BoJack Horseman -- Netflix cartoon -- S: Arnett, Sedaris, Paul, Brie

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

BoJack Horseman -- Netflix cartoon -- S: Arnett, Sedaris, Paul, Brie

Old 09-29-18, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts
Re: BoJack Horseman -- Netflix cartoon -- S: Arnett, Sedaris, Paul, Brie

“Barf me a river, fart bags” is my new favorite insult.
Old 10-11-18, 05:03 PM

Received 1,889 Likes on 1,115 Posts

I tried BoJack Horseman when it first started and couldn't get into it. Seemed too clever for its own good.

Heard a lot of buzz about the "Free Churros" episode, including here, and thought, okay, I'll give it another shot in the background while working. Found that I really liked it, and by the second season I was hooked. Been a great two weeks. Amazing stuff, I think it's so good. I just finished the "Free Churros" episode a little while ago and wow, just wow. I admit, when I heard the ep was about

Spoiler:
BoJack doing a eulogy

I was sure it was going to be for

Spoiler:
Mr. Peanut Butter, and thought the whole 5 years of detailing the rivalry was building to this, and it really wasn't until he said his mom died that I knew it would be for her. Yeah, she was sick, and when the previous episode didn't have anything about MPB dying ('cause I figured it would be tough to have a death and eulogy in one ep) I figured it would likely be the mom by the end of that one. I'll also offer that I've had some tough issues with my parents and while it's nothing on the level BoJack when to, I couldn't help but think about that. With my own stuff and having taken in all of BoJack's stuff over the last few seasons, yeah, I had a pretty emotional viewing experience. Well done and a half.

That underwater episode is beautiful.
Old 10-30-18, 02:27 PM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts

Renewed: https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/boj...uncyBZoMMNOUtU
Old 09-27-19, 10:06 AM

It’s truly the end of an era: BoJack Horseman will return for a sixth and final season. But you’ll have plenty of time to say goodbye as the episodes will be split into two parts: Part I premieres October 25 and Part II drops January 31
<iframe width="690" height="388" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZOGxOQxXjdo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-27-19, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

That's too bad that Bojack is getting canceled - any idea if it was Netflix's decision or the creators'? Still it's probably good it is getting announced now so hopefully Bojack gets some closure.
This has been by far my favorite show of the last few years - it has meant a great deal to me and I would say has greatly wowed me with some of the stories told and HOW they were told: The Old Sugarman Place, Time's Arrow, Stupid Piece of Sh*t, Free Churro, and That's Too Much, Man! really affected me on a deeply emotional level that I had come to anticipate from Bojack but never expect.

Can't wait for part 1 to drop.
Old 09-27-19, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by fiver
That's too bad that Bojack is getting canceled - any idea if it was Netflix's decision or the creators'? Still it's probably good it is getting announced now so hopefully Bojack gets some closure.
The creator's decision and crafted as the final season.
Old 09-27-19, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

That's good - I'd love to see more BoJack but I am glad the creator has the opportunity to finish the series properly. After reading lots of speculation and rumors on what people expect is in store for BoJack, it'll be interesting to see which way the final story arc goes.
Old 09-28-19, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 550 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
The creator's decision and crafted as the final season.
Aaron Paul's tweet today says the show was canceled and was solely Netflix's decision not to continue.
Old 09-28-19, 06:39 AM

Interested. All the articles from major trades said things like: "Season 6 was written and produced as the final season of the series, so “BoJack” fans will get an ending conceived as such by the show’s creative team."
"The decision to end BoJack, while a creative one from Bob-Waksberg, sees the comedy become the latest Netflix original to close up shop. The streamer recently announced that Grace and Frankie would end with its seventh season as its longest-running original — after the media giant wrapped Orange Is the New Black and revealed that GLOW will conclude with season four."
Old 09-28-19, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

My guess is Netflix said “you get one last season,” so the creators were able to write it as the final season.
Old 11-01-19, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

Damn, I didn't realize they split the last season. That's quite the cliffhanger to end on.
Old 11-02-19, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 109 Likes on 68 Posts

If this series doesn't end with him in prison or dead I'd be shocked. Great half season.