. An important person comes back from the past into Red's world. Meanwhile, Liz (Megan Boone) tries to move forward with her life after her showdown with Tom (Ryan Eggold). Diego Klatenhoff, Harry Lennix, Amir Arison and Mozhan Marno also star. TV-14 V

Currently slated to run 22 episodes. Moving to Thursdays at 9pm in February.
Old 09-22-14, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S2E01) -- Season Premiere -- "Lord Baltimore" -- 9/22/14

Best new dramatic show of last season. Cannot wait.
Old 09-22-14, 02:59 PM

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,064 Posts

I really enjoy Spader in this, but I started to lose interest towards the end of the season. This is on the chopping block for me this year. That part 1 of that 2 part hostage episode was awesome last year. I'll give this a few weeks and see.
Old 09-22-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

My favorite new show of last season... Im on for the this season ride.
Old 09-22-14, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I'll give credit to NBC for this: The Blacklist is certainly the most heavily promoted returning series of the fall. It must have been on the back cover (or cover) of every major magazine the last couple of weeks. They must have spent a ton on advertising.
Old 09-22-14, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 784 Likes on 658 Posts

Megan Boone and Krysten Ritter were victims in the celebrity leaks.
Old 09-23-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

I know not many here got to this last night with the glut of shows.

at the opening scene with Red using the hell fire missiles and then torching the $3M.

But solid start. Good to see Berlin back as a foe to Red and now with him kidnapping Red's ex.

Didn't suspect the multiple personality thing with Ritter's character aka Lord Baltimore. Not the most menacing villain, but still a unique one.

Good to see Megan Boone finally drop the hair extensions and go with her real hair. I read prior to the season that she was planning to go with her real hair this season.

The annulment wasn't surprsing. But Lizzie didn't give an explanation why she's keeping Kean as her last name.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-23-14 at 12:56 PM.
Old 09-23-14, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

She did. Because "Tom Keen" was a fake name to begin with and not his real last name.
Old 09-23-14, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Didn't suspect the multiple personality thing with Ritter's character aka Lord Baltimore. Not the most menacing villain, but still a unique one.

Good to see Megan Boone finally drop the hair extensions and go with her real hair. I read prior to the season that she was planning to go with her real hair this season.
I figured out the multiple personality thing within minutes! I usually never see these things coming.

And Boone didn't only drop the hair extensions. It looked like she lost some weight, too. Although I don't think she needed to.
Old 09-24-14, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by ~~ PAL ~~
She did. Because "Tom Keen" was a fake name to begin with and not his real last name.
So she's going to keep the fake name of her fake husband to what, remember the fake good times they had together?

I also missed why Red was kidnapped and then promptly given up to the FBI, except to make a dramatic commercial break.
Old 09-24-14, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
So she's going to keep the fake name of her fake husband to what, remember the fake good times they had together?

I also missed why Red was kidnapped and then promptly given up to the FBI, except to make a dramatic commercial break.
Given that entire conversation was with an attorney she barely knows, she really did not reveal any intimate thoughts. So yeah, that is as good an explanation as any... The other possible explanation is they want to keep her maiden name a secret for now, to be revealed later.

As far as Red's kidnapping by Mossad, I took it as an introduction to a semi recurring character. The woman had enough smarts to track and nab Reddington, so she is a potential friend/enemy down the line. Mossad wanted Reddington, but the exact reason was never explained as the FBI just promptly snatched him right back.
Old 09-24-14, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great first episode. Looks like the battle with Berlin will be a focus for most of this season, if not the whole thing.
Old 09-24-14, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

Could have done without the whole Lethal Weapon storyline with Ressler and the shrink. If he needs one, why not Liz?
Old 09-24-14, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Great first episode. Looks like the battle with Berlin will be a focus for most of this season, if not the whole thing.
I got the feeling they might wrap it up next episode.
Old 09-24-14, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This show is so ridiculousl that I should hate it. Instead, I just giggle in delight and thoroughly enjoy Spader hamming it up. I even visited a hat store to get myself some Red-style hats to cover my bald head in tribute to the show. I don't pull it off nearly as well as he does.
Old 09-25-14, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 646 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Could have done without the whole Lethal Weapon storyline with Ressler and the shrink. If he needs one, why not Liz?
They mention that everyone else already had a session with the shrink, but Ressler was the holdout.
Old 09-25-14, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jay G.
They mention that everyone else already had a session with the shrink, but Ressler was the holdout.
I think the comment was why not Liz as the shrink. There was a comment during the episode that she is one.
Old 09-25-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by madcougar
I got the feeling they might wrap it up next episode.
That would surprise me and IMO really take away from the way they have portrayed him and the ultimate "Blacklist" number.
Old 09-25-14, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 709 Likes on 517 Posts

I mean aren't they trying to put those two together anyway?
Old 09-25-14, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the comment was why not Liz as the shrink. There was a comment during the episode that she is one.
The conversation in the car as I remember it was Liz asked Ressler if he'd seen the shrink yet. When he indicates not, she mentions that everyone needed to get cleared by the shrink. He then suggests talking Liz instead, as she's a shrink, and she says her professional opinion is to see the shrink.
Old 09-25-14, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That would surprise me and IMO really take away from the way they have portrayed him and the ultimate "Blacklist" number.
Berlin is only number 8 on the Blacklist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...klist_episodes

If the show is optimistically aiming for 8 seasons, they could work their way up from 8 to 7 to 6, etc, with each being a big bad for the season. Berlin's the big bad from last season, so they may want to wrap up the arc early this season to work towards the new big bad and the next cliffhanger season finale.
Old 09-25-14, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The conversation in the car as I remember it was Liz asked Ressler if he'd seen the shrink yet. When he indicates not, she mentions that everyone needed to get cleared by the shrink. He then suggests talking Liz instead, as she's a shrink, and she says her professional opinion is to see the shrink.
Correct. We both saw it that way, but maybe the person asking the question missed that or didn't get what was being said.
Old 09-25-14, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Berlin is only number 8 on the Blacklist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...klist_episodes

If the show is optimistically aiming for 8 seasons, they could work their way up from 8 to 7 to 6, etc, with each being a big bad for the season. Berlin's the big bad from last season, so they may want to wrap up the arc early this season to work towards the new big bad and the next cliffhanger season finale.
Maybe, but IMO their being able to take him out without a lengthy struggle will take away from the build up. And there is no reason they couldn't have another higher ranking baddie as part of the storyline at the same time. They're not all going to have a personal issue with Red, and they could be dealing with a new one while also having to worry what is coming next from Berlin.

I just hope the do a better job of dealing with it than the Mentralist did with Red John. I jumped ship on that one due to that.
Old 09-25-14, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Correct. We both saw it that way, but maybe the person asking the question missed that or didn't get what was being said.
I guess it depends on how you read the original question:
Originally Posted by devilshalo
I read it as, "if he needs one, why not Liz [as well]?"

I think you read it as "if he needs one, why not Liz [be his shrink]?"

I already answered the question the way I read it: Liz also saw the shrink. To answer the way you read it: Liz isn't that type of shrink. She's a profiler, not a therapist, even if her license allows her to do both. Also, due to the fact that she works with Ressler, her viewpoint may be considered biased in terms of clearing him for duty.
Old 09-25-14, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess it depends on how you read the original question:

I read it as, "if he needs one, why not Liz [as well]?"

I think you read it as "if he needs one, why not Liz [be his shrink]?"

I already answered the question the way I read it: Liz also saw the shrink. To answer the way you read it: Liz isn't that type of shrink. She's a profiler, not a therapist, even if her license allows her to do both. Also, due to the fact that she works with Ressler, her viewpoint may be considered biased in terms of clearing him for duty.
And all I was trying to do is cover what I thought was being asked. Not sure why you seem to have taken it so personally.

I happen to agree that even on my take on the comment, Liz could not act as his shrink. Was never trying to say she should.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.