Reload this Page >

True Blood (S7E10) -- Series Finale -- "Thank You" -- 8/24/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

True Blood (S7E10) -- Series Finale -- "Thank You" -- 8/24/14

Old 08-25-14, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: True Blood (S7E10) -- Series Finale -- "Thank You" -- 8/24/14

Originally Posted by Original Desmond View Post
How come Jason and Brigette's daughter looked well older than 3 years ?
I think six or seven years had passed.
Old 08-25-14, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
I think six or seven years had passed.
ok, Eric's ad was a year later, then the stock market was 3 years after that and the party was one year after that so sorry 5 years had passed not 3

Given Brigette had to get preggy, still the daughters looked a bit too old
Old 08-25-14, 07:50 PM

I live in L.A. and I just saw someone driving Alcide Herveaux's truck down the 101 freeway in Encino!

I wonder who got to take that home with them...maybe one of the A.Ds or a writer...it wasn't any of the actors.

I'll throw my two cents in to this being an underwhelming finale.

Imagine being Brian Buckner. HBO hires you and give you their most popular (summertime) series, a cult favorite beloved by fans and says, you got 2 seasons to wrap it up. There's a bunch of shitty storylines up in the air, the writers pretty much painted themselves into a corner and the storyline bible that gives the rules of the show has been broken so many times it no longer matters. The most favorite characters like Steve Newlin and Russell Edgington are also killed off. Good luck! And P.S. don't bring in the fairy war stuff because we didn't know how to execute that well enough and the audience didn't take it seriously

I guess I give Buckner credit. Even though he went the easy route by choosing a happy ending at least half the audience liked it. It does seem like this whole season was more to give the cast themselves closure than it was about entertaining us.

Hey at least we got to see one last scene with town whore/alcoholic Jane Bodehouse at the Thanksgiving table. Didn't she die with the H-vamps in Fangtasia?
Old 08-25-14, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

is there a list of everyone who was at that final picnic table ?
Old 08-25-14, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by onebyone View Post
Ahh that makes sense.

Of course, mine is full of people celebrating Bill dying so I guess it is based on who you follow.

One thing that is probably consistent, is that few really loved the finale. It was a hot mess.

That was such BS I am hoping to forget it asap. Hoyt leaving was one of the most heartfelt moments of the series, and then they go and ruin everything with that mess.

I follow the official True Blood Facebook page. The comments on their posts were brutal, lol!
Old 08-25-14, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The reverend had more screen time in the finale (maybe even the entire final season) than both Sam and Lafayette combined.
Old 08-25-14, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Isnt Jason also part fae? Maybe his kids grow fast...but not as fast as Andy's.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 08-26-14 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-25-14, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Isnt Jason also part fae? Mayne his kids grow fast...but not as fast as Andy's.
I've repressed most of the last few seasons, but didn't Sookie and Jason's fairy grandfather pretty much tell Jason to F off because he didn't get any of the fairy bloodline?
Old 08-25-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Really painful episode to get through, Only good bits were Eric and Pam

I think it was cool Sookie ending up with generic Joe Bloggs.
Isn't Jason part Faerie? Could also be why women were always drawn to him as well (Isn't that from the books?)

How long until Jason's werepanther babies start to show up?
Old 08-25-14, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
The reverend had more screen time in the finale (maybe even the entire final season) than both Sam and Lafayette combined.
Yeah, that really pissed me off. Back in the beginning Sam was a much more important character almost at a level of Bill or Eric, but even Andy got more to do this episode than Sam.

Also, no interaction between Sookie and Eric this episode? I read that it was partly due to Alexander Skarsgard's filming schedule for the Tarzan movie.

How is anyone supposed to know that Bill "died" and that his house should go to Andy now? Are they just gonna take Sookie's word for it? He could be in hiding somewhere. And is Andy stuck paying the property tax bill while Jessica & Hoyt live there basically for free?

I think they said that the Jason didn't inherit any faerie from his parents (was it their mother or father)? Speaking of that, I would have liked to see Sookie's cousin again. She was nice...

Last edited by windom; 08-26-14 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-25-14, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Final episode spent way too much time on Sookie and Bill, so it was boring as shit. Pretty much the worst finale of any True Blood season and definitely a horrible way to end the show.
Old 08-26-14, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by windom View Post
And is Andy stuck paying the property tax bill while Jessica & Hoyt live there basically for free?
That's what I was thinking when Bill said that. "Oh sure, I'll pay the $10,000+ a year property taxes for Jessica and Hoyt!"
Old 08-26-14, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
Isn't Jason part Faerie? Could also be why women were always drawn to him as well (Isn't that from the books?)

They never said it explicitly on the show, but in the penultimate episode I think they alluded to that idea from the books (with the phone call to the airlines and other dialogue). Even in this episode when Sookie finds out they didn't sleep together, she's shocked.
Old 08-26-14, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

The show alluded to a lot that ended up just being completely pointless or otherwise forgotten five minutes later.

I mean, the whole Bill potentially turning human or the plan that Bill wanted Sookie to kill him using her faerie power to no longer be fae and live a normal life - only to just forget that later in the episode is proof that the writers just don't give a shit.
Old 08-26-14, 08:00 AM

Maybe that was Hoyt's kid with Brigette.
Old 08-26-14, 08:28 AM

Was disappointed that Lafayette didn't have any screen time in the finale. Overall, thought it was pretty weak. Best moment was Eric in the car and his scenes with Pam.

They should have used the money on hiring a better script writer than dolling it out for the use of Zeppelin's 'Thank You'.
Old 08-26-14, 10:11 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

The thing about S5 on is Sookie was pretty much shoehorned in. Hell, maybe even S4 on. She was almost completely superfluous to the S5 arc, and was marginally involved in the S6 vamp jail arc as sort of a middle man because of Bill/Warlow. Because she's the star we had to keep following her, even though she had outlived her usefulness to the main story arcs they were trying to tell. Even in this final season they made a half-hearted attempt to make her relevant again, but she was really just a MacGuffin for moving all the other characters around.

Now there are a lot of things I like in both season 5 and 6... I think if the major storylines in those two seasons had been mashed together (as in an all-out war between the S5 Lillith Authority and the Governor's anti-vamp campaign from S6) -- cutting out crap like Billith and all the pointless side stories with Alcide, Terry, and so on -- they might have pulled a good season out of the best stuff from each.
Old 08-26-14, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
The show alluded to a lot that ended up just being completely pointless or otherwise forgotten five minutes later.

I mean, the whole Bill potentially turning human or the plan that Bill wanted Sookie to kill him using her faerie power to no longer be fae and live a normal life - only to just forget that later in the episode is proof that the writers just don't give a shit.

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that the writers were going to have her use her power, and they would both end up normal humans, but the Internet guessed the ending so the writers changed the ending at the last minute to say "fuck you Internet, you can't do our job!"

I mean, if that's not the case, why else would they introduce such a HUGE deus ex machina only to not use it? It really makes no sense to me. It actually upsets me, lol.
Old 08-26-14, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
I'm pretty much convinced at this point that the writers were going to have her use her power, and they would both end up normal humans, but the Internet guessed the ending so the writers changed the ending at the last minute to say "fuck you Internet, you can't do our job!"

I mean, if that's not the case, why else would they introduce such a HUGE deus ex machina only to not use it? It really makes no sense to me. It actually upsets me, lol.
It would have been more upsetting if Bill and Sookie got to live life as humans wouldn't it?
Old 08-26-14, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It would have been more upsetting if Bill and Sookie got to live life as humans wouldn't it?
I might have sat down and watched the series again if the ending weren't so insulting. As it is, I'm planning to sell the three seasons of TRUE BLOOD I do own.

We can thank THE WALKING DEAD and GAME OF THRONES for this new TV trend of killing off your main characters and thinking you're giving viewers what they want. The only recent show where a character's death actually made sense to the story that came before it was
Spoiler:
Breaking Bad
Old 08-26-14, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They also spent the whole boring season with the flashbacks and Bill's long dull talks about his past, making it seem like he was OK with dying. Had she hit him with a fireball & they both turned human, that would've sucked too and seemed like a biig cheat. Plus, what kind of message is that, "To be happy you must have babies, get married and lose what makes you special." Like what? Of course, "Kill yourself and help your loved ones find happiness" is pretty lame too. Either way, the finale was bound to suck with this route they went down. They really needed Alan Ball to come back & try to fix this show with a decent finale, but alas, it was not to be.
Old 08-26-14, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
I might have sat down and watched the series again if the ending weren't so insulting. As it is, I'm planning to sell the three seasons of TRUE BLOOD I do own.

We can thank THE WALKING DEAD and GAME OF THRONES for this new TV trend of killing off your main characters and thinking you're giving viewers what they want. The only recent show where a character's death actually made sense to the story that came before it was
Spoiler:
Breaking Bad
The deaths in GOT are for the most part direct from the books. No fan service in those.
Old 08-26-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Not to me. Plus, they both would have been making a sacrifice for the other, and would have been rewarded for doing so. I think it would have been a good ending for two characters who belonged together.

Pretty much anything would have been better than Selfish Sookie committing vampire murder though. Just some of the sloppiest writing I've seen.

The writers make it a big deal that she has this ball of light that she can only use once, so it has to be used for something BIG, but she never ends up using it. Okay, thanks a lot for letting us know.
Old 08-26-14, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Truthfully, that ending would have at least been seen as "Well, I saw that coming because they actually dropped hints and alluded to it".

The ending we got was completely pulled out of one's ass and makes even less sense given that it does feel that they took a hard left turn to where they were pointing it to go.
Old 08-27-14, 07:24 AM

So did Adilyn end up marrying her brother or not?

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.