DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   7 Deadly Sins (Showtime) - Morgan Spurlock series (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/621673-7-deadly-sins-showtime-morgan-spurlock-series.html)

dex14 08-08-14 06:02 PM

7 Deadly Sins (Showtime) - Morgan Spurlock series

Dark, twisted and wildly entertaining, 7 DEADLY SINS proves that truth really is stranger than fiction. Acclaimed, Oscar®-nominated documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (SUPERSIZE ME) presents an outrageous, modern day interpretation of the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride. Each episode presents a story around one of the sins that is so extreme you won't believe it's non-fiction. It's humanity like you've never seen it, and you won't be able to look away.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RCeeouhoVZw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone check this out last night?

Th first episode was gluttony... I found some of it rough to watch.

DJariya 08-09-14 12:10 AM

Re: 7 Deadly Sins (Showtime) - Morgan Spurlock series

I was thinking about talking about this last night.

Yes, I watched the premiere last night on Showtime. Yeah rough is a pretty good word to use. It's strangely shot and presented.

I actually kind of enjoyed the Heart Attack Grill presentation. That owner seems a like a whack job. I found that segment a little sad as well. Most of those fat guys in that segment are probably going to be dead within the next 5-10 years from a heart attack or stroke.

The restaurant website is also super weird

http://www.heartattackgrill.com/

:wacko: That fat bitch who gets aroused from stuffing her face and goal is to get even fatter. Yuck, that was a pretty disgusting segment. And her stupid ass boyfriend. Good Lord. :lol: I found her repulsive.

writer106 08-09-14 11:33 AM

I haven't watched this show yet, but The Heart Attack Grill restaurant was featured on a Travel channel show a few years ago and I agree the owner seems like a whack job.

Abob Teff 08-09-14 04:36 PM

Morgan "Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story" Spurlock?

whotony 08-09-14 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff (Post 12194736)
Morgan "Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story" Spurlock?

Not sure If that has anything to do with the show currently being discussed.

I didn't see anything in this first ep that was presented as fact.

Anyway the first segment was interesting even if it wasn't anything new but
the second one was fast forward material. Couldn't watch, wasn't interested.

DJariya 08-29-14 12:57 PM

Watched the episode from 2 weeks ago "Lust".

Here's what was covered:

Granny sex (young dude who loves banging 60-90 year old chicks)

Old Fart preacher who loves brothels.

Dude who owns a company that produces plastic animal genitalia for those into beastiality. We're talking about plastic dog, rhino, horse genitalia.

:wacko:

The dude into Granny sex is fucking weird.

I think I just threw up watching this.

whotony 08-29-14 01:28 PM

Yeh what's with these kind of shows that seen to just try and be gross?

HBO' s Real Sex was the same.

DJariya 08-29-14 01:34 PM

Just finished "Wrath" from this past week.

Pretty boring episode. Just talking about weapons and people with anger issues. Nothing even remotely interesting.

PhantomStranger 08-29-14 01:37 PM

I grew tired of Spurlock's schtick years ago. I have to give it to him, he's made an entire career off that one documentary about McDonalds.

dex14 08-29-14 02:20 PM

I couldn't make it through the 2nd episode. You're a brave man to continue with this show DJariya.