DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Cagayan -- "Havoc to Wreak" -- 5/07/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619917-survivor-cagayan-havoc-wreak-5-07-14-a.html)

mwbmis 05-08-14 07:44 PM

Re: Survivor: Cagayan -- "Havoc to Wreak" -- 5/07/14

Trish landed Jefra and LJ to allow her and Tony to flip the game on Cliff. Trish also talked Kass into flipping. Tony at least partially owes his game to her.

windom 05-08-14 07:50 PM

So can we all agree that a final 3 of Kass, Trish and Woo would be the worst case scenario for the viewers?

aktick 05-08-14 09:23 PM

At least Woo seems like a decent guy.

Fandango 05-08-14 09:25 PM

When they first had immunity idols you were able to play them after the votes were read. I don't remember exactly when they changed it.

windom 05-08-14 10:37 PM

In case you weren't aware, the special idol is known as the "Tyler Perry idol" because Tyler Perry suggested it to Jeff Probst. Yeah, it used to be that way originally but now we can thank Tyler Perry for this as well as all those Madea movies.

creekdipper 05-09-14 03:24 PM

What would REALLY save this season & make it stand out would be if they made the special idol REALLY special and have no expiration date on it (unlike the "regular" idol that he has shown to everyone).

Imagine everyone's faces if they kept Tony around for Final Three thinking that no one likes him, he still had the SI, and then he whipped it out after the final votes are read.

Instant Scratch-Off Lottery Winner! Woo-hoo!

Sure, that'd be a huge middle finger to not only the other contestants but also the audience, but that's sort of what the producers have been doing in some recent seasons anyway.

One things for certain...if Tony is still alive in the near future, he'll be a returning contestant (possibly multiple times).

Cardsfan111 05-09-14 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by creekdipper (Post 12102137)
What would REALLY save this season & make it stand out would be if they made the special idol REALLY special and have no expiration date on it (unlike the "regular" idol that he has shown to everyone).

Imagine everyone's faces if they kept Tony around for Final Three thinking that no one likes him, he still had the SI, and then he whipped it out after the final votes are read.

Instant Scratch-Off Lottery Winner! Woo-hoo!

Sure, that'd be a huge middle finger to not only the other contestants but also the audience, but that's sort of what the producers have been doing in some recent seasons anyway.

One things for certain...if Tony is still alive in the near future, he'll be a returning contestant (possibly multiple times).

And if he doesn't play the idol this year and it has no expiration date, he can bring it with him for next time! ;)

creekdipper 05-09-14 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12102150)
And if he doesn't play the idol this year and it has no expiration date, he can bring it with him for next time! ;)

:clap: Genius! :clap:

I'm sure Jeff is kicking himself for not thinking of doing that for B. Rob. Instead, they had to resort to other tactics (Redemption Island, Heroes, All-Stars, etc.) until he finally jackpotted.

LiquidSky 05-10-14 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111 (Post 12100387)
I just wish this special idol wasn't part of the game. It's just too much power.

Agreed. I hate the special idol.

LiquidSky 05-10-14 09:09 AM

I wish Kass would perform a frantic interpretive dance during tribal counsel. :)

Goat3001 05-12-14 01:29 PM

Spencer is in Tony's head a little bit. He knows how to get Tony paranoid. He can use that to get Tony to vote out Kass before him. After that he'll just need one immunity challenge win. Hopefully he can make that happen, he'd be one of my favorite Survivor winners of all time. And he'll definitely win if he makes the final tribal.

Woo needs his own tv show.

Baron Of Hell 05-12-14 05:05 PM

I think Tony knows no one likes Kass so getting rid of her would be a bad move. Best bet for Spencer would be to push the idea of getting rid of Woo since he could make a valid case of not leading the charge to get any of jury members off. I'm not sure if Tony would see Woo as a bigger threat than Spencer no matter how much Spencer pushes the idea.

leeta 05-12-14 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 12102721)
I wish Kass would perform a frantic interpretive dance during tribal counsel. :)

Yes, please. rotfl

I don't like her but I would love to see Kass in the final tribal council trying to field hostile questions and coming to the realization that the others really don't like her. She was just theorizing that maybe she ought to keep Tony around, since he isn't liked and she could beat him! :lol: Kinda delusional there!

Hoping that Spencer can somehow hang on. :fc:

Baron Of Hell 05-13-14 03:26 AM

Sometimes people that aren't liked don't get asked questions. Hmmm unless that is editing.

Goldberg74 05-13-14 07:26 PM

Probst tweeted that this week's show (5/14) is one hour and the three hour finale/reunion is on Wednesday 5/21, not their usual Sunday slot.