Reload this Page >

Resurrection -- Season Finale -- "Torn Apart" -- 5/04/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-03-14, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

SEASON FINALE

ARCADIA IS OVERCOME BY BOTH PHYSICAL AND UNNATURAL FORCES, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S "RESURRECTION"

"Torn Apart" - The town of Arcadia is in a state of chaos when the return of the deceased reaches a critical mass. Bellamy has no other choice than to ask for outside aid which backfires when Sheriff Fred steps in with his own agenda, triggering a siege on the town that no one saw coming, on the season finale of "Resurrection," SUNDAY, MAY 4 (9:00-10:01 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Resurrection" stars Omar Epps as J. Martin Bellamy, Frances Fisher as Lucille Langston, Matt Craven as Fred Langston, Devin Kelley as Maggie Langston, Mark Hildreth as Pastor Tom Hale, Samaire Armstrong as Elaine Richards, Sam Hazeldine as Caleb Richards, Landon Gimenez as Jacob and Kurtwood Smith as Henry Langston.

Guest starring are James Tupper as Dr. Eric Ward, Kathleen Munroe as Rachael Braidwood, Veronica Cartwright as Helen Edgerton, Kevin Sizemore as Gary Humphrey, Christopher Berry as Deputy Carl Enders, Michael Harding as Paul Thornton, Katherine Willis as Kimberly, Jwaundace Candece as Mrs. Camille Thompson, Shawn Shepard as Mr. Wallace Thompson, Nadej Bailey as Jenny Thompson, Tamlyn Tomita as Dr. Toni Willis, Lori Beth Sikes as Janine Hale, April Billingsley as Barbara Langston, Gary Weeks as Deputy Andrew Chartman, Mike Pniewski as Colonel Austryn Everest Stone, Eduardo Gonzalez as Deputy Gonzalez, Jason Alexander Davis as Deputy and Tiffany Morgan as Eva, Stevie Ray Dallimore as Lt. Charles Kellerman and Brandon Gregory as Solider #1.

"Torn Apart" was written by Aaron Zelman and directed by Dan Attias.

Episode 8 of 8
Old 05-04-14, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Resurrection -- Season Finale -- "Torn Apart" -- 5/04/14

Very good season finale. A poster guessed the Bellamy twist a week or two ago. I kind of like that twist. For awhile I thought the show writers might use Bellamy's storyline from the book on the show. I think going this route might be better story wise.
Old 05-04-14, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can someone explain the Bellamy twist? Actually, I had to figure out who Bellamy was, first of all. Was that mark on his neck supposed to mean something?
Old 05-05-14, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by windom View Post
Can someone explain the Bellamy twist? Actually, I had to figure out who Bellamy was, first of all. Was that mark on his neck supposed to mean something?
Marty is the son of the black family that stayed with Jacob's family. The birthmark on the back of his neck was the reveal.

Really good season finale and of course it ends on a cliffhanger.

Man, Fred turned into a major douche bag after his wife rejected him. I liked how Henry ripped him saying their father was right about him.

Hopefully this gets a second season.
Old 05-05-14, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by windom View Post
You pay much attention when watching TV ?

I liked the finale but little disappointed it took this many episodes to get good (last 3?) Now that all those events took place I guess we can look forward to a good second season.
Old 05-05-14, 04:28 AM
ATX

meh..

finale was underwhelming like the rest of the episodes

i figured after the black lady in the sheriff station wasnt related that somehow bellamy would be

the reveal wasnt exciting and the alleged cliffhanger where you have bugs then the military to snatch up marty-jacob wasnt the best

i give it 2 stars because Crisis is still on the air
Old 05-05-14, 07:24 AM

Either Bellamy is a "returned" that has lived all these years, or the "lost son"who may have survived the flood the mother was talking about at the church and mentioned his birthmark on the back of his neck. Right after she said that, the scene switched to Bellamy going to walk thru a door and all I could think about at that moment was to how many people watching the show (including myself) were looking at the back of his neck for it! LOL
Old 05-05-14, 08:02 AM

In one of the previous episodes, Bellamy mentioned being adopted. I wonder if he returned later on and was assumed to be an abandoned child and then adopted out.
Old 05-05-14, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by ATX View Post
meh..

finale was underwhelming like the rest of the episodes

i figured after the black lady in the sheriff station wasnt related that somehow bellamy would be

the reveal wasnt exciting and the alleged cliffhanger where you have bugs then the military to snatch up marty-jacob wasnt the best

i give it 2 stars because Crisis is still on the air
to each their own...I thought it was a really strong episode and a series I really enjoyed...I think they have found a nice balance between the serialized elements and characters that you can actually empathize with unlike some of the drek on TV like Walking Dead
Old 05-05-14, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think Bellamy is returned. He survived the flow, and was later adopted.

We are supposed to believe that this event just started with Jacob.

They of course can change their mind, and make Bellamy a returned in the next seasons, but I wouldn't like that.

They made a few changes from the book to keep the show interesting.
Old 05-05-14, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Raul3 View Post
I don't think Bellamy is returned. He survived the flow, and was later adopted.

Didn't the family (now revealed to be Bellamy's parents) staying with Jacob's parents reveal that they knew Kurtwood's grandfather? Wouldn't Bellamy have to be a returned otherwise he'd be over 100 years old?
Old 05-05-14, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by ericmylad View Post
Didn't the family (now revealed to be Bellamy's parents) staying with Jacob's parents reveal that they knew Kurtwood's grandfather? Wouldn't Bellamy have to be a returned otherwise he'd be over 100 years old?
They did look as if they were dressed from the 1940-1950's. So I'm thinking Bellamy is probably a returned, since he doesn't look to be pushing 70!
Old 05-05-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...s-flat/260369/

Ratings were up. Won the timeslot. Good news. I can see this coming back for another short episode order like 10-13 episodes.
Old 05-05-14, 11:44 AM

I'm just not sure how much further they can take the show - once its explained how they all came back and why. I just can't see this show going on and on like a regular TV show with a lot of seasons.
Old 05-05-14, 12:10 PM

Enjoyed the finale and the reveal. Am wondering if the government already knew about Bellamy? Any thoughts on how the bugs tie in?
Old 05-05-14, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mickey65 View Post
I'm just not sure how much further they can take the show - once its explained how they all came back and why. I just can't see this show going on and on like a regular TV show with a lot of seasons.
Sure it can. They can then move on to the returned and what they do and/or how to make them leave or whatever. It doesn't end just because they find out how they came back.
Old 05-05-14, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk God

This is what it should have been by the 3rd episode.

I have no idea what the timeframe has been. It would seemingly be a month, but I can't imagine a federal agent could simply hang around a random town for so long.

They did look as if they were dressed from the 1940-1950's. So I'm thinking Bellamy is probably a returned, since he doesn't look to be pushing 70!
Yeah, there has to be something weird about him. He can't have simply been an orphan who survived their disappearance.
Old 05-05-14, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by SmithsGuy View Post
Enjoyed the finale and the reveal. Am wondering if the government already knew about Bellamy? Any thoughts on how the bugs tie in?
Old 05-05-14, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post
Ha, yeah, unfortunately I don't give all shows I watch my undivided attention. Depending on the show, I may end up paying more attention to my laptop/internet. I started off watching Resurrection pretty closely but that has dropped off a bit. For a show like Believe, I barely pay attention any more. Luckily there are so many nice DVD Talkers willing to answer my questions on most things I miss on any given show.

Right now I'm typing this as I'm watching the new 24, but that is definitely a show I plan on following more closely.
Old 05-05-14, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by VHS? View Post

I liked the finale but little disappointed it took this many episodes to get good (last 3?) Now that all those events took place I guess we can look forward to a good second season.
Even with only eight episodes they waited a bit too long to get going. This was entertaining.
Old 05-05-14, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
This is what it should have been by the 3rd episode.

I have no idea what the timeframe has been. It would seemingly be a month, but I can't imagine a federal agent could simply hang around a random town for so long.

Yeah, there has to be something weird about him. He can't have simply been an orphan who survived their disappearance.
I thought Henry mentioned it had been about a week since the kid came back.
Old 05-06-14, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This season was a disappointment. It's what I like to call softball writing, a timid exploration of the basic premise and questions raised in the series. I don't buy how they introduced the government into the town.

You can skip most of the middle episodes and not miss much from the overall arc. For a season that only lasted eight episodes, there seemed to be very little urgency regarding plot development. This is classic ABC counter-programming meant for people turned off by The Walking Dead.
Old 05-06-14, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
This season was a disappointment. It's what I like to call softball writing, a timid exploration of the basic premise and questions raised in the series. I don't buy how they introduced the government into the town.

You can skip most of the middle episodes and not miss much from the overall arc. For a season that only lasted eight episodes, there seemed to be very little urgency regarding plot development. This is classic ABC counter-programming meant for people turned off by The Walking Dead.
Well I guess I am part of their target because I thought this was infinitely more interesting than all but a few episodes of the criminally stupid Walking Dead, maybe the dumbest (but somehow most popular) show on regular television.

Since it is only a week total time I did not think it was too softball and gave time to get to know the characters most of whom are likeable and people I care what happens to.
Old 05-06-14, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The only thing I didn't like is how the army guy changed his mind. They don't work like that. They just follow orders from their superiors. And the way they showed the scenes it seems that they were convinced by the Sheriff. I know, just a little thing.
Old 05-06-14, 11:41 AM

Did anyone notice the SUV's and helicopters at the end seemed more like "Secret Service" type of things rather than Army - and they didn't match the type of military stuff that was in town already. As if I completely different unit was going after Bellamy and Jacob?

For all we know, it may have been Bellamy's co-workers coming to rescue him?

I guess we'll find out in a few months!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.