Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Last Show You Binged?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-14, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Last Show You Binged?

Our local library recently started carrying Dexter, so my wife and I have watched 6 seasons so far in the past couple months. It's kind of weird watching it go so far downhill, it had a fantastic start. I have to admit though, I'm intrigued how it's going to end.
Old 06-23-14, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Our local library recently started carrying Dexter, so my wife and I have watched 6 seasons so far in the past couple months. It's kind of weird watching it go so far downhill, it had a fantastic start. I have to admit though, I'm intrigued how it's going to end.
I never watched Dexter but heard it was decent then went downhill. I recently saw it on a list of shows that screwed the pooch on the finale. Poor Yvonne Strahovski. Two shows in a row that screwed up the finales.
Old 06-23-14, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I still haven't watched Dexter but its availability on Netflix has piqued my interest. I just don't know how much time I want to invest in a show that has a notorious quality dip and a terrible finale. This seems to be an overall consensus of the show in general so I'm a bit leery.
Old 06-23-14, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Fuck Dexter.

I just re-watched a lot of Oz, I've seen it all before, most of it more than once, but I like revisiting it from time to time.
Old 06-23-14, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
I still haven't watched Dexter but its availability on Netflix has piqued my interest. I just don't know how much time I want to invest in a show that has a notorious quality dip and a terrible finale. This seems to be an overall consensus of the show in general so I'm a bit leery.
It's still worth watching... the first four seasons, anyway. You could just stop there.
Old 06-23-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
Originally Posted by Mr. Flix
It's still worth watching... the first four seasons, anyway. You could just stop there.
I agree on the first four seasons. I have those seasons on DVD and I will probably rewatch them later on.
Old 06-24-14, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Fargo - so fucking good
Homeland - boy did that show run off the rails
Orphan Black - just started, seems fun
Old 06-24-14, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Poor Yvonne Strahovski. Two shows in a row that screwed up the finales.
Well hopefully come July 14 - that comes to an end. Ugh so the finale of Chuck was bad? sigh - bought the DVDs last week and was going to start to binge watch them oddly enough the week of this seasons 24 Finale - so guess I'll be having a "Yvonne Strahovski week" - LOL. (Not interested in Dexter so that won't be part of her week. Maybe I'll try to rent one of the movies she was recently in.)

Another show I binged watch - Legends House on the WWE Network - all the episodes last week except for the Reunion show since it didn't air yet on the WWE Network so I couldn't watch it. (It has since aired and I still haven't watched it. Sorta behind my WWE Network viewing. Darn World Cup!)

Last edited by LaxBandit; 06-24-14 at 03:52 AM.
Old 06-24-14, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by lopper
Homeland - boy did that show run off the rails
I think its the biggest drop in quality for any show I can remember. The first season of Homeland is as good as any TV show I have ever watched, and then the show just goes downhill in the middle of Season 2.

I am currently in the 6th season of Weeds, and will probably start The Wire next as Comcast HBO OnDemand has all of the seasons for free for the next year.
Old 06-24-14, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106
Harper's Island
So awesome and insanely under-rated. I gotta rewatch this one.
Old 06-24-14, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnabb
I think its the biggest drop in quality for any show I can remember. The first season of Homeland is as good as any TV show I have ever watched, and then the show just goes downhill in the middle of Season 2.

I am currently in the 6th season of Weeds, and will probably start The Wire next as Comcast HBO OnDemand has all of the seasons for free for the next year.

My thoughts exactly re: Homeland. I wish they'd just ended the series after Season 3. I don't have much interest in seeing the new adventures of Carrie and gang.

I binged The Wire a couple years ago. I might have watched all five (?) seasons in a month or so. It's so, so good, and is one of the very few instances of something living up to the hype.
Old 06-24-14, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Season 3 of Homeland took forever and a day to get going. The momentum the season ended on was awesome, but there's no reason they should have had what was essentially 6 or so wasted episodes to pick up steam. It was poorly executed.

Not sure what Season 4 has in store but the fact that Carrie is involved with the CIA still in any capacity throws what logic the show had left out the window.
Old 06-24-14, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I'm in the minority but I think seasons 1-5,7 and the first three quarters of season 8 are awesome. Season 6 is bad. And the finale....lets just say its next to Lost in terms of being the worst of the century so far.
Old 06-24-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I still don't get the hate for the Lost finale, but definitely do get the Dexter dislike on the last episode.

Just binged on Orange is the New Black Season 2 and Enlisted, enjoyed the hell out of both
Old 06-24-14, 03:59 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm way behind the times but have been watching Dr Who on Amazon Prime via my Roku box. I was one that always said something to the effect Tom Baker was the only real Dr Who since he was the first Dr I ever saw years ago on my local PBS station. Decided to give a look......wow real special effects!!

In any case saw the season with Chris Eccleston and now watching David Tennent. Just finished the Billie Piper shows and starting the Catherine Tate episodes. I'm trying to put aside the reviews of her when she appeared on the US version of "The Office" however.
Old 06-24-14, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
So awesome and insanely under-rated. I gotta rewatch this one.
I agree. I watched it when it originally aired on CBS. I bought the DVD set when it was first released and watched it right away. I hadn't re watched it a second time until recently. I think the increase in horror TV shows made me think back to Harper's Island. The show had a couple of flaws that bugged me, but I like it and can maybe see a similar show happening in the future. There is a book called Ten by Gretchen McNeil, which has a Harper's Island feel combined with Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None.
Old 06-24-14, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by RichC2
I still don't get the hate for the Lost finale, but definitely do get the Dexter dislike on the last episode.

Just binged on Orange is the New Black Season 2 and Enlisted, enjoyed the hell out of both
I also don't get the hate for the Lost finale, but I do get the dislike for the Dexter finale. The last season of Dexter was pretty bad.
Old 06-24-14, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Working my way through Fargo now.
Old 06-24-14, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Leverage.

Really liking it. And it's not scifi, supernatural, super powers, abilities etc....
Old 06-24-14, 10:45 PM

Finished season 1 of Broadchurch. Also a couple of episodes into season 1 of Longmire and season 7 of Doctor Who.
Old 06-24-14, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I spent the last 2 nights working through all of Rectify season 1 and the first episode of season 2. Now I'm on Downton Abbey.
Old 06-25-14, 01:19 AM

Last week I marathoned season 1 and 2 of American Horror Story, and Saturday I watched season 1 of Bates Motel.
Old 06-26-14, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

House of Cards - the UK version. Good stuff.
Old 06-26-14, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106
I also don't get the hate for the Lost finale
I think a lot of the hate of the LOST Finale has to with the final scenes of the empty plane at the end and the implications people drew from that.

(I know the showrunners eventually announced that they just gave that footage to the network as filler without meaning anything from it, but that was years later before they finally said that and people had already made up their minds long before then.)
Old 06-27-14, 05:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Orange is the new Black, season # 2" and for the most part "The Bridge." Both shows, I'm glad I did.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.