Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: You're The Worst (FX) - Season 1 Thread - Thursdays starting 7/17/14

Same. Such a funny, well written show.
Old 09-18-14, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
I'm going to be so upset if this doesn't get renewed.
Me too. Boy do I love this show. Probably my favorite comedy of the last few years.
Old 09-18-14, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if tonight's finale ends up being the series finale, I'm okay with that based upon how it ended tonight. I would love for it to get picked up and find a following a la It's Always Sunny.

I'm also surprised that the entire season took place over two weeks.
Old 09-19-14, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,190 Likes on 4,217 Posts

Man that was good. I hope FX looks at the critical response here and keeps it going. Shows this good, especially network comedies don't come along very often. Great stuff again.

Glad Flo got her cat back.
Old 09-19-14, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Actually, it was two months and two weeks.

But yeah... This show needs to get renewed. There's no justice in the world that Tyrant gets renewed but such an amazing show like this doesn't.
Old 09-19-14, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Great finale, loved the whole party. Am I the only one that thought when Gretchen bent down to pick up the key that she was going to give him a BJ? Not sure if it was set up that way or i'm just a perv.

Really hope this show comes back, it's great.
Old 09-19-14, 06:58 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Actually, it was two months and two weeks.
Yea... the 2 weeks comment was in reference to the time apart after she broke things off after finding the ring.
Old 09-19-14, 07:31 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Great finale last night. Like most everyone else, really like this show and hope it gets renewed. Production costs can't be terribly high and with a bunch of largely unknowns, hopefully FX is willing to give it a little more time to catch on with a larger audience.
Old 09-19-14, 08:04 AM

Next party I have, I'm making trash juice!

I do agree this would be a great paring with Sunny... but that would require the move to FXX, which could lose viewers. If they make FXX available to anyone who has FX, and really try to brand it as their comedy platform, it could work though.

Last edited by dex14; 09-19-14 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-19-14, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Even if tonight's finale ends up being the series finale, I'm okay with that based upon how it ended tonight. I would love for it to get picked up and find a following a la It's Always Sunny.

Edgar specified either last week or the week before that it has been a couple months.
Old 09-19-14, 10:01 AM

Creator Stephen Falk:

TVLINE | I’m obviously glad Jimmy and Gretchen are moving in together, but I’m more amused with how she burned her apartment down.

I try to always make sure that if we bring something up, it gets used. For instance, in Episode 4 we found out Gretchen has a vibrator attached to Christmas lights because she doesn’t have an extension chord. That could have just been a one-off joke, but a lot of the fun of the show is giving everything a double use. Also, the shop cat wasn’t just forgotten; we returned him to his home in the finale.

TVLINE | The looks we saw on their faces at the very end make me think Jimmy and Gretchen are having second thoughts. Accurate?

Well, it is terrifying, but it’s also an homage to the end of The Graduate. They’d just had this big moment where he stole her away from her wedding and they’re sitting on the back of the bus — and it wasn’t actually them acting, they just thought the take was over, and they looked away. Anytime we do anything, take any big step, there is a deep well of panic below that, even if we’re sure we want to do it. It’s f—ing scary. And particularly these people, they’re not going to settle in in Season 2 easily. I wanted to show that.

TVLINE | I also morbidly loved watching Lindsay’s world crumble around her, as well as Paul’s guilt over an emotional affair — especially when Lindsay was literally banging the mailman eight hours earlier.

[Laughs] Poor Lindsay. We had a funny idea, early in the season, for Jimmy and Gretchen to emerge as the sanest, most normal-seeming couple. Meanwhile, they’ve sort of destroyed everyone else’s relationship around them. It wasn’t intentional, but when you get too close to Jimmy and Gretchen, there can be a big fall-out. It tickles me to destroy people’s lives on screen, and it’s also a nice turn to realize that Paul’s not just the poor, cuckolded husband. To see him get a bit of balls in Episode 10 — even though it’s so silly the way he announces it as a “conscious uncoupling” — is very satisfying.

TVLINE | Considering they’re consciously uncoupling, and Lindsay’s unemployed, might she also have to move in with Jimmy?

That’s certainly a possibility, but the fact that Paul says he wants a divorce doesn’t necessarily mean that there will be one. I could completely change my mind, but right now I think there’s more between Paul and Lindsay to discover and have fun with as they try to figure out what comes next. … And he did mention the girl he’s having the emotional affair with, Amy from the chat room, so perhaps we’ll meet her.

TVLINE | Have you heard anything about a second season?

No, and that’s sort of the million-dollar question. We’re hopeful, and I think FX knows what they want to do. They play things very close to the vest. I didn’t know they were going to pick up the show until weeks and weeks after everyone told me it was good. They have strategic ways and timeframes to announce things. [Just being done with Season 1] is a little melancholy, because we all love the show so much. We’re a weird, insanely happy family, and while I’m tired and need a break, I’m excited about the prospect of getting another season. It’s been such a blast.
Old 09-19-14, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Wow, that was a spectacular finale to a fantastic season. Brilliant show. I loved the hell out of the party scene and fight.

I foresee FX renews this but cancels Married. This has way more critical acclaim, same ratings and probably costs a bunch less than Married does.
Old 09-19-14, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Am I the only one that thought when Gretchen bent down to pick up the key that she was going to give him a BJ? Not sure if it was set up that way or i'm just a perv.
You're not the only one. I thought it must be a set up since I thought the same thing, but no one else here is copping to thinking the same thing here. We're not the only ones, dammit.
Old 09-19-14, 01:47 PM

I thought the same thing.
Old 09-19-14, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i thought about the BJ too
Old 09-19-14, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Of course you're not the only ones. That was the whole purpose of that shot to focus on Jimmy a little confused and surprised. Then it went with a left turn.

Damn, this better get renewed.
Old 09-19-14, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here.
Old 09-19-14, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Just making sure, I figured it was the gag since he mentions earlier how great the other girl's BJ's were
Old 09-19-14, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 846 Likes on 591 Posts

That was excellent.

I even find the secondary characters Becca and Vernon hilarious.

This better get renewed.
Old 09-20-14, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Laertes
You're not the only one. I thought it must be a set up since I thought the same thing, but no one else here is copping to thinking the same thing here. We're not the only ones, dammit.
i was expecting her to try using the sour face BJ technique referenced earlier.
Old 09-20-14, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So the whole bit about the woman getting diarrhea while jogging and then borrowing a hose from a Mexican gardener has to be based on a story straight from the Howard Stern. It actually happened to Robin Quivers and she told that story on the air. I can't believe that it could be a coincidence.
Old 09-20-14, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought this episode was awesome. I can't recall many shows firing on all cylinders in its freshman season the way this show has. I genuinely like and care about all of the main characters, it's funny, well-written and full of charm.

Like others, I agree this would pair much better with Always Sunny. It's like the exact opposite of Married. I just hope FX is smart enough to see this show's potential and give it another season.
Old 09-20-14, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by My Other Self
I can't recall many shows firing on all cylinders in its freshman season the way this show has.
Arrested Development and Coupling easily come to mind.
Old 09-20-14, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by windom
So the whole bit about the woman getting diarrhea while jogging and then borrowing a hose from a Mexican gardener has to be based on a story straight from the Howard Stern. It actually happened to Robin Quivers and she told that story on the air. I can't believe that it could be a coincidence.
Runner's Trots are a fairly common thing.

Yeah, gotta warn you here...
Old 09-20-14, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

You know as much as I want a second season of this show, at least it's complete. Anyone hesitant about jumping in would be a fool, it's a near complete one season storyline with plenty of jumping off points for S2.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.