Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes of Cosplay - Season 1.5

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-14, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Re: Heroes of Cosplay - Season 1.5

hopefully it will be back for another season. Riki must have used a ton of double sided tape to stay in that outfit.
Hook looked too happy. the teeth made her look like she was smiling instead of being scary
Old 07-02-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

A pretty good wrap up to the season, though once again I wish they didn't spend 3/4 of the episode showing us "ohmygod I'm not gonna finish in time!" I would have rather seen more of the construction of the costumes, or more of the other costumes in the contest, like the "best skit" Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Yaya's costume was pretty bad-ass. I wish she hadn't cut those ropes/tassels off, though. But she looked awesome and seemed to handle the stilts okay once on stage.

The Soul Calibur girls looked great--even Katie who apparently spent more time whining about how she wasn't going to have her costume finished than she did actually working on the costume. Kindra does really good work, and she seems pretty cool--I'm glad they added her to the mix. And Riki... goddamn! That's going to provide me some "material" for later.

Even though Jessica, Holly, and Chloe are my favorites, I was a little surprised that they won the top prize since Holly's Captain Hook was the only costume in their group that looked all that complicated. Still, it was a good concept and I'm glad they got some love.

All in all, I liked this "1.5" season better than the first six eps. I think having more players--including more guys--helps round things out better. I'd be in for a season 2 if there is one.
Old 07-02-14, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,017 Likes on 628 Posts

Syfy gallery photos, spoilered for size:

Yaya
Spoiler:

Chloe
Spoiler:

Jessica
Spoiler:

Holly
Spoiler:

Riki
Spoiler:

Indra
Spoiler:

Katie
Spoiler:
Old 07-02-14, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Cellar Door
And Riki... goddamn! That's going to provide me some "material" for later.
TMI, man .
Old 07-13-14, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

According to Chris Hardwick's twitter, he and Chloe have split.
Old 07-14-14, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I missed this thread around the time of the finale. Riki certainly went all the way with that costume design in the finale.

I'd like for the show to come back, though it got increasingly formulaic with the typical, last-minute "problems" that always seemed to arise before a contest.
Old 07-15-14, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
According to Chris Hardwick's twitter, he and Chloe have split.
Oh dear lord, no! Why didn't I get a CNN alert about this!?
Old 09-09-14, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I realize this is probably a stretch but, after hours of googling and searching trying to find it on my own I admit I need help and have come to seek assistance. In the first episode of season 1.5 or episode 7 of season 1 (however you wish to view it) at the very beginning they show a few cosplayers with the voice-over narration saying "They are the iconic characters from videogames, comic books, anime..." and Right at the "anime" part of the sentence they show what seems to be a man in a black suit with a completely wrapped/bandaged head with what appear to be tentacles coming out of the back of his head. I have searched and searched and found no answer to who this supposed "anime" character is. Please, can any of you help? I've noticed you are adept at naming characters on sight based off costumes and would love to finally be relieved of this mental rubiks cube of an inquiry. Any direction At All would be helpful. I hope someone reads this, and thank you in advance for any help offered!
Old 09-09-14, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JayKay7
I realize this is probably a stretch but, after hours of googling and searching trying to find it on my own I admit I need help and have come to seek assistance. In the first episode of season 1.5 or episode 7 of season 1 (however you wish to view it) at the very beginning they show a few cosplayers with the voice-over narration saying "They are the iconic characters from videogames, comic books, anime..." and Right at the "anime" part of the sentence they show what seems to be a man in a black suit with a completely wrapped/bandaged head with what appear to be tentacles coming out of the back of his head. I have searched and searched and found no answer to who this supposed "anime" character is. Please, can any of you help? I've noticed you are adept at naming characters on sight based off costumes and would love to finally be relieved of this mental rubiks cube of an inquiry. Any direction At All would be helpful. I hope someone reads this, and thank you in advance for any help offered!
A screen cap or similar image from Google Search would be a lot of help in identifying this character.
Old 09-15-14, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
A screen cap or similar image from Google Search would be a lot of help in identifying this character.
Hi, I tried to reply here with the screen caps but ran into some issues. Sent you a msg/email. I apologize if that was overstepping my bounds/not in keeping with the codes of conduct on the forum.
Old 09-15-14, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Hi, I tried to reply here with the screen caps but ran into some issues. Sent you a msg/email. I apologize if that was overstepping my bounds/not in keeping with the codes of conduct on the forum.
Definitely out of the social norm around here JayKay. If fact, by doing that you are now Phantom's fiancée.
Old 09-16-14, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's fine, don't worry about it. Here are the pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127845...n/photostream/

I would post this question in the anime section if I were you, someone there would almost certainly recognize the character. It looks to be a villain of some kind from a recent anime. I do watch anime but can't place him.
Old 09-16-14, 12:13 AM

That's Slender Man. Not an anime character but an urban legend. I dressed as him a couple Halloweens ago minus the tentacles.
Old 09-16-14, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by CrashNBurn69
That's Slender Man. Not an anime character but an urban legend. I dressed as him a couple Halloweens ago minus the tentacles.
This was taken at an anime convention and the tentacles seem very anime to me. I would agree it's Slender Man if it didn't have tentacles. The wrapped head look is fairly common in anime villains.
Old 09-16-14, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This was taken at an anime convention and the tentacles seem very anime to me. I would agree it's Slender Man if it didn't have tentacles. The wrapped head look is fairly common in anime villains.
Googling Slender Man, many images portray him with the tentacles
Old 09-16-14, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What is it with the Japanese and tentacles? It's frigging creepy.
Old 09-16-14, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's possibly a villain from Future Diary.
Old 09-16-14, 12:23 PM

Googled "animate miami slender man" and there he was! Thanks you guys for all your help, that was Killing me! Couldn't find any anime with SlenderMan in it though..
Old 09-16-14, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Googled "animate miami slender man" and there he was! Thanks you guys for all your help, that was Killing me! Couldn't find any anime with SlenderMan in it though..
Slender Man is a strange cult character created on some kind of web forum, that got a bit of notoriety when teens claimed it was their inspiration for their crimes.
Old 04-18-15, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this show done? I noticed its not anywhere on Sy Fy's website or xbox app.
Old 04-18-15, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought I heard it was getting another season. It's so cheap to produce I thought it would get an automatic renewal.