DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrow -- Season Finale -- "Unthinkable" -- 5/14/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/620060-arrow-season-finale-unthinkable-5-14-14-a.html)

DJariya 05-14-14 02:08 PM

Arrow -- Season Finale -- "Unthinkable" -- 5/14/14

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...98860303_n.png

WEDNESDAY, MAY 14

SEASON FINALE

ARROW

"Unthinkable" - (8:00-9:01:15 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

OLIVER MUST DECIDE ONCE AND FOR ALL IF HE'S A KILLER OR A HERO - Slade (Manu Bennett) moves forward with his plan to kill one more person in Oliver's (Stephen Amell) life. While Oliver has fought all year to be more than the killer he once was, when Slade kidnaps someone close to Oliver's heart, Oliver is pushed to the edge and realizes sometimes it takes doing the unthinkable to stop the monster. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) takes on Amanda Waller (guest star Cynthia Addai-Robinson) with a little help from some friends, and Thea (Willa Holland) turns to Roy (Colton Haynes) in her time of need. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Andrew Kreisberg (#223).

Episode 23 of 23

Should find out by tomorrow if Arrow and Flash will be paired together this Fall.

Superman07 05-14-14 04:06 PM

Re: Arrow -- Season Finale -- "Unthinkable" -- 5/14/14

I haven't read any spoilers. My theories, either Oliver takes drug to stop Slade or Thea/Felicity/Laurel kill somebody.

Axeramm 05-14-14 07:38 PM

If the I Love You to Felicity was just part of the plan to out think Slade I am going to be so pissed.

robin2099 05-14-14 08:17 PM

Pretty good season finale. It seems like the editing for it though was kind of choppy so I wonder if the episode ran long and they had to edit it down.

Ugh really hope Sara leaving to go back with the League and giving Laurel her leather coat is their way of passing the torch. I really don't want to see a season of Oliver training Laurel.

Willa Holland looked hot at the end of the episode and I'm looking forward to seeing what the writers do with her and Malcolm.

Damn that shot of Oliver stabbing Slade in the eye was viscous.

Overall a really good finale. They set up some plot for next season and new flashbacks for next season so I'm very interested to see where it goes.

Mok 05-14-14 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Axeramm (Post 12106707)
If the I Love You to Felicity was just part of the plan to out think Slade I am going to be so pissed.

I'm glad it was.

anomynous 05-14-14 09:06 PM

Slade will definitely escape especially since he's already gotten off the island once.

Deftones 05-14-14 10:33 PM

that tunnel scene was pretty badass. :up:

so who is thea going to turn into now? i guess that's the kick in the ass roy needed to continue to be a vigilante.

that speech to slade at the end reminded me of a monologue batman would have.

so they put slade back on the island? haha. awesome.

i like that there's not going to be anymore island flashbacks. they needed to move past that.

Hokeyboy 05-14-14 10:36 PM

Great episode and a slambang finale. Man I love this show :up:

mwbmis 05-14-14 10:54 PM

Good finale, thought I am surprised that no one but River died. They found a way to write Sara off w/o killing her so I guess that's a good thing if they want to use her later.

So Thea feels like she's been lied to and manipulated so her solution is to run off with the man who tried to murder half the city. Good plan.

PhantomStranger 05-14-14 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by robin2099 (Post 12106738)
Pretty good season finale. It seems like the editing for it though was kind of choppy so I wonder if the episode ran long and they had to edit it down.

Ugh really hope Sara leaving to go back with the League and giving Laurel her leather coat is their way of passing the torch. I really don't want to see a season of Oliver training Laurel.

I noticed the really choppy editing as well, this episode must have been heavily rushed or cut down from a longer version.

I didn't find this finale a masterpiece considering how well everything has been handled in season two, much of it seemed very concerned with setting up next season. I did find the switcheroo with Oliver's confession to Felicity pretty tricky, though the strange dialogue kind of hinted it was intended to be misleading. Oliver should have sold it by kissing her.

It's a bummer they killed off Summer Glau's character. I assume Thea will return as another costumed hero/vigilante/bad girl after receiving training from her father.

Placing Olivier in Hong Kong should pay off, I can think of several characters he might come across.

Xiroteus 05-14-14 11:21 PM

Good final and I like how Arrow wraps up the current storylines and opens up a couple for next season with no major cliffhangers.

Tom Creo 05-14-14 11:23 PM

Wow. They ended the season with a flashback. Lol

Cool to see Deadshot and the Suicide Squad again. I'd rather see that show instead of that lame ass Flash.

Jcheckel 05-14-14 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Deftones (Post 12106889)
so who is thea going to turn into now? i guess that's the kick in the ass roy needed to continue to be a vigilante.

When she was going through Roy's stuff, I thought we might be seeing the beginnings of Speedy

i like that there's not going to be anymore island flashbacks. they needed to move past that.
The island will be back in the flashbacks eventually, don't forget that's where he was rescued from, and it looked like he had been back there a while.

Superman07 05-15-14 06:45 AM

Not going to lie, despite some cool moments, I was rather let down by the finale. So much was leading up to it, I suppose it had a lot to live up to. Maybe like all you said it was a lot to cram in.

I don't know how I feel about the Hong Kong twist.

I will say the double fight scene editing was fantastic. One of the best on the show to date.

mrhan 05-15-14 10:55 AM

There was a mention of Easy Co. I was hoping they were going to show up with Sgt. Rock.

anomynous 05-15-14 11:51 AM

Barrowman to be regular in Season 3

robin2099 05-15-14 04:40 PM

I will say I forgot to mention that I was disspointed with how Isabel died. After her animosity with the Queen family for her to go out the way she did was just lame.

johnnysd 05-15-14 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mok (Post 12106807)
I'm glad it was.

Nah, he meant it. Totally meant it.

draven31 05-15-14 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mok (Post 12106807)
I'm glad it was.

Originally Posted by johnnysd (Post 12107816)
Nah, he meant it. Totally meant it.

According to stephen and marc g.. Oliver totally meant it. He just let Felicity think he didn't.

Superman07 05-15-14 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by robin2099 (Post 12107772)
I will say I forgot to mention that I was disspointed with how Isabel died. After her animosity with the Queen family for her to go out the way she did was just lame.

Sounds like she went out the way she came in - on her knees in the Queen Consolidated office. :rimshot:

DJariya 05-15-14 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Superman07 (Post 12107036)
Not going to lie, despite some cool moments, I was rather let down by the finale. So much was leading up to it, I suppose it had a lot to live up to. Maybe like all you said it was a lot to cram in.

I don't know how I feel about the Hong Kong twist.

I will say the double fight scene editing was fantastic. One of the best on the show to date.

I have to agree with you. I felt a little disappointed by it. Some cool moments, but I felt alot of momentum was leading into it, but it didn't leave us with a great payoff or shocking moment. Sending Slade back to the island aka purgatory was kind of cool.

I really don't understand Thea's issues. She's gotten more and more annoying as the season progressed.

The Hong Kong twist at the end with Ollie and Waller was interesting. I'm curious to see how it fits creatively into the 5 years lost by Ollie.

PhantomStranger 05-15-14 08:33 PM

I imagine that Ollie and Waller have a relationship at some point in the flashbacks. That is the only reason to cast a young, hot actress in the role instead of Waller's previous profile.

I think they didn't allow Slade enough screen time wailing on Oliver in the fight. Oliver should have come out of that confrontation barely walking.

RocShemp 05-15-14 09:03 PM

I wish Thea died.

I had to laugh when Laurel called 911 instead of calling to Sara and her LoA pals on the boat.

Loved the finale overall and that was a great speech from Ollie to Slade.

randian 05-15-14 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 12107965)
I wish Thea died.

I had to laugh when Laurel called 911 instead of calling to Sara and her LoA pals on the boat.

Thea's motivations make no sense.

That was rather stupid of Laurel. Why did she think 911 would be functioning amidst that much chaos?

PhantomStranger 05-15-14 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 12107965)

That was one of the scenes that felt off from the beginning, like it got tacked on after Caity Lotz had already left. She is like ten feet away given how they shot the scene and Laurel acts like Sara is a thousand miles away.