Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I'm sorry but I just have to share the Continuum love.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

I'm sorry but I just have to share the Continuum love.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-14, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Re: I'm sorry but I just have to share the Continuum love.

Here's something that doesn't make sense from end of s1/start of s2.

Spoiler:
Alec tells Kiera that she's not going to believe why he sent HER back, and then in a later ep she asks him why he sent her back and he tells he doesn't know. He's not even hiding it because he explicitly told her.
Old 05-24-14, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

I think the suit was damaged early on, hence why she couldn't go invisible.

Not sure re: Alec. Would have to go back and research.
Old 05-27-14, 08:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Ah. And I watched the whole season in about a week so it's not there was that much time in between, it would have been worse over a few months. Wonder why she stopped using it?
She can't use the invisibility if she's wearing her present-day clothes over it. So its not usually immediately available to her as an option.
Old 05-27-14, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,006 Likes on 624 Posts

Regarding the scifi elements in the show:

Continuum has the "feel" to me of classic scifi BECAUSE the technology and time travel are just plot devices used to explore weighty human themes involving ethical issues and personal and public responsibilities to loved ones and to society. And it's very well written.

This is in contrast to some shows that are just "Look, we're scifi because we've got 7 different kinds of aliens! And laser guns!"
Old 05-27-14, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

It's a hybrid, aside from the flashy tech of the first season Continuum was more in line with a cop procedural than real sci-fi. It gets heavier into time travel and its implications later on, which it probably should have in the beginning.
Old 02-01-23, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

I watched a few episodes of season one, and as it never seems to show up on any of my streaming services, I decided to buy the whole thing from iTunes aka AppleTV --- only to discover it is gone. It definitely was there. I'm guessing the DVDs are also out of print, but I've graduated from spinning disks to online only. Why have they stopped selling (never mind streaming) Continuum online??
Old 02-01-23, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,006 Likes on 624 Posts

According to justwatch.com, it's currently only available in the Microsoft store: https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/continuum
Old 02-01-23, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Cellar Door
According to justwatch.com, it's currently only available in the Microsoft store: https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/continuum
So I was about to reply that you are wrong: clicking your link on my iPad took me to the JustWatch app and it told me: "Sorry, Continuum is not available". But for the heck of it, when I got home I tried on their website, and sure enough, it is available via Microsoft. I guess JustWatch determines that iOS/AppleTV are not compatible with Microsoft, so it doesn't mention it. So on the website, I also decided to pick another country -- I chose France, and there you can stream it: both on Amazon Prime and Canal+. Honestly, even more bizarre -- streaming works in Europe, but not in the US. The logic of the movie/TV industry and their international distribution rules is way beyond my comprehension. Also their retail rules: sure, will sell it to you for Windows devices, but not Apple devices?!?

Edit: sure enough, there it is: https://www.canalplus.com/series/con.../4444198_50071
And from what I can tell, Canal+ works on AppleTV and yes, you can get it in the US. I guess the only question is, do they have only a dubbed in French version of Continuum, or do they have the original as well.

Last edited by Ted Todorov; 02-01-23 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-01-23, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

I loves me some Continuum. I have all four seasons on BD and have watched the series through several times. I dig those Sci-Fi Channel shows like Continuum, Warehouse 13, Eureka and 12 Monkeys. The only one that was a turd was the Battlestar Galactica remake.
Old 02-01-23, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I liked Continuum, but never picked it up on physical media. I always assumed it would be on a streaming service. That sucks that it's gone.
Old 02-02-23, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
I loves me some Continuum. I have all four seasons on BD and have watched the series through several times. I dig those Sci-Fi Channel shows like Continuum, Warehouse 13, Eureka and 12 Monkeys. The only one that was a turd was the Battlestar Galactica remake.
For me it's the other way around. I can't stand Warehose 13, Eureka and those other cheap looking shows, but I loved BSG, despite the stupid finale. Continuum was OK, but I stopped watching in Season 2.