DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Longmire - Season 3 Thread - Mondays on A&E (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/620409-longmire-season-3-thread-mondays-e.html)

dex14 06-02-14 09:32 AM

Longmire - Season 3 Thread - Mondays on A&E

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...58778977_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...04deb606e36b76

A&E Network's critically acclaimed hit series "Longmire" returns for a third season on Monday, June 2 at 10 PM ET/PT. The series stars Australian actor Robert Taylor as Walt Longmire, the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming, along with Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Cassidy Freeman and Adam Bartley. "Longmire" continues as the network's #1 original drama series of all time in total viewers with season two averaging 6 million, a record for any A&E drama season delivery (based on Live+7 viewing). In season three of "Longmire," Walt finds himself reeling from a series of devastating traumas. His best friend, Henry Standing Bear (Phillips), is going to prison on murder charges. Deputy Branch Connally (Chase) has been shot by a mysterious "white warrior," and Vic Moretti (Sackhoff) is unsure if she has shaken a stalker from her past. Walt is forced to shoulder all of these burdens and try to find a way to set the world right again, but one person knows he can't do this alone - his daughter, Cady (Freeman). She will fight in court to try and clear Henry's name while Walt continues to unravel the dark, mysterious secrets of Absaroka County. The deeper Walt digs into all these mysteries, the closer he'll get to uncovering the real bloody hand behind his wife's murder.
10 episode 3rd season, premiering June 2nd.

uteotw 06-02-14 10:47 AM

Re: Longmire - Season 3 Thread - Mondays on A&E

TOTALLY stoked this is back. 24 + Longmire makes for a great Monday night.

Cellar Door 06-02-14 11:52 AM

Yes! Looking forward to seeing Walt and his crew back in action.

Why So Blu? 06-02-14 11:55 AM

Man, I just got the first two seasons on Blu-ray and it is a stellar show. I'm only halfway in the first season. Oh, and Peter Weller makes an appearance and directs some episodes.

I'm lovin' it!

Why So Blu? 06-02-14 11:59 AM

Also, I knew I recognized Robert Taylor. He's aged quite a bit but He was Agent Jones in the first Matrix flick.

"Only human."

Traxan 06-02-14 12:17 PM

Well it has been 15 years. Plus he was made up to look not-fully-human in the Maxtrix flick.

I got my parents into the show. Mom was shocked when I said he's an Aussie. I keep hoping to find an interview with him speaking in his natural accent.

And I really hate that this show is only 10 shows per season. Like Bates Motel, I wish it ran 14-16.

Cellar Door 06-02-14 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12124618)
Also, I knew I recognized Robert Taylor. He's aged quite a bit but He was Agent Jones in the first Matrix flick.

"Only human."

You just blew my mind!

DJariya 06-02-14 12:27 PM

Last season was 13 episodes, hmmm wonder why the cheap bastards at A&E cut the episode order. This is one of their highest rated shows.

So Henry is in jail, Branch got shot and the Vic stalker storyline is still lingering from last season.

Why So Blu? 06-02-14 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Traxan (Post 12124634)
Well it has been 15 years. Plus he was made up to look not-fully-human in the Maxtrix flick.

I got my parents into the show. Mom was shocked when I said he's an Aussie. I keep hoping to find an interview with him speaking in his natural accent.

And I really hate that this show is only 10 shows per season. Like Bates Motel, I wish it ran 14-16.

There's a bunch of interviews with him and the cast in the special features on the BD.

True, he also had a much softer voice in The Matrix. Here, he's grizzled as hell.

uteotw 06-02-14 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? (Post 12124618)

"Only human."

Wow. I had no idea.

movieking 06-02-14 01:24 PM

Love this show. Thanks for the reminder, I'll definitely be tuning in.

Why So Blu? 06-02-14 01:28 PM

And Katee Sackoff is still fine as fuck!

:hump:

Geofferson 06-02-14 01:49 PM

I still have to burn through the last few episodes from season 2. Need to get on that.

DJariya 06-02-14 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Geofferson (Post 12124722)
I still have to burn through the last few episodes from season 2. Need to get on that.

I had 4 episodes from season 2 I needed to watch and I spent 1 day burning through them on Netflix when they were released last week.

The last few episodes are a mandatory watch heading into season 3. Deals with some of the overall story arcs this show has covered.

BearFan 06-02-14 02:38 PM

Very cool, I really like this show.

darkdaze73 06-02-14 05:05 PM

A&E just finished marathoning season 2. Just got done watching the season finale which was excellent. I'm looking forward to getting back to watching this. Kind of a downer that it's down to 10 episodes though.

Cellar Door 06-02-14 06:15 PM

Just rewatched the last two eps of S2 on Netflix. Damn good stuff. That scene where the cops are searching Walt's house and Cady opens the tea box, shaking and sobbing--man that really gets to me.

Traxan 06-02-14 07:19 PM

I loved the episode with Gary Farmer because he's just so damn good an actor. That was the one with the murdered Indian psychic. And I really did a double take when I saw Gabrielle Carteris. I don't think I'd seen her since 90210, when she was 30 and playing a teenager. Be interesting to see what we have for guest stars this season. I personally would love an appearance by Hugo Weaving or Edward James Olmos for nostalgia.

dex14 06-02-14 07:28 PM

I think we have more posts in this thread already before the premiere than any of the Season 1 threads.

My Other Self 06-02-14 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 12124649)
Last season was 13 episodes, hmmm wonder why the cheap bastards at A&E cut the episode order. This is one of their highest rated shows.

I thought Season 2 was initially a 10-episode order but A&E decided to produce an additional 3 episodes afterwards.

Sucks it's only 10 episodes. Easily my favorite Summer program (and one of the best shows on TV).

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12125117)
I think we have more posts in this thread already before the premiere than any of the Season 1 threads.

It seems to be finding its audience. It doesn't have the grit of most cable shows but it has great stories and acting all around.

Traxan 06-02-14 10:04 PM

That was a hell of a start to the season. But I have a feeling the show will be more about Walt and his issues than the crimes that happen around the county.

And Matthias is becoming my favorite supporting character.

DJariya 06-03-14 02:13 AM

Really solid 1st episode.

It's looking like season 3 will be more serialized than procedural. The guy who shot and poisoned Branch is still out there. Also, Walt is trying to prove Henry's innocence. But things aren't really clear on who the real killer may be.

I'm sure Walt and Vic will still tackle some crimes here and there, but it's judging by the preview for the season, it looks like more of a 10 chapter Longmire mystery book.

Also noticed the 1st episode ran 65 minutes. I wonder if the re-airs will also be extended.

Why So Blu? 06-03-14 10:46 AM

I knocked out season 1 yesterday and am watching the 2nd episode of season 2 now. I'm hooked.

Traxan 06-03-14 08:24 PM

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...e-more/269763/

Bowed with 3.8 million viewers and a 0.7 share.

Why So Blu? 06-05-14 06:46 PM

Got around to watching the first episode of the 3rd season and I am fucking hooked! Stellar show!