DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrow -- "Streets of Fire" -- 5/07/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619915-arrow-streets-fire-5-07-14-a.html)

DJariya 05-07-14 02:33 PM

Arrow -- "Streets of Fire" -- 5/07/14

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/...58361494_n.png

"Streets of Fire" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

MALCOLM MERLYN RETURNS - Oliver (Stephen Amell) rallies his team as Slade's (Manu Bennett) soldiers attack the city. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) gets a call from S.T.A.R. Labs with game-changing news and Thea (Willa Holland) comes face-to-face with her father - Malcolm Merlyn (guest star John Barrowman). Nick Copus directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Ben Sokolowski (#222).

Episode 22 of 23

draven31 05-07-14 05:29 PM

Re: Arrow -- "Streets of Fire" -- 5/07/14

So very excited for tonight's episode..
And the return of Malcolm..
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psc01d3dfc.gif

Now if they would just get rid of Laurel, this would be a perfect show.
The rest of the cast play very well off each other. As soon as Laurel is in a scene it goes downhill for me.

dex14 05-07-14 08:06 PM

Jesus...these cliffhangers!

This was bananas. Felt like I was watching movie quality stuff here. Excellent.

anomynous 05-07-14 08:43 PM

Did I miss something? When did Sara end up back on the Amazo?

Toonview 05-07-14 10:05 PM

G'damn, I love this show so freakin' much!

RocShemp 05-07-14 10:36 PM

I hope Thea dies next week. I'm tired of her.

PhantomStranger 05-07-14 10:37 PM

Pure Awesomesauce.:D

It's criminal we didn't get Summer Glau in the patent leather before this episode.

This has been my favorite season of television since one of the good Lost seasons. I'm not sure how they will ever top it unless Superman or another hero shows up.

Deftones 05-07-14 10:55 PM

I am going to go out on a limb and say Thea didn't shoot Merlyn. She shot someone behind him.

TheBigDave 05-08-14 12:10 AM

Slade plans to kill the woman that Oliver loves the most. Who's that gonna be?

It seems like they're setting it up to be Sara. She had a typical hero/redemption moment that usually foreshadows a death scene. But I really hope it's Laurel. Her scenes drag down every episode. And I'm not gonna buy it if Laurel starts running around next year as Black Canary to honor her sister's memory.

I'll be pissed if it's Felicity.

Tom Creo 05-08-14 12:39 AM

I like Laurel.

phantom_azazel 05-08-14 01:54 AM

keep sara, dump laurel

Baron Of Hell 05-08-14 03:14 AM

You failed this city Brother Blood. Now you dead.

Diggle should be Black Canary because he is black and cute like a canary.

This show is unrealistic, you never see people going to the bathroom. I want to see police daddy poop. America wants to see him poop. The world wants to see him poop.

I want to see Malcolm and Walter fighter over Thea. She is my daughter. No she is my daughter. I saw her first.

I wish I had some ice cream. Chocolate chip mint would be good with arrow.

randian 05-08-14 03:18 AM

Laurel shouldn't have been able to draw that bow.

Axeramm 05-08-14 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by randian (Post 12100443)
Laurel shouldn't have been able to draw that bow.

Maybe she isnt really a drunk, she spent all that time pouring alcohol into a barrel and was slapping it. That is why she kinda looked like crap for several episodes this season.

RocShemp 05-08-14 05:18 AM

The writers will throw a curve ball and kill Felicity. :(

Axeramm 05-08-14 05:55 AM

I love this show, it is one of the few I watch live every week. If they kill Felicity I am not sure I would want to watch it anymore. She was just supposed to be there for an episode or two but has turned into my favorite character. She works so well with both Oliver and Diggle that i can't imagine the show without her.

Xiroteus 05-08-14 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 12100457)
The writers will throw a curve ball and kill Felicity. :(

I know people that will stop watching it if they do that. I will continue to watch yet I will be pissed off about it.

Baron Of Hell 05-08-14 06:28 AM

I don't think anyone in the main team arrow group will die. Slade will try but he will fail.

dex14 05-08-14 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell (Post 12100442)
You failed this city Brother Blood. Now you dead.

Diggle should be Black Canary because he is black and cute like a canary.

This show is unrealistic, you never see people going to the bathroom. I want to see police daddy poop. America wants to see him poop. The world wants to see him poop.

I want to see Malcolm and Walter fighter over Thea. She is my daughter. No she is my daughter. I saw her first.

I wish I had some ice cream. Chocolate chip mint would be good with arrow.

http://www.troll.me/images2/grammar-...oure-drunk.jpg

Deftones 05-08-14 07:44 AM

I thought they said that the one more thing Wilson was going to kill was not a person, but a thing. The city itself. One of the things Ollie loved most.

LaxBandit 05-08-14 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by anomynous (Post 12100279)
Did I miss something? When did Sara end up back on the Amazo?

Ollie told Sarah to leave the sub and go to the island when they went ahead and shot that one torpedo (the one that had to be controled by someone - that one guy who was dieing volunteered) a couple of episodes ago. Ollie wanted her far away as possible from the subs. He then went out to find her and found the walkie-talkie he gave her but not her. He figured out Slade must have took her.

PhantomStranger - It's criminal we didn't get Summer Glau in the patent leather before this episode.

Well technically we did - her kicking Diggle and appearing was at the end of last weeks episode. They just repeated that part last night.

PhantomStranger 05-08-14 03:08 PM

I don't think Sara gets killed, she is way too popular with the fans. That might have been the plan when she was first introduced, but I know that everyone went nuts when Laurel called her the Canary. I've said it before, but there are a lot of good reasons why Felicity might end up getting moved to the Flash series.

I think Thea would be the prime choice to kill but then that leaves Roy with very little left on the show. Since Roy is definitely a part of the long-term plans, Thea is probably safe for at least another season or two.

DJariya 05-08-14 03:14 PM

:thumbsup: That was fucking awesome. This show really packs a punch in it's last few episodes of the season.

:lol: at how stupid Brother Blood was.

I read previously that Caity Lotz has a contract option for her to become a series regular. Whether or not that happens, I guess depends heavily on next week's episode. But yes credibility-wise and from a physicality standpoint, she makes the most sense to stay the Canary.

robin2099 05-08-14 04:33 PM

Yeah this was awesome. It's really impressive how they are able to pull off some of the things they can on CW money. They must have good accountants on that show.

Loved seeing Summer Glau kick butt as Ravager and finally getting to see Dig have some moments again. Felicity hitting her with the van was just the icing on the cake. She's had some great moments the last couple of episodes between this and her bitch with WiFi comment.

Really hope they don't kill off Sara. I think she fits the show well and she fits the Black Canary mold better than Laurel can. Like I said I see no reason to make Laurel the Canary other than "thats how it has to be because it's like the comics" line of thinking. Plus both characters seem to be having character moments that could put them on the chopping block.

I wonder what's going to happen in season 3? Season 1 basically borrowed from Batman Begins, Season 2 is borrowing from TDK and TDKR so what about season 3? There running out of Nolan Batman movies to emulate.

Ropes Pierre 05-08-14 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Peter Clemenza (Post 12100428)
leave the laurel, take the sara

I hope Merlin whisks Thea away, trains her in stuff and turns her into "Speedy". I want her shooting a bow like her name was Thea Everdeen.