Reload this Page >

Castle -- "Veritas" -- 5/05/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-05-14, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,304 Posts

CASTLE AND BECKETT ARE THE TARGETS OF A MANHUNT WHICH PUTS THEIR LIVES IN DANGER, ON ABC'S "CASTLE"

"Veritas" -- A secret investigation conducted by Beckett related to her mother's murder goes awry when a man she has been surveilling is killed. When evidence links Beckett to the victim, she and Castle become the targets of a manhunt that puts both of them in grave danger, on "Castle"

"Castle" stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Alex Fernandez as Capt. Marcus Donovan, David Gautreaux as Dr. Oliver Pressing, Tom Billett as Sergio, Chic Daniel as Thomas.

"Veritas" was written by Rob Hanning & Terence Paul Winter and directed by Rob Bowman.

Episode 22 of 23
Old 05-05-14, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Castle -- "Veritas" -- 5/05/14

fantastic episode. Glad Beckett got closure.

I almost screamed
Spoiler:
when they showed Montgomery!!
Old 05-06-14, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Fuck yeah!!

Now THAT'S great TV. That's why Castle is my favorite show on TV right now. I'd buy the DVD set for this season just for that episode - it was that good and that satisfying.

Events from the first season up till now have led up to this episode. This was the payoff. The nice thing is we've had payoff episodes leading up to this one, but each time there was something dangling out there waiting to be uncovered. Each of those episodes were fantastic, and they were all satisfying in their own way, but this was the endgame.

Well done. I loved it.

I'm still shocked that this series doesn't get more love around here (especially given all the Firefly fans here). This show has the perfect combination of drama and humor - and it's got a phenomenal cast playing great characters.

This episode was as good as anything that they've done to date on Castle, and they've had a lot of great episodes.
Old 05-06-14, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a bummer that there aren't more people talking about this show here since it is such a high quality show with an extremely high entertainment value - and last night's episode is really worth discussing.

Oh, well. Cest la vie.
Old 05-06-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 718 Likes on 513 Posts

Cool episode. I doubt that's the last we see of Bracken. No way that storyline is complete.
Old 05-06-14, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Cool episode. I doubt that's the last we see of Bracken. No way that storyline is complete.
I think it is. They've got him on tape admitting to conspiracy and murder. They'd be able to tie the murders to him circumstantially, and then the tape is the smoking gun, more or less. He's done.

Now 3XK, that's a threat that is still out there and a storyline that isn't complete.
Old 05-07-14, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts

Oh I've missed Montgomery and it was awesome to see the actor and the character again. The writers further established what a good guy Montgomery was by setting up that he had been trying to help Beckett since they first met. I kinda hope this is the last we see of Bracken because this was such a satisfying ending.
Old 05-07-14, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts

I hope this concludes Beckett's mom story. It was starting to get on my nerves (even though I really like HRG).
Old 05-07-14, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 434 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
I hope this concludes Beckett's mom story. It was starting to get on my nerves (even though I really like HRG).
I agree. It (like Red John on Mentalist) was drawn out for way too long. I hope it's the last we hear of it. And HRG should really be on his own show. He plays such a good villain.
Old 05-07-14, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 76 Posts

I am just happy that the conclusion (?) to Beckett's mom story wasn't as lame as the Red John ending. What a friggin let down that was. I even stopped watching the show because it was so bad. I still like Castle and it is probably the only show I watch live.
Old 05-17-14, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Agree this was a good episode. Once Castle is finished I think you could pick out these core story episodes, along with 12 others and have a great compact viewing experience; perhaps the equivalent of 2-3 seasons.

I didn't see mother thread, so I'll also say this was better than the finale. I think they would have worked better in fevers order, then just take the finale ending and tack on to this episode. I think it would've worked thematically better anyway.