Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Cagayan -- "Straw That Broke the Camel's Back" -- 5/14/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-14, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Survivor: Cagayan -- "Straw That Broke the Camel's Back" -- 5/14/14

CASTAWAYS SCALE NEW HEIGHTS AS THEY BATTLE FOR A GUARANTEED SPOT IN THE FINAL FOUR, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MAY 14

"Straw That Broke the Camel's Back" - Castaways scale new heights as they battle for a guaranteed spot in the final four. Meanwhile, friends become enemies when one castaway overhears plans for her eviction, and Tony comes up with a strategy for his special Immunity idol, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

Solarrion Tribe
Spencer Bledsoe
Trish Hegarty
Yung "Woo" Hwang
Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen
Tony Vlachos

Eliminated Castaways:

Brains Tribe
David Samson (1st Voted Off)
Garrett Adelstein (2nd Voted Off)
J'Tia Taylor (4th Voted Off)
Latasha "Tasha" Fox (13th Voted Off)

Beauty Tribe
Brice Johnston (3rd Voted Off)
Alexis Maxwell (7th Voted Off)
Morgan McLeod (9th Voted Off, Jury)
LJ McKanas (10th Voted Off, Jury)
Jeremiah Wood (11th Voted Off, Jury)
Jefra Bland (12th Voted Off, Jury)

Brawn Tribe
Cliff Robinson (5th Voted Off)
Lindsey Ogle (6th Off, Quit)
Sarah Lacina (8th Voted Off, Jury)
Season Finale is next Wednesday.
Old 05-14-14, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Re: Survivor: Cagayan -- "Straw That Broke the Camel's Back" -- 5/14/14

Tony comes up with a strategy for his special Immunity idol
What strategy do you need? If your name comes up most, you use the idol. Why get stupid now?
Old 05-14-14, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts

Agreed --- Tony is in the top 3 no matter what (as he deserves to be).
Old 05-14-14, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Strategy, in this case, I would guess is more of forcing people to vote for him so he can dictate who gets voted out when he plays it.

If no one votes for him, it has no real power.
Old 05-14-14, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Too bad Morgan wasn't still around for the mud challenge.
Old 05-14-14, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God, I hate Kass.

I really do hope its final two between tony and the devil.

Obviously, tony did not want trish around.
Old 05-14-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Can someone explain why Tony voted for Trish?
Old 05-14-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I think Tony made a bad move tonight. Trish wouldn't have betrayed him. Clearly, his plan is to make people believe that the special idol can be used at final four so they won't vote him out.

By showing two idols, he was basically making it so no one would vote for him tonight. He should have handed the regular idol to Trish before the votes were read. That way his plan is still in tact, and his closest ally is still in the game.
Old 05-14-14, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 184 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by conscience
God, I hate Kass.

I really do hope its final two between tony and the devil.

Obviously, tony did not want trish around.
For someone who thinks they're so smart and strategic, what's the point of Kass flipping Trish the bird after she graciously wishes everyone good luck?

I want to hear Tony talking about his Trish vote. That seemed to come out of nowhere. I guess he likes his chances more with Woo at the end than Trish. Not sure I agree but I guess there's an argument to be made since Woo has been a strategic and (surprisingly) challenge non-factor.

Is there some big tv event the show is avoiding next Sunday? Has there been a 2-hour finale before with only 1 vote out?
Old 05-14-14, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
Is there some big tv event the show is avoiding next Sunday? Has there been a 2-hour finale before with only 1 vote out?
I think they fell behind b/c of the Winter Olympics. Amazing Race has it's finale on Sunday so Survivor loses it normal finale spot.

I think it's probably a final 2 this year.
Old 05-14-14, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by windom
Can someone explain why Tony voted for Trish?
He wants people in the final that the jury would not want to vote for. That's why he's keeping Kass around. As for the other person to bring to the final, not sure how the jury feels about Spencer but Woo really hasn't done much, good or bad. At least that's how the edit feels.
Old 05-14-14, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I think Spencer is the only person who has a shot against Tony, who is pretty much guaranteed final 3 since he alone knows the idol's power. Still, Tony should have kept Trish around. She'd be SO much easier to beat than anyone else. Don't know why he didn't give her his idol tonight.
Old 05-14-14, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Tony MUST have thought that Trish was too "likable" to make the finals. Otherwise, it was too easy for him to just give Trish the idol, and only use the special one if he DID receive any votes. I am surprised, however, that he actually voted for her. Not that his vote will get exposed, but if he doesn't vote for Trish, he can at least maintain that he kept loyal to her, even when he (seems to have) wanted her gone.
Old 05-14-14, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, if Tony was truly thinking that Trish could beat him (I don't think he was) then cutting her isn't a bad move. Other than obviously Spencer, I do think she stood the best chance of beating him.

If she could explain herself, and have been backed up by LJ and Jefra, she could at least make a case. Woo may be likeable, but he's been a total lap dog for Tony. He betrayed the same people Tony did, only he didn't really know what he was doing.
Old 05-14-14, 10:50 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm assuming because it's Memorial Day weekend.
Old 05-14-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I think it's probably a final 2 this year.
I thought Final Two vs Final Three was always connected to how many tribes there were at the start of the game.

This game started with three (beauty, brains, brawn), so I thought the expectation was a 3-person finale.

I could very well be wrong.
Old 05-15-14, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There's always usually two tribal councils in the finale so that would make it a final two.
Old 05-15-14, 04:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Tony's move to not give the idol to Trish and keep her around. Opposed to weaving this stupid lie about how the Tyler Perry Idol gives him immunity in the final 4 is perplexing.

Even more confusing that he voted for Trish. I guess her line about her not doing anything bad to any jury member went to Tony's head quickly. I don't know if he just thinks he needs to blind side everyone in the game to win.

I still think Kass is the worst god damn player of Survivor ever. Her decisions have all been based out of emotion and pettiness. No way else to explain this

Kass: "Tony has pissed everyone off. If I can make it to the end with him, I think I can win."
Tony: "Kass, I'm planning to take you to the end with me."
Kass: *Sets the world ablaze.* "KHAOS, BITCHES!"

Last edited by Jackskeleton; 05-15-14 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-15-14, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

I don't understand Tony's vote either...he and Trish should have voted for Woo, and he should have given Trish the other idol. Now it's guaranteed that EITHER Spencer or Woo will be one of the final three - so they have to be the favorites to win.

Tony can't use that other idol (last night's tribal was the last time it could be used). The only logical reason for him not to use it is to trick the others into think the 'special' thing about it is that he can still play it at the next tribal. I think it was a dumb move, since if you keep Trish and vote out Woo, you know Kass doesn't want Spencer in the final three. Oh well, we'll see how it works out for him.

Jeff Probst says the finale will include live cut-ins during the episode on Wednesday:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/15/su...inale-changes/
Old 05-15-14, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I too thought that he would give the idol to skeletor. Then he could have chosen either woo or kass. Then he and skel would still have a voting bloc and he could continue the idol ruse. He really is not much better than kass, he just got lucky with the idols.
Old 05-15-14, 09:03 AM
Banned

Is there some big tv event the show is avoiding next Sunday?
Let's see...find out the result of Tyrion's demand for trial by combat...or watch the Tony Show (and the ever-increasingly lame "reunion" shows)?

Tough choice.
Old 05-15-14, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess here for the Tony vote is that everyone knows that if they go to the finals with Spencer, he will win. So maybe they decided to keep the 3 most likely to beat him in the next immunity challenge.
Old 05-15-14, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Aw man, if Spencer picks up another immunity win in the next challenge, I think Wu is in some trouble, as he's the most likable of the remaining plalyers.
Old 05-15-14, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Aw man, if Spencer picks up another immunity win in the next challenge, I think Wu is in some trouble, as he's the most likable of the remaining plalyers.
Unfortunately for him, Wu will be seen as someone who rode coat tails all season.
Old 05-15-14, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

Darq...Tony's vote was exposed if you check out Trish's Ponderosa videos (speaking of, I love how CBS no longer makes you click on up to three separate videos to check out everyone's Ponderosa video...each voted off survivor gets one Ponderosa video).

Everyone who is a fan of Survivor should check out the Ponderosa videos for the jury members before viewing the final episode. People were pissed off that Trish kept saying she was happy to be voted off, and while I see their point...Trish was just beat down to nothing (skinny as a skeleton, hairier than I am after I skipped shaving for a whole week, and mentally fried, she was a bigger non-factor at the challenge than usual).

It is really easy to say that she only had 3 more bleeping days and it would have taken the guys all of 10 seconds to trade places with her and keep themselves in the game (watch the video), but those guys were in better physical/mental shape when they were voted off the island (and even then...LJ, right, that dude's Ponderosa video consisted of us hearing about him having a nasty case of the big D, and seeing him get an IV set-up...so easy to claim Trish is wrong for being relieved at leaving the game when you have had a chance to recharge your batteries).

I pretty much know that Tony wins if anyone but Spencer is part of the top two/three, and Dalton at EW might be wrong to worry so much about BJS (Bitter Jury Syndrome) handing the prize to Kass/Woo. Tony was right to take out Trish, other than Spencer, she was the only real threat to win the big prize.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.