Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Who the Frack watches Honey Boo Boo ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-14, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Who the Frack watches Honey Boo Boo ?

Totally get why people would hate this show. I've never seen a minute of it outside of promos. Regardless, comments about the little girl are pretty crappy. I'm sure she's had no choice in any of this nonsense most of her life. Her mother is the one who's exploited her. And if she's fat, that's also the mother's fault for not raising her better. TLC hasn't done her any favors either putting her out there like some sort of backward hillbilly.
Old 10-27-14, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Legally can convicted child molesters even be around kids when they get out of prison?
Old 10-27-14, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, kinda odd that he is a registered sex offender and he's around her kids.
Old 10-27-14, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

"The Thumb" is one of the funniest things I have heard in a while.
Old 10-27-14, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I watch boo boo.

I honestly thought this show as a joke and knew about boo boo from the Soup. One day I was flipping channels and got sucked into an episode, and then another episode, then the daughter gave birth to a baby with 2 thumbs... I was hooked

Here is why I watch, and I have told people at dinner parties and people have come back and said to me a few days later "I can see why you like that show"

1) In a day and age where reality television is about consumption, status, what you wear, where you live, and acting up for the cameras..this family is the exact opposite

2) They have nothing in life but each other - and their honest love for each other truly shines - you NEVER get to see this in such a pure form. Alina had such a pure heart, I would feel happy by watching her be happy in her innocence and love for everyone around her.

3) They were a non conventional family who made the best out of their situation, didn't complain, fight, blame someone else - they had each other and truly appreciated the 'riches' of having each other in their lives and made the best of everything.

3) The production crew / film crew knew what we wanted to see: They would sit them outside when it was hot and lost of gnats around to film them swatting them away, getting bugs in their mouths etc. The house literally had a train running through the yard..and they never hesitated to show this (they would sit in folding chairs by the tracks for interviews etc.).

I will say as the children got older some of the 'situations' became a bit scripted and not a real as the first couple of seasons - but it was good to watch as there were real issues underpinning the episodes.

I was upset to learn about this news and could not believe that June got rid of Sugar Bear (who loved her and kids that were not his so much)..
Old 10-27-14, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

She is a brat

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/m8_CcMYqcXc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-27-14, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol..... again what is going on in Hollywood???? Who would even produce something like this and secondly who would watch this hillbilly inbreeding family?? WTF???
Old 10-27-14, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Now that the show has ended what have we learned from The Learning Channel's broadcasts of this show?
Old 10-28-14, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts

People are fucking stupid and will watch anything; only way to explain this and the Kardashians, and Jersey Shore etc...
Old 10-28-14, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
Now that the show has ended what have we learned from The Learning Channel's broadcasts of this show?
They dropped "The Learning Channel" from their moniker years ago. TLC doesn't mean anything now.
Old 10-28-14, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gE3C1BWE3a4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-28-14, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by j.j. smith
Lol..... again what is going on in Hollywood???? Who would even produce something like this and secondly who would watch this hillbilly inbreeding family?? WTF???
TLC is a Maryland-based network and Honey Boo Boo was filmed Georgia. Who said anything about Hollywood?
Old 10-28-14, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.

I watch boo boo.

I honestly thought this show as a joke and knew about boo boo from the Soup. One day I was flipping channels and got sucked into an episode, and then another episode, then the daughter gave birth to a baby with 2 thumbs... I was hooked

Here is why I watch, and I have told people at dinner parties and people have come back and said to me a few days later "I can see why you like that show"

1) In a day and age where reality television is about consumption, status, what you wear, where you live, and acting up for the cameras..this family is the exact opposite

2) They have nothing in life but each other - and their honest love for each other truly shines - you NEVER get to see this in such a pure form. Alina had such a pure heart, I would feel happy by watching her be happy in her innocence and love for everyone around her.

3) They were a non conventional family who made the best out of their situation, didn't complain, fight, blame someone else - they had each other and truly appreciated the 'riches' of having each other in their lives and made the best of everything.

3) The production crew / film crew knew what we wanted to see: They would sit them outside when it was hot and lost of gnats around to film them swatting them away, getting bugs in their mouths etc. The house literally had a train running through the yard..and they never hesitated to show this (they would sit in folding chairs by the tracks for interviews etc.).

I will say as the children got older some of the 'situations' became a bit scripted and not a real as the first couple of seasons - but it was good to watch as there were real issues underpinning the episodes.

I was upset to learn about this news and could not believe that June got rid of Sugar Bear (who loved her and kids that were not his so much)..
You do realize the "reality" in reality TV is completely manipulated, whether the subjects are rich or poor. I would imagine the affection these yokels show for each other on the show is far from the truth.
Old 10-29-14, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never watched this show I only saw them on Family Feud once. That was enough.
Old 10-29-14, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
You do realize the "reality" in reality TV is completely manipulated, whether the subjects are rich or poor. I would imagine the affection these yokels show for each other on the show is far from the truth.
I know there is manipulation - but unless you watched some of the early episodes, you can not comment on how genuine their affection is for one another.

For me - I 'felt' that they have something special in their non-traditional family that is something that money can not buy. You may feel a different way, and are entitled to that feeling.
Old 10-29-14, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,202 Likes on 2,067 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
TLC is a Maryland-based network and Honey Boo Boo was filmed Georgia. Who said anything about Hollywood?
Hollywood is where all the gays are. That's reason enough to blame them.
Old 10-30-14, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I watched a couple of episodes. The family did seem to genuinely love one another.