DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Cagayan -- "Havoc to Wreak" -- 5/07/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619917-survivor-cagayan-havoc-wreak-5-07-14-a.html)

DJariya 05-07-14 02:40 PM

Survivor: Cagayan -- "Havoc to Wreak" -- 5/07/14

DURING AN INTENSE CHALLENGE CASTAWAYS ATTEMPT TO CRACK THE CODE AND EARN A SPOT IN THE FINAL FIVE, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, MAY 7

"Havoc to Wreak" - During an intense challenge, castaways attempt to crack the code and earn a spot in the final five. Additionally, one castaway's paranoia threatens another's stake in the game, and Tony's closest confidant is wooed by another alliance, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, May 7 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CASTAWAYS:

Solarrion Tribe
Spencer Bledsoe
Latasha "Tasha" Fox
Trish Hegarty Latasha "Tasha" Fox
Yung "Woo" Hwang
Kassandra "Kass" McQuillen
Tony Vlachos

Eliminated Castaways:

Brains Tribe
David Samson (1st Voted Off)
Garrett Adelstein (2nd Voted Off)
J'Tia Taylor (4th Voted Off)

Beauty Tribe
Brice Johnston (3rd Voted Off)
Alexis Maxwell (7th Voted Off)
Morgan McLeod (9th Voted Off, Jury)
LJ McKanas (10th Voted Off, Jury)
Jeremiah Wood (11th Voted Off, Jury)
Jefra Bland (12th Voted Off, Jury)

Brawn Tribe
Cliff Robinson (5th Voted Off)
Lindsey Ogle (6th Off, Quit)
Sarah Lacina (8th Voted Off, Jury)

Episode 12 of 15

Worth noting, the season finale is not on a Sunday this season. The 2 hour finale and live reunion show will air on Wednesday May 21st.

Rob V 05-07-14 02:44 PM

Re: Survivor: Cagayan -- "Havoc to Wreak" -- 5/07/14

So Tony is in the final 3, correct? He uses an idol tonight and one next week because he can't use one beyond that point.

TomOpus 05-07-14 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 12099959)
So Tony is in the final 3, correct? He uses an idol tonight and one next week because he can't use one beyond that point.

Unless someone steals the idols.

Keith6601 05-07-14 03:19 PM

I'd love for Tony to just be so cocky that he doesn't use the idols because he's got the numbers to take out whoever he wants, then he goes to play one and it's too late to be used.

Rob V 05-07-14 04:25 PM

^^ I could see that happening. Or he "buys" votes and saves Woo / Spencer.

I do like how Tony has played this season. He's bee relentless and as manipulative as he'd needed to be.

TomOpus 05-07-14 07:10 PM

Kass: "I want to kill the cult leader."

aktick 05-07-14 08:30 PM

It's a good thing they didn't shove Kass down our throats too much earlier in the season, because I'm guessing viewership would be way down by now. What a horribly disgusting person. And she looks terrible for 40... :yack:

windom 05-07-14 08:39 PM

So now Tony is safe next vote and he can also guarantee someone else safety by giving that person his non-special idol (probably Trish or Woo). So there could potentially be 3 out of 5 people next week that can't be voted out, leaving only 2 choices as to who is voted out.

I'm hoping that Spencer can go on an immunity win streak.

aktick 05-07-14 08:42 PM

If he doesn't I'd imagine Woo is the only one with a chance of beating Tony in he final 3. And that's probably not too great of a chance.

TomOpus 05-07-14 08:43 PM

Yeah, Spencer has to win immunity or he's out, even though they're playing like Kass and Tony are at odds.

brainee 05-07-14 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by aktick (Post 12100262)
It's a good thing they didn't shove Kass down our throats too much earlier in the season, because I'm guessing viewership would be way down by now. What a horribly disgusting person. And she looks terrible for 40... :yack:

Eh ... that's what 40 looks like for a lot of normal women. I think when someone's personality is disgusting it makes them look worse than they really are.

Was I mishearing ... did Kass actually lecture someone about being condescending? :confused:

We're down to 5, so if it's a final 3 does mean this Sunday is the finale? And if it isn't the finale, doesn't that mean we get a (now) rare final 2?

windom 05-07-14 08:58 PM

The finale is on Wednesday the 21st. So one more regular episode before the finale. So we'll go into the finale with 4 players, which may point to a final 2 or it might just mean a two part final immunity challenge like they did when Cochran won.

AaronHernandez 05-07-14 09:04 PM

I can't recall ever liking a season and thinking it's a possible all time great season at the merge too absolutely hating almost all the merge episodes.

Cardsfan111 05-07-14 11:39 PM

As much as Tony has rubbed so many the wrong way, he has played a superior game. His noticing that Tasha was not scrambling and reacting it to it was well done.

I just wish this special idol wasn't part of the game. It's just too much power. Tony has had no reason to consider playing an idol with the "get out of jail free" card in his pocket. While he's playing well, he's going into TC every night with no fear.

On another note, I thought it was a little funny to hear Spencer talk strategy and indicate who they'd vote for now and who they'd vote for "next week" (if I heard correctly).

davidh777 05-08-14 02:45 AM

How often have we seen people talking about making a big move to take out the obvious leader, then it never happens and the final outcome is totally predictable? -ohbfrank-

Originally Posted by windom (Post 12100296)
The finale is on Wednesday the 21st. So one more regular episode before the finale. So we'll go into the finale with 4 players, which may point to a final 2 or it might just mean a two part final immunity challenge like they did when Cochran won.

Really, on a Wednesday? :hscratch: Thanks for the tip.

Baron Of Hell 05-08-14 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 12099994)
Unless someone steals the idols.

They can't be stolen only given.

Jackskeleton 05-08-14 04:25 AM

I'm so tired of Kass. It's beyond stupid how the goat suddenly thinks she can find an even bigger goat.

conscience 05-08-14 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton (Post 12100451)
I'm so tired of Kass. It's beyond stupid how the goat suddenly thinks she can find an even bigger goat.

And you know that she thinks the viewers just love her... :rolleyes:

dolphinboy 05-08-14 05:54 AM

I don't like Kass either (the hypocrisy and arrogance she displays is sickening) and I have a feeling she's going to be terribly annoying on the reunion show, but it's not like there's really a lot to choose from that's better.

Tony isn't really a bad guy compared to other "villains", but he's just not a very likable eithe, at least his social game as seen through the Survivor edit makes him seem crazy. Trish makes me want to puke and Woo basically has no personality. The two strongest players are probably going to leave the game in back-to-back evictions.

Spencer is really the only person I like, but he sure is young to already be so willing to admit he typically doesn't like children.

I can't stand the idols in the game, but this special one is ridiculous. Sure, it would feel better if Spencer had it, but it still wouldn't make me like the idea of there being such an idol used to play the game. My memory of these Survivors all get so fuzzy once one season ends that I had no recollection of this special idol ever being on any other season.

Not that I'm in way ready to lose my Survivor fix despite all the flaws, but there seems to have been far more "bad" seasons than good ones in the last few years (or a bit longer maybe).

Shannon Nutt 05-08-14 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy (Post 12100465)
Spencer is really the only person I like, but he sure is young to already be so willing to admit he typically doesn't like children.

I like him even more because he confessed that. I head the challenge reward and was thinking...all day with a bunch of little kids? I'd just lose this one on purpose. :)

If I were Spencer, Woo or Trish, I'd want to be in the final three with Kass and Tony. I think Spencer is gone next week if he can't win immunity. I'm guessing Kass wants Tony and Trish in the final three, and Tony wants Kass and Trish - because Trish hasn't done enough in the game to deserve to win.

Kdogg 05-08-14 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 12100441)
They can't be stolen only given.

The special one can't even be giving away. Only Tony can use it. I think he's got the game wrapped up unless the jury is really bitter. Spencer is the only one that could betting him in a final 2/3.

Jeremy517 05-08-14 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by aktick (Post 12100277)
If he doesn't I'd imagine Woo is the only one with a chance of beating Tony in he final 3. And that's probably not too great of a chance.

If it is a bitter jury, I think Tony loses to everyone except Kass.

TomOpus 05-08-14 12:20 PM

As has happened before, this is Tony's game to lose.

PhantomStranger 05-08-14 03:31 PM

I think Woo has a very good chance at beating Tony if the jury is extremely bitter.

dolphinboy 05-08-14 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 12101039)
I think Woo has a very good chance at beating Tony if the jury is extremely bitter.

Bitter jury talk immediately makes me think of Russell. Here's a guy many people thought was more than deserving of multiple wins. But as much as I typically hate bitter juries, I thought his was the perfect example of going far enough in being a dick that you lose the game based solely on jury hate.

Otherwise, to beat a more deserving person (Tony), the only way I can also side with the bitter jury is if someone makes it to the final who truly was likable and is able to articulate how they got to end by hooking themselves up to a powerful player and playing a smart enough game to let the other person take the heat for acting out and making themselves look bad and overly powerful.

If Tony makes the end and Spencer isn't there too, I can't see anyone in this crowd who could even convince a bitter jury that they deserved the money. Kass and Trish are just as annoying in their own ways, if not worse and have done little (Kass) to nothing (Trish) to deserve winning. And I just don't see Woo having enough charm to swing a bitter jury. Had he been a beast in challenges...then maybe.

Tony has to win if he's there at the end. I just can't even imagine a scenario where even if this jury is bitter that they'd want to reward anyone else.

mwbmis 05-08-14 07:44 PM

Trish landed Jefra and LJ to allow her and Tony to flip the game on Cliff. Trish also talked Kass into flipping. Tony at least partially owes his game to her.

windom 05-08-14 07:50 PM

So can we all agree that a final 3 of Kass, Trish and Woo would be the worst case scenario for the viewers?

aktick 05-08-14 09:23 PM

At least Woo seems like a decent guy.

Fandango 05-08-14 09:25 PM

When they first had immunity idols you were able to play them after the votes were read. I don't remember exactly when they changed it.

windom 05-08-14 10:37 PM

In case you weren't aware, the special idol is known as the "Tyler Perry idol" because Tyler Perry suggested it to Jeff Probst. Yeah, it used to be that way originally but now we can thank Tyler Perry for this as well as all those Madea movies.

creekdipper 05-09-14 03:24 PM

What would REALLY save this season & make it stand out would be if they made the special idol REALLY special and have no expiration date on it (unlike the "regular" idol that he has shown to everyone).

Imagine everyone's faces if they kept Tony around for Final Three thinking that no one likes him, he still had the SI, and then he whipped it out after the final votes are read.

Instant Scratch-Off Lottery Winner! Woo-hoo!

Sure, that'd be a huge middle finger to not only the other contestants but also the audience, but that's sort of what the producers have been doing in some recent seasons anyway.

One things for certain...if Tony is still alive in the near future, he'll be a returning contestant (possibly multiple times).

Cardsfan111 05-09-14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by creekdipper (Post 12102137)
What would REALLY save this season & make it stand out would be if they made the special idol REALLY special and have no expiration date on it (unlike the "regular" idol that he has shown to everyone).

Imagine everyone's faces if they kept Tony around for Final Three thinking that no one likes him, he still had the SI, and then he whipped it out after the final votes are read.

Instant Scratch-Off Lottery Winner! Woo-hoo!

Sure, that'd be a huge middle finger to not only the other contestants but also the audience, but that's sort of what the producers have been doing in some recent seasons anyway.

One things for certain...if Tony is still alive in the near future, he'll be a returning contestant (possibly multiple times).

And if he doesn't play the idol this year and it has no expiration date, he can bring it with him for next time! ;)

creekdipper 05-09-14 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12102150)
And if he doesn't play the idol this year and it has no expiration date, he can bring it with him for next time! ;)

:clap: Genius! :clap:

I'm sure Jeff is kicking himself for not thinking of doing that for B. Rob. Instead, they had to resort to other tactics (Redemption Island, Heroes, All-Stars, etc.) until he finally jackpotted.

LiquidSky 05-10-14 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12100387)
I just wish this special idol wasn't part of the game. It's just too much power.

Agreed. I hate the special idol.

LiquidSky 05-10-14 09:09 AM

I wish Kass would perform a frantic interpretive dance during tribal counsel. :)

Goat3001 05-12-14 01:29 PM

Spencer is in Tony's head a little bit. He knows how to get Tony paranoid. He can use that to get Tony to vote out Kass before him. After that he'll just need one immunity challenge win. Hopefully he can make that happen, he'd be one of my favorite Survivor winners of all time. And he'll definitely win if he makes the final tribal.

Woo needs his own tv show.

Baron Of Hell 05-12-14 05:05 PM

I think Tony knows no one likes Kass so getting rid of her would be a bad move. Best bet for Spencer would be to push the idea of getting rid of Woo since he could make a valid case of not leading the charge to get any of jury members off. I'm not sure if Tony would see Woo as a bigger threat than Spencer no matter how much Spencer pushes the idea.

leeta 05-12-14 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 12102721)
I wish Kass would perform a frantic interpretive dance during tribal counsel. :)

Yes, please. rotfl

I don't like her but I would love to see Kass in the final tribal council trying to field hostile questions and coming to the realization that the others really don't like her. She was just theorizing that maybe she ought to keep Tony around, since he isn't liked and she could beat him! :lol: Kinda delusional there!

Hoping that Spencer can somehow hang on. :fc:

Baron Of Hell 05-13-14 03:26 AM

Sometimes people that aren't liked don't get asked questions. Hmmm unless that is editing.

Goldberg74 05-13-14 07:26 PM

Probst tweeted that this week's show (5/14) is one hour and the three hour finale/reunion is on Wednesday 5/21, not their usual Sunday slot.