Reload this Page >

Sons of Anarchy -- 105 minute Premiere -- "Black Widower" -- 9/09/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sons of Anarchy -- 105 minute Premiere -- "Black Widower" -- 9/09/14

Old 09-10-14, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,628 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Re: Sons of Anarchy -- 105 minute Premiere -- "Black Widower" -- 9/09/14

That premiere episode felt like 3 hours long. Holy Christ!

at Jax and the boys shooting up that gay preacher, black whore foursome. That was awesome.

So Gemma makes up some bullshit story the Asians were responsible for Tara's murder. That's going to end well. Kind of felt bad for the poor Chinese muscle who Jax brutalized at the end. He really looked terrified.

Did anyone stay up late to watch the Anarchy Afterword post show? That host was pretty freaking awful. They took 2 calls and answered 2 Internet questions and that was it in addition to the interviews. I did enjoy hearing from Charlie Hunnam. Seems like he is losing his English accent. His annunciation was very Americanized.

I was surprised that Sutter said he's still in the middle of writing episode 10. Guess the series finale hasn't been mapped out yet.
Old 09-10-14, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Yeah, not sure why she had to make up that story. She knew the cops had no leads, no suspects, nothing. And of course it'll blow back somehow. And Jax just takes it all at face value, keeps the kid gagged, never even tries to question him, just hacks him up.

And stupid Unger. So he's just giving her a ride and immediately starts digging through her stuff? And then is not very sneaky coming back in without checking if maybe someone might be there. I'm actually surprised Gemma didn't kill Juice, since he's the only one who knows what she did.
Old 09-10-14, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Just a side note

I just rented a movie recently called Cat Run 2

It stars Winter Ave Zoli, who plays Lyla (Opie's widow)

Anyways, horrible piece of shit movie, but a shit load of nudity & sex including lots from Mrs. Zoli.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3461828/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_1

You can find it at Redbox if you dare.
Old 09-10-14, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Any Boardwalk Empire fans here? Looks like we got the actor who plays Joe Masseria playing one of the hispanic bikers. Interesting choice.
Old 09-10-14, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Any Boardwalk Empire fans here? Looks like we got the actor who plays Joe Masseria playing one of the hispanic bikers. Interesting choice.
Also Theo from The Cosby Show. Interesting choice.
Old 09-10-14, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Was excited for some new SOA last night, but that episode was pretty terrible. Great job getting Marilyn Manson to act on the show, but his acting was on par with Quentin Tarantinos. My biggest complaint is that a whole lot of nothing happened last night. Ultimately the episode was boring.
Old 09-10-14, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to agree with most... my expectations for this show are incredibly low and this opener somehow managed to still fall short.

And a near 9 min closing montage is just ridiculous and Sutter run amok... it's one thing to say you need supersized episodes to tell a story (which in Sutter's case is highly questionable and means trying to stuff in as many shock value scenes as possible), but to use the part of that extra time to find a longer montage? He talks up telling a story... but this show has basically become a test to see how many outrageous scenes he can pack in to 60, umm... 105 minutes. And yet despite the attempt... it was just boring with very little story progression.
Old 09-10-14, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk God

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Wow, the premiere last night was the highest rated episode ever. 6.2m viewers and 3.2 in 18-49.

So many basic cable shows are struggling just to get a 1.0. 3.2 is crazy.
Old 09-10-14, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Who sang this version of Bohemian Rhapsody?
Old 09-10-14, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Who sang this version of Bohemian Rhapsody?
The Forest Rangers feat. The White Buffalo, Billy Valentine & Franky Perez

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ongs-exclusive
Old 09-10-14, 10:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jjcool
Was excited for some new SOA last night, but that episode was pretty terrible. Great job getting Marilyn Manson to act on the show, but his acting was on par with Quentin Tarantinos. My biggest complaint is that a whole lot of nothing happened last night. Ultimately the episode was boring.
Wait until Courtney Love fucking shows up.
Old 09-10-14, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Wow, the premiere last night was the highest rated episode ever. 6.2m viewers and 3.2 in 18-49.
Let's hope this doesn't make them change their mind about being the last season!
Old 09-10-14, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just finished Season 6 on Blu-ray, and I'm in no hurry to see Season 7. My lungs are tired from yelling at Kurt Sutter through the TV screen, and the reactions I'm reading from the season premier make it seem like things haven't improved much.

By the way, I'm currently on Season 3 of The Shield. Can anyone tell me if that one goes down the toilet like Sons has, or does it actually hold up to the end?
Old 09-10-14, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jory
I just finished Season 6 on Blu-ray, and I'm in no hurry to see Season 7. My lungs are tired from yelling at Kurt Sutter through the TV screen, and the reactions I'm reading from the season premier make it seem like things haven't improved much.

By the way, I'm currently on Season 3 of The Shield. Can anyone tell me if that one goes down the toilet like Sons has, or does it actually hold up to the end?
The Shield was FN awesome all the way to the end. Great finale as well.

Is anyone else actually wondering about that preacher sex scene? I mean, I get that the two of them were having sex with hookers .... but in what world would a working girl have a gun within .01 seconds reach where the john could see it. Given that they showed the "b" team burying the bodies while everyone attended to dealing with the Asian guy I have a feeling that is going to be the plot point that kicks them in the ass come the end of the show. I need to see that scene again to see what I missed.
Old 09-10-14, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
The Shield was FN awesome all the way to the end. Great finale as well.

Is anyone else actually wondering about that preacher sex scene? I mean, I get that the two of them were having sex with hookers .... but in what world would a working girl have a gun within .01 seconds reach where the john could see it. Given that they showed the "b" team burying the bodies while everyone attended to dealing with the Asian guy I have a feeling that is going to be the plot point that kicks them in the ass come the end of the show. I need to see that scene again to see what I missed.
That kind of bugged me too. The last thing I would want to do is bang some trashy hooker who has a loaded gun near the bed where we're screwing.

I'm sure that was a clear oversight by those preachers.
Old 09-11-14, 12:14 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Holy Christ!
Jesus Christ get it right!
Old 09-11-14, 05:23 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

boringboringtalk... ULTRAVIOLENCE.... boringboringboringboringtalk... ULTRAVIOLENCE.....

at this point I'm just coasting here... I still don't know why many of these people are mad at each other.

someone educate/remind me, what did Juice do to Jax again? I know Juice killed that other SoA member long ago, but that can't be all it's about now...
Old 09-11-14, 05:50 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Jory
I'm just going by the end of Season 6 since I haven't seen the Season 7 premiere yet, but I assume this is it: Jax ordered Juice to kill Darvany, the girlfriend of Arcadio (Dave Navarro) and the mother of the kid who shot up the school. After she died, Nero confronted Jax about it, and Jax lied about having her killed. A while later, Juice admitted to Nero that he killed Darvany on Jax's order. Nero confronted Jax again, and now Jax knows that Juice betrayed his trust.

ahh! thanks! yes, I do remember (most) of that.
Old 09-11-14, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

That was horrible. It was too long, bloated and retreaded water they've done multiple times before. Love the show but its time to be done.
Old 09-11-14, 10:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched the aftershow (terrible by the way, gave me a new appreciation for Chris Hardwick) and never realized Sutter was Otto in the show.
Old 09-11-14, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by banthafett
Wait until Courtney Love fucking shows up.
Don't give him any fucking ideas.
Old 09-11-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We were wondering the same thing. First we thought she pulled it out of her cooter, but that was otherwise occupied.
The other thing in that scene that bothered us, is what type of ID says that someone is a pastor?
Old 09-11-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I watched the aftershow (terrible by the way, gave me a new appreciation for Chris Hardwick) and never realized Sutter was Otto in the show.
Puts a whole new twist on things when you realize the character that has the most butt rape scenes is played by the guy that writes the butt rape scenes.
Old 09-11-14, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I didn't either. Never knew what Sutter looked like.
Old 09-11-14, 08:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was sure i heard jax tell them to bury the bodies in a shallow marked grave. figured it made sense in this bizzarro world.

i don't think i can watch the show and apply normal standards of coherent narrative. for jax to take his mom at her word about the Chinese being involved made zero sense. 99 percent of the shit that goes down happens because of a lie, a miscommunication or misunderstanding. from opie's wife donna, to the this poor asian guy. wo all of a sudden she is trustworthy enough to start a war with the chinese over?

it is like an ultraviolet three's company with no Regal Beagle to eventually straighten things out in.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.