TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Revolution -- Series Finale -- "Declaration of Independence" -- 5/21/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-14, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Revolution -- Series Finale -- "Declaration of Independence" -- 5/21/14

"DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE"

05/21/2014 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : IN THE SEASON TWO FINALE, THE STAKES ARE HIGHER THAN EVER AS THE PATRIOTS PLAN FOR WAR Miles (Billy Burke), Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Monroe (David Lyons) launch an attack on the Patriots, but must improvise a risky new plan in order to halt the oncoming war between California and Texas. Out for revenge, Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) sets his sights on President Davis (guest star Cotter Smith). Meanwhile, Aaron (Zak Orth) and Rachel's (Elizabeth Mitchell) efforts to save Priscilla (guest star Maureen Sebastian) from the nano-tech has unexpected consequences. Also starring Stephen Collins, Mat Vairo, Steven Culp, Anthony Ruivivar, M.C. Gainey, Colby French, Billy Lush TV-14 LV

Last episode of the series. Cancelled as of May 9th.

If you've made it this far and watched all 41 episodes coming into this, you might as well finish it off.
Old 05-21-14, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts
Re: Revolution -- Series Finale -- "Declaration of Independence" -- 5/21/14

I stopped watching this show because I found the first few episodes to be beyond stupid but I don't understand why they wouldn't let them film a 2 hour movie finale type episode once they knew they were going to cancel it. It looks like these shows that get cancelled would sell better on DVD/BD if they just finished them.
Old 05-21-14, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All I want to know is if it ends on a stupid cliffhanger.

I watched last season, but haven't watched a single episode of this season yet and likely won't bother if there's no resolution.
Old 05-22-14, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it ends with a cliffhanger set up for "next season". Grrrrrr... could've been interesting. Oh well!
Old 05-22-14, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger, the patriot story line does get resolved, but there's certainly a set up for another season in the final minutes.
Old 05-22-14, 02:37 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I bailed after the first couple of episodes. Anyone care to tell me, cliff's notes version, why there wasn't any electricity?
Old 05-22-14, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Hitler.
Old 05-22-14, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apparently viewers are still grieving because the Wikipedia entry hasn't been updated for the last episode.
Old 05-22-14, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
I bailed after the first couple of episodes. Anyone care to tell me, cliff's notes version, why there wasn't any electricity?
I bailed on this too - but would like to know what the outcome was
Old 05-22-14, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Revolution - Season Three - The Comic

Everyone else is doing it!
Old 05-22-14, 06:06 PM

There was no power because
Spoiler:
Elizabeth Mitchel made nano-tech to shut it off and it was used as a military weapon but went out of control and later gained self awareness and at the end of this episode was set to lobotomize the human race because people are terrible people.
The end.
Old 05-22-14, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

This show got my attention with the action-adventure, apocalypse setting during Season One.

This show lost my attention with the sci-fi nano-tech stuff, especially Aaron's powers, during Season Two. C'mon, really?!
Old 05-22-14, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I will miss the good ol' days when no one here knew Aaron's name and we just called him Fatty McGoogle.
Old 05-23-14, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

But we will never know if he was a cannibal or not
Old 05-23-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
I will miss the good ol' days when no one here knew Aaron's name and we just called him Fatty McGoogle.
I thought that was his real name!

That has to be one of the best nick names ever.
Old 05-23-14, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by TGM
You can thank Obama or Fatty McGoogle ate it.
Old 05-23-14, 08:18 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

what a shitty ending - NBC should just pony up the money to do a two hour true conclusive episode and show it on SyFy.
Old 05-23-14, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/4...tion-season-3/

Something called #‎RelocateRevolution‬ is getting a lot of attention as well.

Fans have organized enough chatter to get the attention of actors as well.
Maybe it will work maybe it will just fall on deaf ears. At least NBC and the cast see there is love for the show.
Old 05-24-14, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I stopped watching this show because I found the first few episodes to be beyond stupid but I don't understand why they wouldn't let them film a 2 hour movie finale type episode once they knew they were going to cancel it. It looks like these shows that get cancelled would sell better on DVD/BD if they just finished them.
Exactly. I couldn't get past the third episode of this show, but I still think it deserves a proper finale. I hate series like The Sarah Conner Chronicles where the networks cancel them without warning and the whole thing is left hanging. You'd think it would be in the best interest of the production companies that own these shows to finance some sort of 2-hour-long series finale just to cap off the story and give it some sense of closure. That would increase its potential lifespan in the home video market and with future syndication runs, not to mention reward the loyal fans that stuck by it.
Old 05-24-14, 11:30 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by TGM

They revealed near the end that "Revolution" is actually a follow-up to "Escape from LA". Season finale had an old Snake Plissken showing up and declaring "It's time to escape from Texas!"

Pinky swear that happened.
Old 05-25-14, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Turns out they were all in purgatory. When they attempted to turn off the nano they actually set off all remaining nukes.
In the closing scene, Miles tells Monroe that he was a real good "number two," and Monroe replies that Miles was a great "number one."

Aaron was seen wondering the earth as a zombie. Fitting as he was a suspect of being a cannibal to begin with.
Old 05-25-14, 03:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you'd think if KickStarter campaigns can get movies off the ground, these shows could get a decent conclusion...even if it doesn't completely wrap up every plot thread, at least it would give a clear indication of what would happen.

Still think that with a 22- or 23-episode season, the renewal decision ought to be make in time for the writers to have 5 or 6 episodes to tie up everything. With a show such as Revolution, that'd be pretty easy since it's mainly been a capture/escape/recapture/re-escape scenario since the first episode.

Honestly...44 or 45 episodes and this is all that's happened? It's a time-killer to watch while sorting through papers, etc., so not terrible. But I can't remember any particular 'big moments' that were especially memorable.

I'd think that almost anyone commenting on this thread could come up with a decent two-episode conclusion to the series. Heck, one episode ought to do it.
Old 05-25-14, 11:55 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
I'd think that almost anyone commenting on this thread could come up with a decent two-episode conclusion to the series. Heck, one episode ought to do it.

With the whole "evil nano town" thing, I'm just going to assume they probably would have ripped off "The Stand" in it's ending with Monroe in the Trashcan Man role, and Miles as, per his Willoughby persona, in the Stu Redman role.

Somewhere along the way, there will somehow by "good nanos" involved who assist the them, and it's through their effort that allows all of the evil nano to be concentrated in evil nano town when Monroe does his thing.

In the end, the good nanos end up co-existing with humanity as the world is rebuilt again.

Oh, and there would have been at least two more scenes that involved sideboob Charlie. Just sayin'
Old 05-26-14, 01:21 PM

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

This show makes me sad.

I don't know if there was ever any behind the scenes turmoil with the showrunner or writers or producers but it felt like at several points the tone of the show changed and we ended up with this clunky mess.

I was actually excited at hearing the premise and couldnt wait to see the pilot. Even though it was dumbed down for the 8:00 family viewing hour I thought it sounded promising. It sounded like the best parts of 'Jericho' mixed in with The Hunger Games and Cormac McCarthy's excellent novel, 'The Road'.

The first season felt like they didnt really know where they were going at first, until thankfully they killed off Charlies stupid brother and then the last five episodes came together and we learned the secret behind why the power was out. This part of the show also employed the use of flashbacks which, altho they directly ripped off 'Lost' provided a sharp comparison to how much the character's lives had changed with power versus without. By the series finale it felt like they finally were firing on all cylinders.

Then this season we got the decision to make the nano sentient and suddenly make Aaron's seemingly useless character into the most important man on earth. They also chose to focus on our 'merry group of rebels' battling the various political factions trying to rise to power while committing nefarious deeds.

Both of these things were mistakes. Aaron should never have agreed to fix the problem with the nanites making them invincible. This left nowhere to go since the God-like nanites could act as a reset button at any point in any storyline resurrecting dead characters or killing anyone at any time. The fighting rebels storyline sucked all the momentum out of the show. They got stuck in some random Texas town and never went anywhere else interesting. We lost all of the fun parts of seeing what the effects of this catastrophe had brought.

This show could have been so much more if the writers had stuck with the ideas of Season 1. I suspect production costs must have had something to do with this. Im sure it was cheaper to film the same location every week but if you are going to lose viewers by doing so why bother creating the show?

I just wish this premise could be done well by some TV show. Jericho also had great episodes only to stumble on itself after killing off Gerald McRaney's character.
Old 05-04-15, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
Revolution - Season Three - The Comic

Everyone else is doing it!

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/04/excl...ok-com/#Image1

Season 3 officially premiered today....as a digital comic.

It's 4 parts. Part 1 was released today. The writers of the show promised to wrap everything up in these 4 parts. It looks like a really short read.

I know no one here is going to read it, but I thought I would bring it up for anyone here who even remotely cares to see how it ends.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.