DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Big Bang Theory - "The Proton Transmogrification" - 5/1/14 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/619806-big-bang-theory-proton-transmogrification-5-1-14-a.html)

dex14 05-01-14 05:13 PM

The Big Bang Theory - "The Proton Transmogrification" - 5/1/14

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...96573106_n.jpg

"The Proton Transmogrification" - Professor Proton helps Sheldon cope with grief, while Leonard turns a relationship milestone into a competition with Penny. Meanwhile, Amy and Bernadette make a "Star Wars Day" gift for the guys, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Thursday, May 1 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Bob Newhart returns as Professor Proton.
STAR WARS THEMED EPISODE

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8b7vwGZUF7E?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hanshotfirst1138 05-01-14 10:18 PM

Re: The Big Bang Theory - "The Proton Transmogrification" - 5/1/14

Star Wars! STAR WARS! STAR WARS!! IT'S EVERYWHERE! I've worked so hard to try to get it out of my life without the OOT, and it's chasing me! And I want to punch people who call it Episode IV, even though I know they're right. Anyway, nice actual human moment from Sheldon, though they of course backpedal shortly thereafter. Wonder if this is the last we'll see of Newhart? He was hilarious, as always. The usual mix of genuine sentiment only to undercut it with jokes, and Star Wars cuts a bit too deeply for me to laugh at some, but a few good ones.

"We just started again.'
"Son of a bitch!"

Penny knowing way more about Star Wars than she'd like to was funny, though most of what she said was such common knowledge, I don't know why it bothered her, my dad knows half of that.

resinrats 05-02-14 07:22 PM

Holy crap was that a bad episode. The James earl Jones one also sucked. Maybe they just should not do episodes with a high Star wars plot.

astrochimp 05-02-14 08:21 PM

The hug was nice.

Michael Corvin 05-02-14 09:36 PM

I thought it was great. Newhart was fucking brilliant as always.

Penny knowing Star Wars was great, as was the bit about Leonard being the emotional one and crying at Toy Story 3. The hug was nice too, especially without forcing a punchline in there.

I do agree the JEJ episode was bad (except for praking Carrie Fisher's house).

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12094959)
"We just started again.'
"Son of a bitch!"

:lol:

Raul3 05-03-14 01:43 AM

I thought it was good.

mhg83 05-03-14 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 (Post 12094959)

Penny knowing way more about Star Wars than she'd like to was funny, though most of what she said was such common knowledge, I don't know why it bothered her, my dad knows half of that.

At work today I asked my female co-worker If she knows why Star Wars Day is on Sunday? "May The 4th be with you." followed by an angry "I can't believe I know that!" :lol:

Jackskeleton 05-03-14 01:20 PM

I enjoyed it, though I also enjoyed the hell out of the James Earl Jones one as well.

UAIOE 05-03-14 06:12 PM

I thought the part where Sheldon was reminiscing about Dr. Proton's laugh, and his ghost showed up and said told him he didn't get a laugh before was pretty good.

Kal-El 05-04-14 10:44 PM

I loved it. And I'm surprised they got as much help from Lucasfilm as they did considering they trashed quite a bit of the PT.

movieking 05-05-14 08:41 AM

I really enjoyed the episode as well, and from reading some articles online, the producers are open to using Newhart again, as he could appear in Sheldon's head, so it mightn't be the last time we see him on the show.

starseed1981 05-05-14 10:22 AM

Loved Penny having the Star Wars knowledge flashes.

wearetheborg 05-07-14 02:06 AM

Penny in that black dress
:drool:

fumanstan 05-07-14 02:08 AM

I thought it was funny too, I liked the hug and I liked the Penny/Leonard discussion about who was 'winning' in marriage proposals.

madcougar 05-07-14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by wearetheborg (Post 12099486)
Penny in that black dress
:drool:

:lol: I'm going to have to watch the episode again. I don't remember thinking she looked hot at all and I ALWAYS check out what she's wearing.