Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once Upon a Time -- "Kansas" -- 5/04/14

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-14, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Once Upon a Time -- "Kansas" -- 5/04/14

WITH MARY MARGARET IN LABOR, THE RESIDENTS OF STORYBROOKE GO ON HIGH ALERT TO ENSURE THAT ZELENA DOESN'T TRY TO STEAL HER NEWBORN BABY, AND IN THE LAND OF OZ OF THE PAST, A YOUNG GIRL FROM KANSAS THREATENS TO BE ZELENA'S UNDOING, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

"Kansas" - With Mary Margaret in labor and due to give birth at any moment, the residents of Storybrooke go on high alert in an attempt to ensure that Zelena doesn't try to steal her newborn baby for use in her ultimate game plan to turn back time and change her destiny -- while obliterating Regina's existence. Meanwhile, in the land of Oz of the past, Glinda tries to convince Zelena to fight her evil tendencies and join her and her sister witches as a protector of Oz. But the appearance of a young girl from Kansas could turn out to be her undoing, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MAY 4 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Michael Raymond-James as Baelfire/Neal Cassidy, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, David Anders as Dr. Whale, Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, Rebecca Mader as Zelena, Gabe Khouth as Mr. Clark/Sneezy, Sunny Mabrey as Glinda, Sean Maguire as Robin Hood, Jason Burkart as Little John, Sharon Taylor as Witch of East, Karen Holness as Witch of North and Matreya Scarrwener as Dorothy.

"Kansas" was written by Andrew Chambliss & Kalinda Vazquez and directed by Gwyneth Horder-Payton.

Episode 20 of 22
Old 05-05-14, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time -- "Kansas" -- 5/04/14

I still don't understand why the witches think Oz is a fraud. Sure, his "big and powerful" schtick is an act, but his inter-realm teleportation devices are real enough, and he's the only one who has them.
Old 05-05-14, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Someone needs their magic to return.

Originally Posted by randian
I still don't understand why the witches think Oz is a fraud. Sure, his "big and powerful" schtick is an act, but his inter-realm teleportation devices are real enough, and he's the only one who has them.
I wondered the same thing. Appears he has access to powers the others do not so that's not being much of a fraud.
Old 05-07-14, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I don't think that was the last of the Wicked Witch. I guess this means Regina will be on the heroes' side for the foreseeable future. Did anyone else notice they didn't bother naming the baby?
Old 05-07-14, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

The baby's name is Uhg Uhg I'm Dying You Idiot.
Old 05-07-14, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is obviously a show that doesn't really hold up well to scrutiny, but I've definitely come to just really enjoy almost all of what it offers. It's a breezy 45 minutes with main characters that I really like a lot and find interesting, which helps with the hokey/cheesy parts of each episode. The stories are far from perfect, but I like them even when they go too far, last a bit too long or get too silly.

I know that I'm probably in the minority, but I like Regina more when she's on the "good" side. I really want to like her, so when she goes all nuts and vindictive, I don't really care for her being the villain. Gold is more suited, in my opinion, to kind of jump from doing the right thing and then doing the evil/selfish/wrong thing. I find him interesting when he's both evil and good. Regina, I want to smother with kisses, so I'd prefer is she stayed nice.
Old 05-07-14, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by randian
He is a fraud. He gets people to get him items that he can use to get other people to get him items that he can use...... Zelena was supposed to get him something of the Dark One's after he gave her the shoes. His 'inter-realm teleportation device" is just the silver shoes from the Wizard of Oz books that he probably found. (Glad they kept the original silver instead of the ruby ones from the film. It's probably because of trademarks but still).

I can't understand why Gold wouldn't want to Zelena to succeed. Neal would be alive if she changes the past. Plus he would have access to the slippers so he doesn't need the curse to come to this world.

I also like good Regina.